• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AAS/PED Misconceptions

Again the domain of idiots who can't argue the safety of steroids on their own merits have to compare it to alcohol or other drugs all the time.

Jumping of a cliff kills more people than steroids therefore steroids are safe.

And anyone who believes steroids hospitalizes zero people a year is a fucking moron. Even just hospitalization by roid users from infections from injecting. Obviously something is wrong with the reporting

Keep convincing yourself buddy.

What do you compare it too then?

There always needs to be a comparison to something to come up with a conclusion of something - yes of course more people will have issues with alcohol, smoking etc because greater numbers of people do it - of course increasing the chance of issues happening - but if you took a "general" steroid user, who trains hard, keeps diet in check and then an average Joe who smokes 10-20 cigs everyday, doesn't have a great diet, does not do any exercise/limited activity and drinks at least 2-3 nights a week - I think you would find the average Joe would have more health issues and on-going health issues.....this is totally subject to if they had the total same health profile to begin with - lets not create other factors to come up with the difference.

Of course if someone is abusing drugs then yes there will be issues - this doesn't matter if its crack, dbol, alcohol, smokes etc

Your somewhat contradicting yourself by saying people who say Steroids are safe are idiots - but then on the other hand you go on about how drinking and smoking is ok - simply because its legal I am guessing...What happens if drinking and smoking was illegal and in the same basket as steroids?

There always needs to be a comparison to something to come up with a conclusion of something - yes of course more people will have issues with alcohol, smoking etc because greater numbers of people do it - of course increasing the chance of issues happening - but if you took a "general" steroid user, who trains hard, keeps diet in check and then an average Joe who smokes 10-20 cigs everyday, doesn't have a great diet, does not do any exercise/limited activity and drinks at least 2-3 nights a week - I think you would find the average Joe would have more health issues and on-going health issues.....this is totally subject to if they had the total same health profile to begin with - lets not create other factors to come up with the difference.

Of course if someone is abusing drugs then yes there will be issues - this doesn't matter if its crack, dbol, alcohol, smokes etc

Your somewhat contradicting yourself by saying people who say Steroids are safe are idiots - but then on the other hand you go on about how drinking and smoking is ok - simply because its legal I am guessing...What happens if drinking and smoking was illegal and in the same basket as steroids?

You look at it on its own merits. Otherwise you can always find something worse to try and justify what you are doing as safe.

Do you even read my posts. I am not contradicting myself. Please quote my posts where I said alcohol or smoking is safe. Maybe learn to read.

You look at it on its own merits. Otherwise you can always find something worse to try and justify what you are doing as safe.

Do you even read my posts. I am not contradicting myself. Please quote my posts where I said alcohol or smoking is safe. Maybe learn to read.
I didn't only include alcohol or cigarettes. I included all drug related admissions in the data, highlighting those that aren't illegal. Non-opioid analgesics (panadol, nurofen etc) are 1800 times more likely to result in a visit to hospitals than using steroids according to the data.

I also included an observation on the merits of steroids alone - written by the governments own department of health:

Harms: there is little recorded evidence that steroids are a significant public health concern in Australia.

* snip *

Overall reported levels of side effects and harms are considered low, especially given the high doses of steroids typically consumed.2

In regards to abscess or other injection related events this is a result of injection techniques or a consequence of having to buy tainted product from the black market not steroid use in itself.

Sitting on your couch eating pretzels, working in a high stress job or drinking, smoking causes high blood pressure too. None of those activities are illegal.

Steroids don't come with no sides, but they come with less sides than a lot of other activities.

Statistics:

Hospitalizations by Drugs

Zero, Nil, 0, No steroid related hospitalizations. Zero, Nil, 0, No steroid related deaths. In fact you won't find any deaths or injuries that can be attributed to steroids.

Enough said, looking at table if reversible high blood pressure, reversible raisin nuts and balding is all we have to worry about then I'd say steroids are probably the safest drugs in Australia. Paracetomol hospitalized 1,800 people in one year, steroids hospitalized 0 people ffs.

Edit: Finally read this and lets put an end to the bullshit about AAS courtesy of http://www.health.gov.au.

https://www.health.gov.au/internet/...vention-cnt.htm/$FILE/mono_prevention_ch4.pdf
Ffs were not talking about alcohol or cigarettes lol completely irrelevant when discussing the dangers of aas.

Well you don't compare it to anything when discussing the dangers of aas.

I generally use 1-2g of gear a blast so I'm not anti steroids AT ALL but I'm not blind to potential dangers.

Well you don't compare it to anything when discussing the dangers of aas.

I generally use 1-2g of gear a blast so I'm not anti steroids AT ALL but I'm not blind to potential dangers.
All that gear. . You must be a huge Kunce?

Ffs were not talking about alcohol or cigarettes lol completely irrelevant when discussing the dangers of aas.
I didn't only compare it to alcohol or cigarettes, that data was released by the Australia Health Service and shows all hospital admissions related to drug use in Australia in one year. There are no steroid admissions.

I then linked another government statement which said the risk of using anabolic androgenic steroids is considered low even when taking into account the relatively high dosages used by steroid users.

It makes absolute logical sense to compare steroids (a drug) to other drugs. Looking at that data if we compare hospitalizations due to drugs, there were 0 steroid related and 1800 Parecetemol related hospitalizations. Its then logical to conclude that Panadol is significantly more dangerous to use than steroids.

I'll give you a chance though, ff you don't compare it to data on other drugs what exactly do you compare it to?

You compare it nothing as the discussion isn't aas is more dangerous and/or is a result of more hospital admissions than xy.

And I never said the risks are high, but they are there nonetheless. Which you refuse to admit. So God speed.

go kn , plenty of people wind up in hospital on there. i have been put in hospital by them as well. and paracetmol is used for suicide/over dose. so how can u compare it? you talk so much shit its comical

Last edited by a moderator:
whats your explanation for all the 40 something pro's dropping dead recently? surely not the 10g of gear per weak for the last 10 years? never..

no doubt you have a study that shows they are not actually dead..

whats your explanation for all the 40 something pro's dropping dead recently? surely not the 10g of gear per weak for the last 10 years? never..

no doubt you have a study that shows they are not actually dead..

I get what your saying but more-often than not these guys are abusing steroids, plus stimulates/fat burners, eating huge amounts of food etc etc - never going to be a healthy mix...

Yes bodybuilders are dieing but so are 100's of 1000's of people a week from different things - its hard to say that steroids are the cause or not - or is it simply because they are in the "public eye" their deaths are noticed and because they were taking steroids that is used as a reason for their death - could they of died at the same time/because of the same thing if they were not taking steroids? there are plenty of 40 somethings that die every week around the world from strokes, heart attacks, health issues etc.....

What do you think would course more health issues -

- Steroid abuser

- alcohol and cigarettes abuser

- Rec drug abuser

Its a discussion that will always go round and round because really there is no answer - there is no reported deaths of steroid use but also not reported deaths that steroids didn't kill the person - nor is there any long term studies to suggest they prolong life or shorten it....

You could look at people like Arnold, Stallone etc and say well steroids are potentially prolonging someones life, giving them a better quality of life....

I think it all comes down to the abuse of something not what something is as such - if you ate maccas everyday, for every meal then your prob going to have health issues because of it - but if you have it once or twice a week it wont make a difference, if your going to drink a bottle of scotch everynight or a glass a week there is going to be a difference.

There is no true answer to the question - Are Steroids bad for you - but if you abuse something then more than likely you will have issues be it a cheese burger or a vial of test.

Its a discussion that will always go round and round because really there is no answer

Exactly - and please let me know when some sort of logical consensus is reached on any social issue in an internet forum.

My 2c -

Due to the absence of a body of quality scientific knowledge about the effects of sustained high dose steroid abuse, largely due to ethical concerns, the events that are taking place now (re. pro BBers health) and will take place over the next 20-30 years will likely play an integral role in increasing our knowledge of their long term effects.

The negatives of use/abuse of AAS have until now in this thread been mainly characterised in terms of health risks to the user. If we look at other aspects or costs of substance use/abuse, whether it be AAS, alcohol or recreational drugs, such as the cost to society in terms of burden on the public health system, breakdown of social fabrics (family, relationships), violence etc. one may reach a conclusion about AAS that is in stark contrast to other substances.

Then again, maybe not....