• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'll see how I look at the end of this year and assess from there.

I would love to do it just once, but on the same token, it would be very disheartening to step on stage and see all these guys with amazing physiques. I feel like if I can't be the best at my gym, I won't be the best on stage. I'm probably one of the biggest guys at my gym, but definitely not the best.

You should feel uplifted, motivated, to do better than before, thats how winning is done. (paraphrase, S.Stallone, Rocky IV).

Many people compete with the realisation they have no chance in winning, or placing, but they still do it. Strong.

i think bodybuilding is a bit different from other forms of competitive sports.

Those committed to bb, inlcluding those who do not compete for a variety fo reasons, adopt a lifestyle which consumes their time and energy enough for them to legitimately call themselves bb's. In this sense, bb is also a lifestyle, and art, and a competitive sport if he or she chooses to take the ultimate test of going on stage before their peers.

All people around them also consider them to be bbs, just looking at them and observing their dedication in terms of diet and so on.

I did bb for a few years, but never competed. I sort of knew i would look quite skinny at a ripped 90kg on a 186cm frame.

In contrast, i find competiting in running, throwing, powerliftign and olympic lifting much less daunting.

Hope this makes sense.

Not really. Bodybuilding is having the balls to get up on stage in your little pink g in front of a heap of people and the judges.

Those that adopt the lifestyle and don't compete are just dedicated gym goers who want to look good.

Like I said before, not competing and calling yourself a bodybuilder is disrepectful to those that have the balls to compete.

Bazza, truth is many dont agree; they adopt bb lifestyle and will never compete. Disrespect for serious bbs has little to do with it.

Surely lifestyle choice better than eating crap and getting fat and unhealthy.

Having said that, I hope this form of recreation and lifestyle does not also mean the use of anabolic steroids.

A bb that does not compete is still imortant to bb as a sport. In addition to lifestyle and training, they buy the mags and products, they go to shows, and they may have friends who are bbs who the support and encourage. In other words, there would be no bb sport if it was not for the millions of bbs that do not compete.

In a way, they are like the mediocre lifters and ageing athletes like myself, who still compete in aths and powerlifting and so on, and help prop up the sport's image in terms of interest and participation numbers.

Last edited:
it's settled, make a new sub section;

People that train for size, but do not want to compete in bodybuilding

or PTTFSBDNWTCIBBers for short. FFS