• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arnold is way over rated !!

I'm getting the hang of this LPS

An arms comparison with Lee Priest and the very first Mr. Olympia in 1965, Larry Scott

arms5jv.jpg

Arnold, Casey and Dorian

I admire Dorian's work ethic but how the heck he won the Olympia so many times is beyond me

arnoldcaseydorian6wi.jpg

Last edited:
arnie stands out against all of those comparisons.

currently reading "total recall". :p

and the current crop of pro's look fucking shit compared to arnies generation. who the fuck would wanna look like coleman and co...

The more you stand Coleman next to Arnold the more you see what a class act Arnie was

Agree, back when bodybuilding was about looking good and impressing without being a complete freak.... Arnold wouldn't be the only one from back then who'd measure up better against some of todays hulks. I bet Frank Zane would look better side by side too.... not in terms of pure mass of course. Maybe their bodyfat is also lower (too low) today?

I don't follow it a lot, but from what I've seen online I think a lot of the 'nattys' these days look better than the top top pros for this reason.

When a blokes lats are twice the size of a natural bodybuilders thighs something is wrong :p

Last edited:
I tend to disagree....

Ronnies legs are unbelievable!!! He's in a totally different class..

Would have been interesting to see how Arnie physique would have reacted to today's chemicals...

You're missing the point Nazzy, it's not a size comparison

I still think columbo and zane is more appealing I reckon he won so many because of the height advantage to be honest. If he had platz's legs he would of been the ultimate. But still not my favourite

My father has a saying that a champion in any era would usually be a champion in another era. Pretty sure if Arnold competed along side Ronnie with all the advancements in training, diet, drugs, supps etc he'd do very well. Stick Ronnie back in the 60s and 70s and how would he go.

Arnold had that ability to rise to the challenge. 1975 Mr O was on 6 months training after dropping alot of weight to film Stay Hungry. 1980 Mr O people whinge about, but some of those photos of Arnold are insane.

Then theres what Arnold did for the sport publicity wise ....... Arnold maid (see that) bodybuilding a household sport.