• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Announcement

Jim I think you are confused between spam and general posts that are off-topic.

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, social networking spam, television advertising and file sharing network spam. It is named for Spam, a luncheon meat, by way of a Monty Python sketch in which Spam is included in almost every dish.
Spamming remains economically viable because advertisers have no operating costs beyond the management of their mailing lists, and it is difficult to hold senders accountable for their mass mailings. Because the barrier to entry is so low, spammers are numerous, and the volume of unsolicited mail has become very high. In the year 2011, the estimated figure for spam messages is around seven trillion. The costs, such as lost productivity and fraud, are borne by the public and by Internet service providers, which have been forced to add extra capacity to cope with the deluge. Spamming has been the subject of legislation in many jurisdictions.[1]
A person who creates electronic spam is called a spammer.[2]

Oh, my apologies, I was confused yes.

What's the definition of "post whoring"? Maybe just stop that.

P.s. Ausbb is really good for spam, I hardly ever see any. Just sayin.

How do you stop "Postwhoring".

Put a cap on the number of posts member can post per day?

How do you stop "Postwhoring".

Put a cap on the number of posts member can post per day?

I dunno, maybe just monitor what certain members are contributing to the forum and let them know if they are being a whore or not. Send them on holidays if they still continue?

I don't know though, your the mod not me. I'm just chucking up suggestions on what's wrong/annoying with the forum which admin has always encouraged. It's yours and the other mods to gauge whether it needs attention and how to rectify the problem.

Surely you have enough evidence that there is a problem?

So is it the amount of posts bothering you or the content of the posts?

I don't see a problem, other than the usual run of the day stuff.

All what you say is subjective, and you are right some threads one way or another are silly, but again this is subjective.

I do feel though, that if someone or something on a forum, on the internet is really bugging you then I really think that it is not that, that is causing the grief, but rather something else in your personal life?

Now, I'm just putting that out there, to think about.

No, it definitely doesnt bug me, I just don't frequent those pages as often now, and I reckon others may be in the same boat...which is a shame

So is it the amount of posts bothering you or the content of the posts?

I don't see a problem, other than the usual run of the day stuff.

It's the fact that all of the posts are about the same thing which offers nothing at all to what the forum was made for.

I wouldn't be complaining if the bodybuilding, strength and nutrition sections were getting postwhored with useful information.

I don't understand how you don't see any problem when a lot of others can.

Surely it's better to have less posts that are actually about training then a high amount of posts about nothing. Surely you agree. This is a bodybuilding forum is it not?

It's content of posts.

Bella for example, 900+ posts.

How many have been asking for help in regards to her training/diet or helping others with there training diet.

Now how many have just been "trololol", "I squirt", "lololol", "here's my tits cause I take my bra off before I shower (but not my shirt)".

I know we need posts to keep the forum moving and please sponsors, but, IMO, quality over quantity.

Look back 18 months ago. In the strength forum we had the country's STRONGEST lifters posting awesome info...... How many top athletes are posting now in BB or pl?
My 2c.

It's content of posts.

Bella for example, 900+ posts.

How many have been asking for help in regards to her training/diet or helping others with there training diet.

Now how many have just been "trololol", "I squirt", "lololol", "here's my tits cause I take my bra off before I shower (but not my shirt)".

I know we need posts to keep the forum moving and please sponsors, but, IMO, quality over quantity.

Look back 18 months ago. In the strength forum we had the country's STRONGEST lifters posting awesome info...... How many top athletes are posting now in BB or pl?
My 2c.

I honestly do agree with you on some of those points...

But remember 18 months ago this forum was like a cult and might aswell of been called AusBBMarkos forum...or just purely become a strength forum...yes its sad to see such lifters go but really they followed their leader and didnt really branch off the markos golden path...so really was it a huge biggie that they arnt here???

We do need some "better" members to bring in some better advice...but really how do u do that?...honestly what bber would want to come here when there isnt much bbing talk going on? What higher level strength athletes would of wanted to come here when it was all Markos markos markos...get what I am saying....

I think the forum is in a really good spot atm...better than ever...its busy...theres a heap of members that keep talk moving...I do agree things need to really be cleaned up...but once that happens (which hopefully it will now coz of this thread) everything will be great...if we can get some more bbers/strength athletes in here that know their shit then we will be buzzin!

I honestly do agree with you on some of those points...

But remember 18 months ago this forum was like a cult and might aswell of been called AusBBMarkos forum...or just purely become a strength forum...yes its sad to see such lifters go but really they followed their leader and didnt really branch off the markos golden path...so really was it a huge biggie that they arnt here???

We do need some "better" members to bring in some better advice...but really how do u do that?...honestly what bber would want to come here when there isnt much bbing talk going on? What higher level strength athletes would of wanted to come here when it was all Markos markos markos...get what I am saying....

I think the forum is in a really good spot atm...better than ever...its busy...theres a heap of members that keep talk moving...I do agree things need to really be cleaned up...but once that happens (which hopefully it will now coz of this thread) everything will be great...if we can get some more bbers/strength athletes in here that know their shit then we will be buzzin!

Ah but then the question you need to ask is does a bb'er only want to talk about bb'ing all the time or do they also want to talk about life in general and other topics that spark their interest

I know a few professional football players that play for the AFL, while they do love their football they don't want to talk about football 24/7 , they have other interests

My point was that, people WERE contributing to the off-topic stuff...not so much anymore because they'd find it hard to get a decent word in between all the filth...

My point was that, people WERE contributing to the off-topic stuff...not so much anymore because they'd find it hard to get a decent word in between all the filth...

we are all adults around here , surely you have learnt how to deal with topics that you have no interest in , steer the conversation towards a topic you like

we are all adults around here , surely you have learnt how to deal with topics that you have no interest in , steer the conversation towards a topic you like

I think he is saying that these threads are being steered off course with the talk of squirting and anal sex

I think he is saying that these threads are being steered off course with the talk of squirting and anal sex

As i have said many times in the past
"If you don't like something that is posted , then report it , every post has a flag
report.gif
which is located under the posters name , to the left of the post that you want to report"

Ah but then the question you need to ask is does a bb'er only want to talk about bb'ing all the time or do they also want to talk about life in general and other topics that spark their interest

I know a few professional football players that play for the AFL, while they do love their football they don't want to talk about football 24/7 , they have other interests

The point is this is a bbing forum...they come here to talk about bbing...they dont join to talk about life in general....yes I agree that they will do this...just like I do...but what draws them in at 1st will be the content on the forum that interests them....not the general chit chat about life...

The point is this is a bbing forum...they come here to talk about bbing...they dont join to talk about life in general....yes I agree that they will do this...just like I do...but what draws them in at 1st will be the content on the forum that interests them....not the general chit chat about life...

Not a truer word has been spoken in this thread, well that I can remember anyway.

I have not tuned into this debate as yet because I have been honestly trying not to contribute/look at/or even take any notice of all the shit being sprayed over this forum in the last week or so.

I must declare my tolerance for this shit has now hit its peek, the jovial nature of this site is appealing to me, but it has now become a bit of a spectacle , its absolute rubbish some of the shit that has been spoken about lately, off topic or not.

My biggest grudge about this is that it brings down the entire forum. I don't think political correctness has a place in Ausbb, and I love this place because we are all free to express our own opinions, but some form of censorship may be required.

I can see the point that BigJim and others are making, however I can also see the other side.

We must look at this conundrum without disdain for the views we all have, but instead look at ways to maintain a system of integrity that can be looked upon with respect for all users.

One suggestion I have is to create a rating system for new threads, this could be freely implemented by the thread creator so that others know that it is a topic that will have explicit/offensive content. Keep it simple, use a similar system to TV or video, but just make it stand out in the thread title like those little happy faces or question marks that are sometimes put next to them etc.

Just an example;
X=explicit, this could have talk about anything, sex, racism, smutt, no holds bared so to speak (within reason of course, mods would establish rules for each symbol of censorship). This would enable mods to create better guide lines about what is acceptable to the thread content, if the thread creator puts this symbol in the thread title than viewers know that it may contain offensive content.

Than create a viewer content enabling system that allows those to choose what level of content they want access to in their user CP.

This is just a suggestion, I don't even know if it is implementable, but I think everyone's opinions are valid and therefore should be respected. This is at least a way this could be maintained since the conflict level has gradually raised lately.

Graeme

what appeals to one person doesn't appeal to another