• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone do the Arnold Blueprint?

I looked at it and was seriously contemplating doing it but don't have enough hours in the day to spend 2 or more of them in the gym.
I think its a good looking routine and will yield good results. I've done other musclepharm routines before with good success

I think that with the substances available today and knowing how long and how much he spent in the gym, you would not need to spend as munch time doing it?

Since 1990, I love it, love the pump, feels like I'm caaaarmig all the time.
its good, workes like any othe routine, only risk with it is the frequency can suffer as it is time demanding, so sometimes some of my body parts are trained only once per week.
but after squeezing in 6 days per week, high vol, twice per week, after a month you feel it.
results - I posted some photos somewhere so you can judge for yourself, keep in mind that my diet is terrible.

I just wish it was laid out in an easier to read format compared to having to click different things from the pulldown menu.
Guy at basketball tried this, said it was fairly taxing

You should just be able to download the pdf which lays it all out a lot easier. And then there's the calendar which tells you which part to train on which day.

Grunta, this is a new one, only been out for 3-4 months. Not the original blueprint to mass or whatever it was. They include diet and supps but like all MP plans, they heavily push the MP supps, saying you need lots of every type they offer. Bit of overkill really

I ran his split from The Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding for 2 years. Its how I went from 70kg to 90kg. Training twice a day, 6 days a week is fun.

I ran his split from The Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding for 2 years. Its how I went from 70kg to 90kg. Training twice a day, 6 days a week is fun.

would you say it was the programs in the book or your, I assume "superior genetics".

I have had the book for many years too but never used the programs in it.

would you say it was the programs in the book or your, I assume "superior genetics".

I have had the book for many years too but never used the programs in it.

If you'd known me as a kid you would doubt any suggestion of superior genetics. I was always the oldest kid in my class because my parents started me a year later, and I was also always the smallest. Most kids the year beneath me were taller.

I worked as a PT back then and was at the gym from 5am til 9pm often because of the long drive home. So I would train 4-6hrs a day and eat 8 normal sized meals a day. The program was basic and high volume and I ate a lot of food and trained like a crazy fucker. All you really need.

I would like to try this routine but as someone else stated, not enough hours in the day. It's alright if I wasn't working but with work, kids and so on, not much time left for this.

Just had another look at it, it's not until the second phase (week 8 onwards) where the load really ramps up.
The first 4 weeks are like most programs, mostly 5 sets of varying rep ranges but the second half is the 10 sets of 4, 8 sets of 8 and still doing 7-8 exercises per workout.
I'm sure when I first looked at it, it was the other way around as I remember seeing the 8/10 sets and wondering how long each session would go for.
No doubt this will shock most people's bodies and force growth though

only Arnold book I ever got/ I stole it from swanston street shop when 17 or 18 and bolted down road.

Went to findlays that night, spoke to Richard Norton and watched a guy called Danny Abrahams do about 25 reps chins like it was nothing. I was inspired.

Then the aths guys told me bb was for poofs, so gave it up. One of the guys ended up competing in bb years later.

90 minutes on arms from the comments, lol. Then chest again 48 hours later? Sounds brutal, I'll check out the detailed program sometime.