• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AAS/PED Misconceptions

Unless blokes in white lab coats with clip boards study you masturbating, you haven't actually masturbated.

I want those blokes [MENTION=7064]boonie[/MENTION]; .. damned if i'll have the world saying I didn't have a wank when I did!

Don't worry bruz, their hourly rate may be high but in your case they're not required for a long time frame ;)

Higher testosterone has been linked with decreased empathy.

Basically a decreased tolerance for peoples shit.

I found that
Until I got emotionally involved with a woman, then it flipped around completely lol

- Steroids will kill you
- You will get MASSIVE from taking steroids
- You will get Super human strength
- Roid Rage
- Also I find it funny when people are surprised and its "big news" when a sports person is found using steroids - I would say there would be more professional sports people that have used something than not during the course of their sporting life...

Its funny UFC allowed TRT exemptions up until recently. Since they banned them the guys on TRT have pretty much all crumpled. They have looked and have fought like shit compared to previous. It's not a surprise they use them.

Wonder how they tested whether the guys were remaining within trt protocol (whatever that may have been)... i.e. not blasting the chit out of themselves with any compounds they could get their hands on :p

Lol, my trt dose brah :

1g tren
1g test
1g deca
1g mast

dbol for breakfast :D

Its funny UFC allowed TRT exemptions up until recently. Since they banned them the guys on TRT have pretty much all crumpled. They have looked and have fought like shit compared to previous. It's not a surprise they use them.

Lets be honest here were they on TRT for Hormonal issues - who have that paid a doctor to write them a script so they can use test lol

Andreas munzer is a prime example.

I understand what you are saying here but Munzer was a total drug abuser not a taker - there is a difference. The cutting drugs/stimulates he was taking would of caused why more issues that the standalone Anabolic Steroids he was taking - but of course the mix of all combined will never end in a good time for a drug abuser.

- Also I find it funny when people are surprised and its "big news" when a sports person is found using steroids - I would say there would be more professional sports people that have used something than not during the course of their sporting life...

This is what the main point of the article is.

Thanks for the input everyone.

You honestly can't believe that aas don't have negative side effects???? I don't see how high bp is a positive thing, one of the most common sides.
Sitting on your couch eating pretzels, working in a high stress job or drinking, smoking causes high blood pressure too. None of those activities are illegal.

Steroids don't come with no sides, but they come with less sides than a lot of other activities.

Statistics:

Alcohol contributes to the three major causes of teen death: injury, homicide and suicide[SUP]4[/SUP]. 17% of 15–18 year olds say they had sex when drunk which they later regretted[SUP]5[/SUP].
The harms from alcohol also cost Australians $15.3 billion a year (alcohol taxes only generate $7 billion)[SUP]3[/SUP].
In Australia, tobacco use is responsible for approximately 15,000 deaths each year. In 2004–2005 approximately three-quarters of a million hospital bed-days were a result of tobacco use.

Hospitalizations by Drugs

1.1.1 Hospital treatment (morbidity)

In 2009–10, there were 104,614 hospital separations reported with a drug-related principal diagnosis; this represented 1% of all hospital separations for that period (Table 10.10). Drug-related hospital separations refer to hospital care with selected principal diagnoses of drug use disorder or harm (accidental, intended or self-inflicted) due to selected drugs. Some of the drugs identified in the principal diagnosis as shown in Table 10.10 are available by prescription or can be legally purchased, including alcohol and tobacco. Therefore, a proportion of the separations reported here may result from harm arising from the therapeutic use of drugs. The inclusion of therapeutic use may mean the burden of drugs and alcohol on the hospital system appears larger than might be expected.
Table 10.10: Hospital separations by drug-related principal diagnosis and duration[SUP](a)(b)[/SUP], 2009–10 (number and per cent)
Same-day separationsOvernight separationsTotal separations
No.Per centNo.Per centNo.Per cent
Analgesics
Opioids (includes heroin, opium and methadone)2,6626.24,8637.97,5257.2
Non-opioid analgesics (includes paracetamol)1,8394.34,8427.86,6816.4
Total analgesics4,50110.59,70515.714,20613.6
Sedatives and hypnotics
Alcohol28,60667.032,51952.561,12558.4
Other sedatives and hypnotics (includes barbiturates and benzodiazepines; excludes alcohol)3,3647.97,03811.410,4029.9
Total sedatives and hypnotics31,97074.839,55763.971,52768.4
Stimulants and hallucinogens
Cannabinoids (includes cannabis)1,0712.52,2933.73,3643.2
Hallucinogens (includes LSD and ecstasy)860.2830.11690.2
Cocaine1310.31590.32900.3
Tobacco and nicotine270.1230.0500.0
Other stimulants (includes amphetamines, volatile nitrates and caffeine)11102.620723.331823.0
Total stimulants and hallucinogens2,4255.74,6307.57,0556.7
Antidepressants and antipsychotics1,9824.65,5589.07,5407.2
Volatile solvents3260.84540.77800.7
Other drugs of concern and conditions
Multiple drug use1,4793.51,8543.03,3333.2
Unspecified drug use and other drugs not elsewhere classified360.11070.21430.1
Fetal and perinatal related conditions30<0.130<0.1
Total other drugs of concern and conditions3,8238.98,00312.911,82611.3
Total42,71910061,895100104,614100

Zero, Nil, 0, No steroid related hospitalizations. Zero, Nil, 0, No steroid related deaths. In fact you won't find any deaths or injuries that can be attributed to steroids.

Enough said, looking at table if reversible high blood pressure, reversible raisin nuts and balding is all we have to worry about then I'd say steroids are probably the safest drugs in Australia. Paracetomol hospitalized 1,800 people in one year, steroids hospitalized 0 people ffs.

Edit: Finally read this and lets put an end to the bullshit about AAS courtesy of http://www.health.gov.au.

Harms: there is little recorded evidence that steroids are a significant public health concern in Australia.

* snip *

Overall reported levels of side effects and harms are considered low, especially given the high doses of steroids typically consumed.2
https://www.health.gov.au/internet/...vention-cnt.htm/$FILE/mono_prevention_ch4.pdf

Last edited:
Sitting on your couch eating pretzels, working in a high stress job or drinking, smoking causes high blood pressure too. None of those activities are illegal.

Steroids don't come with no sides, but they come with less sides than a lot of other activities.

Statistics:

Hospitalizations by Drugs

Zero, Nil, 0, No steroid related hospitalizations. Zero, Nil, 0, No steroid related deaths. In fact you won't find any deaths or injuries that can be attributed to steroids.

Enough said, looking at table if reversible high blood pressure, reversible raisin nuts and balding is all we have to worry about then I'd say steroids are probably the safest drugs in Australia. Paracetomol hospitalized 1,800 people in one year, steroids hospitalized 0 people ffs.

Edit: Finally read this and lets put an end to the bullshit about AAS courtesy of http://www.health.gov.au.

https://www.health.gov.au/internet/...vention-cnt.htm/$FILE/mono_prevention_ch4.pdf

Again the domain of idiots who can't argue the safety of steroids on their own merits have to compare it to alcohol or other drugs all the time.

Jumping of a cliff kills more people than steroids therefore steroids are safe.

And anyone who believes steroids hospitalizes zero people a year is a fucking moron. Even just hospitalization by roid users from infections from injecting. Obviously something is wrong with the reporting

Keep convincing yourself buddy.