• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3-day LEGS/PULL/PUSH looking for routine approval Greetings from Poland!

fqqs

Monday: Legs

Front squat 3x4-6
Romanian deadlifts 3x4-6
DB lunges 3x6-8
W. hanging LR 3x8-12
W. crunches 3x8-12

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: Back/biceps

Deadlifts 3x4-6
Rows 3x4-6
W. pullups 3x4-6
BB curls 3x4-6
Hammer curls 2x4-6

Friday: rest

Saturday: Chest/shoulders/triceps

Bench press 3x4-6
Seated overhead press 3x4-6
Dips 3x4-6
Close-grip bench 3x4-6
Lateral raises 2x6-8

Sunday: rest

2-3 min rest between sets (1 min for laterals,abs, hammer iso), pretty much max-ot style

what do you think about this routine? good bulker as long as im on a good diet?

tbh i prefer upper/lower routines a lot more, but at least your not just doing chest/bicep split lol

Looks pretty decent, have you constructed this?

Only thing is you do 5 sets for biceps but 3 sets for triceps? Triceps are the bigger muscle.

Is this your first time lifting btw?

Routine looks ok, although why no back squat.

It mainly depends on how advanced you are.

What do you lift. Sq, b, dead
What do you weigh.

Routine looks ok, although why no back squat.
Probably because he already has a well developed gluteus maximus and would like an exercise that places more emphasis on the quadriceps instead. If that is the case, then his choice of selecting front squats over back squats is well founded.

Fadi.

sorry that I hadnt included these before:

stats:

2 year training experience.
current weight: 75kg (173cm height)
bench 3x90kg, front squat 3x96kg, deadlift 3x150kg, military press 5x50kg
priority: hypertrophy&strength
100% NATURAL. no supps. only whole foods.

as for triceps I think it is pretty much worked during overhead press, bench, dips. but I

and sorry for my bad English(2nd language)

Front squat 3x 4-6
Romanian deadlifts 3x 4-6
DB bulgarian split squats 3x 6-8
Leg curls 2x 6-8

W. hanging leg raise 3x 8-10
W. crunches 3x 12-15

Deadlifts 3x 4-6
Rows 3x 4-6
W. pullups 3x 4-6
BB curls 3x 4-6
removed hammer iso

Bench press 3x 4-6
Seated bb overhead press 3x 4-6
Dips 3x 4-6
Close-grip bench 3x 4-6
Lateral raises 2x 6-8

As for front squats i like them more than back squats and moreover I dont have spootter available on Monday (home gym), so front squats are better overall for me

some changes in italics. what do you think?

can I gain off this routine (kinda low volume) provided my diet is complete? 3 days per week for a natural is more than enough some people say.
and there are 2 days off after legs workout so legs soreness should go away when it comes to deadlift on thursday.

Last edited:

Front squat 3x 4-6
I've noticed that you have made your post in the bodybuilding section as opposed to the strength section yet...

...yet I see repetitions that would be more at home in a strength orientated program since they are closer to being neural dominant instead of hypertrophy dominant.

Having said the above, there is no harm in visiting the low rep range for variety's sake (and for preventing an adaptation). However please keep in mind that visiting is not like setting up camp there. Also, as a bodybuilder, you'd need to consider the stress you place on your joints...unnecessarily so. Few points to ponder over when you have a minute or two.

All the best.

Fadi.

Arnold started on 5x5 and it served him well.

As has been covered before, there are 2 types of hypertrophy, one of which occurs in lower rep ranges the other higher rep ranges

so you recommend higher rep ranges? for now I think my strength is low so my joints are safe. I still need to build solid foundation and then switch to higher reps. but im only an intermediate so I;d be happy for any advice

so maybe:

Front squat 3x 6
Romanian deadlifts 3x 6
DB bulgarian split squats 3x 8
Leg curls 2x 8
W. hanging leg raise 3x 12
W. crunches 3x 12

Deadlifts 3x 6
Rows 3x 6
W. pullups 3x 6
BB curls 3x 6

Bench press 3x 6
Seated bb overhead press 3x 6
Dips 3x 6
Close-grip bench 3x 6
Lateral raises 2x 8

trying to stay at 6 reps for at least 2 first sets

any exercise to add on pull day? i wonder about sth like upright row but dont know

There is no reason you have to use the same rep range for every exercise.

The intermediate BBer split in practical programming has 3x5, 1x8 on squats for example

Arnold started on 5x5 and it served him well.

As has been covered before, there are 2 types of hypertrophy, one of which occurs in lower rep ranges the other higher rep ranges
No one has said any different. I did 4 years of mainly 2s and 3s, but I was not a bodybuilder back then. Rep ranges serve a purpose as can be seen by the way Olympic weightlifters train; powerlifters train, and bodybuilders train. You don't become a world class weightlifter performing repetitions best suited for muscle hypertrophy, neither a top notch bodybuilder if you become a slave to the numbers' game.

In my post (you may have noticed), I did not object to the application of low repetitions, by first qualifying my statement, and further clarifying exactly what I meant. Thank you.

Fadi.

so I think rep ranges is debatable but what about workouts order:

monday: legs
tuesday: rest
wed: rest
thur: pull
fri: rest
sat: push
sun: rest

repeat

is that ok? 3 day a week

no, i dont. but i also have no idea how to split things up, given I can workout only on monday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday

Monday - heavy upper
Thursday - heavy lower
Friday - light upper
Sunday - light lower

Easy way to do a 4-day upper/lower split.

Probably because he already has a well developed gluteus maximus and would like an exercise that places more emphasis on the quadriceps instead. If that is the case, then his choice of selecting front squats over back squats is well founded.

Fadi.

That's a pretty good effort to determine that from his initial post.

That's a pretty good effort to determine that from his initial post.
Sorry about that Bazza. Granted I was surmising rather than determining what the actual reason may have been for performing back squats over fronts, which is not the usual way for me to answer a question.

Fadi.

Monday - heavy upper
Thursday - heavy lower
Friday - light upper
Sunday - light lower

Easy way to do a 4-day upper/lower split.

this...

although i dont think it would hurt to do all heavy sessions provided your volume stays relatively low..

you dont have to do upper/lower splits either it can be front/back aswell

for e.g.

back:
pullups
rows
deads
hamz
biceps

front:
bench
overhead press
dips
squats
calves

but i think your 3 way split is fine at least for the short term

The problem with push/pull is the massive overlap on delts, glutes and hams.

eg you deadlift and do leg curls or some shit then have to squat the next day?

The problem with push/pull is the massive overlap on delts, glutes and hams.

eg you deadlift and do leg curls or some shit then have to squat the next day?

ye that could be an issue i guess...i dont necessarily go back to back i often leave a day in between and my volume is quite low anyways so it shouldnt matter..

probably going to sound stupid but i just hate how there are a few more exercises for upper compared to lower...going push/pull seems like even sessions..although typing this just made me realise thats a stupid reason haha...you are right upper/lower makes more sense really..

but i think the main point is that however you train make it intense and brief...if you do that i think you can also generally hit everything twice per week also...obviously there are a lot of factors that come into play however so the OP should decide what his own body can take

but i think the main point is that however you train make it intense and brief...if you do that i think you can also generally hit everything twice per week also...obviously there are a lot of factors that come into play however so the OP should decide what his own body can take

Well that is the theory that many people have but you can train a lot harder than what people think and your body will adapt.

At the moment I am doing full body 6 days a week and doing long sessions. I'm not saying anyone needs to or should train like this but I have never hit so many pbs in my training apart from the total beginner stage.