• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Announcement

I have not tuned into this debate as yet because I have been honestly trying not to contribute/look at/or even take any notice of all the shit being sprayed over this forum in the last week or so.

I must declare my tolerance for this shit has now hit its peek, the jovial nature of this site is appealing to me, but it has now become a bit of a spectacle , its absolute rubbish some of the shit that has been spoken about lately, off topic or not.

My biggest grudge about this is that it brings down the entire forum. I don't think political correctness has a place in Ausbb, and I love this place because we are all free to express our own opinions, but some form of censorship may be required.

I can see the point that BigJim and others are making, however I can also see the other side.

We must look at this conundrum without disdain for the views we all have, but instead look at ways to maintain a system of integrity that can be looked upon with respect for all users.

One suggestion I have is to create a rating system for new threads, this could be freely implemented by the thread creator so that others know that it is a topic that will have explicit/offensive content. Keep it simple, use a similar system to TV or video, but just make it stand out in the thread title like those little happy faces or question marks that are sometimes put next to them etc.

Just an example;
X=explicit, this could have talk about anything, sex, racism, smutt, no holds bared so to speak (within reason of course, mods would establish rules for each symbol of censorship). This would enable mods to create better guide lines about what is acceptable to the thread content, if the thread creator puts this symbol in the thread title than viewers know that it may contain offensive content.

Than create a viewer content enabling system that allows those to choose what level of content they want access to in their user CP.

This is just a suggestion, I don't even know if it is implementable, but I think everyone's opinions are valid and therefore should be respected. This is at least a way this could be maintained since the conflict level has gradually raised lately.

Graeme

Great post bud.

Can see what Rambo is saying, like the sealed section of the magazine when you buy one ;)

Can see what Rambo is saying, like the sealed section of the magazine when you buy one ;)

Except that part is usually the good bit, we are talking about the bad bit lol.

Well in mine (and others) opinion anyway.

pics removed.

in other words.. don't feed the trolls and they don't stay around (in theory)

Last edited:
Don+t+feed+dem+trolls+_6e538688b06eb0c561a097ec601fde8a.jpg

meh.ro5722.jpg

(ok, i suck at memes :p )

Don't get disheartened, I enjoyed it champ

I do feel though, that if someone or something on a forum, on the internet is really bugging you then I really think that it is not that, that is causing the grief, but rather something else in your personal life?

Now, I'm just putting that out there, to think about.
Now THAT is spot on and can attest to the fact
(I agreed with you even though you called me dorkoz)

This free speech thing is quite tricky. Does it actually exist or is it simply a lovely though an in impractical contraption. Censorship always seems to seep its way into tricky situations. When nirvana released their album 'in utero' with the track 'rape me' on it. The record company, retailers and radio stations worked on censorship. Why? Here's free speech isn't there? Maybe free speech isn't free. Perhaps it's 'limited' speech.

Should we tolerate things? Sometimes. I won't tolerate slavery or religious dogma. I will though tolerate annoying jokes though.

My point was that, people WERE contributing to the off-topic stuff...not so much anymore because they'd find it hard to get a decent word in between all the filth...

filth? Okay im assuming your not just talking about one member here. please explain?

I have been slowly leaving the forum due to some of the crap, it just gets to you over tim e and it has been creeping up over the past month or two. So my new method is to keep up with some of the guys logs and pretty much ignore the rest of the forum. Rambo summed it up well.

I have been slowly leaving the forum due to some of the crap, it just gets to you over tim e and it has been creeping up over the past month or two. So my new method is to keep up with some of the guys logs and pretty much ignore the rest of the forum. Rambo summed it up well.

dave is one of the people that if they leave, the forum will suffer because of it.

Many others have already left.

dave is one of the people that if they leave, the forum will suffer because of it.

Many others have already left.

If ppl want to leave the forum it's up to them. Just like
when they joined the forum it was up to them.

I like this forum and it adds value to my life ..... most times.

A woman (or man) talking openly about his/her sexuality has nothing
to do with me.... If however it stated that you can't talk
about that type of topic due to underage viewer or some
other restrictions... well fair enough.

The only problem I see is 'off topic' threads. Which happens in
all threads to some degree.

But I see no issue.

As the Admin's have said there are sections within the forum
that you may visit or not, if it offends you report the thread,
don't read it.

Quite simple from where I type!

Devante.

who are the many others?

Fadi never comes on here.
Sticky never comes on here.
Christian never comes on here.
Oli never comes on here.
El Freako never comes on here.
180sxkid never comes on here.
I hardly ever see max brenner.
NPR (Nick) never comes on here.
Trent only comes on here to spam as he mentioned.

Then we had a whole heap of guys in the Strength section that used to spark great discussions.

And that's just off the top of head.

Fadi never comes on here.
Sticky never comes on here.
Christian never comes on here.
Oli never comes on here.
El Freako never comes on here.
180sxkid never comes on here.
I hardly ever see max brenner.
NPR (Nick) never comes on here.
Trent only comes on here to spam as he mentioned.

Then we had a whole heap of guys in the Strength section that used to spark great discussions.

And that's just off the top of head.

Fadi i remember him saying he was busy a month or so ago.
Sticky posts here, freako posts, maxbrenner i see him posting, hes running his own business atm so im sure hes busy. Some of those guys you mentioned are markos's buddies so of course they would have gone to pro raw.

Fadi i remember him saying he was busy a month or so ago.
Sticky posts here, freako posts, maxbrenner i see him posting, hes running his own business atm so im sure hes busy. Some of those guys you mentioned are markos's buddies so of course they would have gone to pro raw.

Fadi has hardly posted anything in like 6 months.
Sticky does but no where near like he used to.
Freako only posts about his gym or competitions coming up. As advertising really. Doesnt get involved in discussions or anything anymore.

Are you saying the forum as it is, is okay buddy?

Im not sure what you are getting at?

Fadi has hardly posted anything in like 6 months.
Sticky does but no where near like he used to.
Freako only posts about his gym or competitions coming up. As advertising really. Doesnt get involved in discussions or anything anymore.

Are you saying the forum as it is, is okay buddy?

Im not sure what you are getting at?

fadi posted a month or so ago.. look at his recent posts
You seem to be talking for the other members without even knowing their situation?

Yes the forum has been off-topic posts, i think it just exploded when a certain member joined not long ago