• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yes we all know he takes steroids so whats the point of bringing it up, u have no idea what he takes, how much he takes blah blah blah so theres no point in posting anything about drugs.
To me, the point is longevity. He gets to burn brightly for a while then... burn out. What's he going to be like at 40? Will he think it was worth it? I hope so.

Guy I knew in the Army juiced, obviously didn't look like this guy but was a big guy, really solid and impressive. We didn't like each-other (he didn't like anyone) so didn't keep in touch, about 12 years later I bumped into him outside Melbourne Central one day - he was morbidly obese, had a whole swag of health problems. He was still an arsehole, but a much humbler arsehole.

Now, a lot of that would have to do the ordinary Old Footballer's Syndrome - they ate a heap to play football, then when they quit they kept eating the same, so they turned fat. But some of his issues were to do with years of juicing.

Any sport you risk injury for high performance, that's fair enough. But you should realise the risks and weigh them up, is it worth the knee reconstructions to shine at netball, is it worth the shoulder surgery to shine at Olympic lifting, whatever. So long as your choice is an informed choice, I have no issues with it.

I would suggest that a 14-16 year old cannot really make informed choices about performance enhancing drugs. And once you're into that stuff, it's hard to turn back.

How does the 35 year old netballer feel about her fucked knees, was it worth it? The 45 year old Olympic lifter? How will a 40 year old Alexey feel about his liver dysfunction and obesity, the thousands he has to spend on endocrinologists? Will he think it was worth it? I hope so.

I can prob say with a fair amount of confidence that you (Aiden) do not train as hard, diet as hard or live the life he does to get to the level that hes at.
more like 1/2 as hard. No hate to Aiden, just emphasising Alexey's effort in all areas.

To me, the point is longevity. He gets to burn brightly for a while then... burn out. What's he going to be like at 40? Will he think it was worth it? I hope so.

Guy I knew in the Army juiced, obviously didn't look like this guy but was a big guy, really solid and impressive. We didn't like each-other (he didn't like anyone) so didn't keep in touch, about 12 years later I bumped into him outside Melbourne Central one day - he was morbidly obese, had a whole swag of health problems. He was still an arsehole, but a much humbler arsehole.

Now, a lot of that would have to do the ordinary Old Footballer's Syndrome - they ate a heap to play football, then when they quit they kept eating the same, so they turned fat. But some of his issues were to do with years of juicing.

Any sport you risk injury for high performance, that's fair enough. But you should realise the risks and weigh them up, is it worth the knee reconstructions to shine at netball, is it worth the shoulder surgery to shine at Olympic lifting, whatever. So long as your choice is an informed choice, I have no issues with it.

I would suggest that a 14-16 year old cannot really make informed choices about performance enhancing drugs. And once you're into that stuff, it's hard to turn back.

How does the 35 year old netballer feel about her fucked knees, was it worth it? The 45 year old Olympic lifter? How will a 40 year old Alexey feel about his liver dysfunction and obesity, the thousands he has to spend on endocrinologists? Will he think it was worth it? I hope so.

Whats the point of this post? - Again I have posted a pic of a very impressive 22 yr old....not if he will have health problems or if he will regret what hes doing now when hes older...

Thats like saying well I wont train just incase I drop a barbell on me...

I can tell you right now there are millions of ppl in Aus right now smoking and drinking that will have alot more long term health risks than a dude eating healthy, training and taking some steroids.

Yes there are health risks...but there are health risks with everything...if you could buy steroids over the counter like you can smokes then ppl wouldnt be saying anything.

Heres a thought...what happens if Alexey smokes ..what would u rather see him give up...what has been proven to cause more deaths.

And at the end of the day if you want to be the best at something you do everything u can to be the best....no champion q's what their limits are.

I can tell you right now there are millions of ppl in Aus right now smoking and drinking that will have alot more long term health risks than a dude eating healthy, training and taking some steroids.
I agree.

But I think you will find I have not exactly praised smoking and drinking in the past. So I don't see how that's relevant. Just because smoking and drinking are bad for you does not mean that performance-enhancing drugs are not also bad for you.

PowerSports said:
Yes there are health risks...but there are health risks with everything...
This is where we find it's most useful to actually read a person's post before responding to it. I said, with bits bolded for clarity,
Kyle Aaron said:

It's okay to take risks, that's life. But you should be making an informed choice, so you can properly weigh risks vs benefits. And teenagers can't be fully-informed, they're still children in many ways. If you're too young to have sex with adults and drink alcohol, you're certainly too young to take performance-enhancing drugs.

In June my wife will be having our first child. Obviously I'll be happy if they decide to pursue some athletic thing in their teens. But will I be happy if they start taking performance-enhancing drugs around 14-16yo? No, they'll be too young to take that kind of decision. An adolescent should avoid doing things that have obvious and serious consequences for the rest of their lives - like pregnancy, STDs, criminal acts, drug-taking, etc.

Markos would have a better perspective on this. As I understand it, most of his children have taken up some kind of physical training at around 12-14. How would he feel if they wanted to take performance-enhancing drugs at that age? Max is obviously gifted, eats well and works very hard. Imagine the gains he could have with steroids.

How do you know when he started using? :S

And I would say that he would of had ppl around him to tell him how to use and what to use...thats prob why he looks like he does....its russia for fucks sakes lol

I just cant see how all this is relevant to the pics I posted....

Ppl just cant seem to let go of this whole steroid thing and its been going on for 50,60,70 yrs.....ZzzzZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

He has a amazing body, with a case a of gyno. which has had removed twice before.
i just stated my opinoin okayyyy. Im pretty new here and didnt really know these sorts of pages were bombarded with drug talk, so sorry to wreck ur thread.
Best of luck to that guy at the classic and if he can keep it up im sure hel b a pro, i dont think he'l do very well but yeh.
cheers

He has a amazing body, with a case a of gyno. which has had removed twice before.
i just stated my opinoin okayyyy. Im pretty new here and didnt really know these sorts of pages were bombarded with drug talk, so sorry to wreck ur thread.
Best of luck to that guy at the classic and if he can keep it up im sure hel b a pro, i dont think he'l do very well but yeh.
cheers

Could you please link me to where you found the info about him having gyno removed....have not heard this before.

Thanks.

does anyone really think hes using $30,000 of hgh alone when the prize money on offer is no where near that? please....

Why can't we all just marvel at the size of this bloke, rather than justifying why we don't look like him ourselves

i thought it was pretty much common knowledge that he had gyno? it was pretty clear in some of his younger pics. i don't know if he did anything to get rid of it per se, but it does seem to have reduced significantly

i thought it was pretty much common knowledge that he had gyno? it was pretty clear in some of his younger pics. i don't know if he did anything to get rid of it per se, but it does seem to have reduced significantly

Yea he def has gyno - just never heard anything about him having it removed twice.

How do you know when he started using? :S
We don't know, precisely. But it's obvious that it's been more than a year, and earlier photographs of him suggest that he started sometime in his mid-teens.

So he's made lifetime decisions in his mid-teens. Which is why I say: I hope he won't regret them.
benno said:
Why can't we all just marvel at the size of this bloke, rather than justifying why we don't look like him ourselves
I marvel at the marvellous. This is freaky, not marvellous. It's like "marvelling" at the woman who had plastic surgery and ended up looking like a cat.

Bodybuilding used to be about good health for a lifetime. This ain't that.
vegas said:
does anyone really think hes using $30,000 of hgh alone when the prize money on offer is no where near that? please....does anyone really think hes using $30,000 of hgh alone when the prize money on offer is no where near that? please....
Same as any top athlete, endorsements are much more than prize money. I mean, how much must the typical Aussie swimmer have spent on coaching, it's not just for the gold medal at the Olympics every four years.

Plus people like the prestige of winning competitions. Just think of how much people spend on extra food, supplements and training before they enter (for example) a PA lifting competition, thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours a year for what, a trophy?

Heaps of people look at his pictures and talk about him. Many people enjoy that attention.

I've been following this guy since around '06....I haven't heard about gyno being removed twice. But then again...I can't know everything all the time....unlike the mrs....

We don't know, precisely. But it's obvious that it's been more than a year, and earlier photographs of him suggest that he started sometime in his mid-teens.

So he's made lifetime decisions in his mid-teens. Which is why I say: I hope he won't regret them.

I marvel at the marvellous. This is freaky, not marvellous. It's like "marvelling" at the woman who had plastic surgery and ended up looking like a cat.

Same as any top athlete, endorsements are much more than prize money. I mean, how much must the typical Aussie swimmer have spent on coaching, it's not just for the gold medal at the Olympics every four years.

Plus people like the prestige of winning competitions. Just think of how much people spend on extra food, supplements and training before they enter (for example) a PA lifting competition, thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours a year for what, a trophy?

Heaps of people look at his pictures and talk about him. Many people enjoy that attention.

When was top level bodybuilding ever about health? at least these days most bodybuilders know what they are taking....

40's,50's, 60's, 70's, 80's - bodybuilders were taking everything and anything they could get there hands on with not much knowledge of what it was or what it did.

I agree for sure that hes made a life choice and will now prob have to stay on test for the rest of his life...same with pretty much every single pro or bodybuilder on the planet...thats the way it goes.

Anyway back to the topic...from the pics ive seen from today he has a great chance to get a pro card...looks very good for him!

I doubt that there would be many, if any who would want to look like that cat woman. On the other hand there would be blokes all over the world who wish they had what this young guy does. So go on and talk him down, and call it what you like, still looks like tall poppy syndrome to me.