• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
77 now
Short stuff, remember ;)

I'm already in the gym for over an hour with the volume I do but like you say, hitting it once a week instead of twice is going to make the strength decline
Ahh yes. Little fella haha. Cals probably on point in that case. And here i am slowly cutting at 3100....

as tim suggests, you can maintain strength (at least) on moderate calories reduction.

What I have been doing with press comp, is lose a kilo after press max, and then eat up again. Hence, I gain strength and stay at a similar weight.

I would like to be a lean 90kg lifter, but, given I am still nowhere near 10%, don't want to deviate too much from that weight ever again.

You can still maintain strength as long as you're eating clean on a cut. If you're in say a 500 calorie deficit and still eat whatever based on IIFYM, your body is probably getting less overall quality protein and nutrients. If you just cut out the snacks and crap, and still have your main clean meals, I don't see your progress going backwards.

You can still maintain strength as long as you're eating clean on a cut. If you're in say a 500 calorie deficit and still eat whatever based on IIFYM, your body is probably getting less overall quality protein and nutrients. If you just cut out the snacks and crap, and still have your main clean meals, I don't see your progress going backwards.
90/10 principle is always a good sustainable approach. Though i think some guys should first aim for 80/20 and move up from there. Too much restriction can cause consistency issues and prevent progress.

Imo.

Is not that bad Fister, about the same as me.
Not sure I tested it over 80kg bw but 70 seems all I can do atm :(

Ask 10 people what eating clean is and you'll get 10 different answers. Such an arbitrary thing as trying to eating "clean" isn't required or the target to maintain strength on a cut. Also unless you are elite strength currently your aim should be gain strength on a cut.

Before someone says I'm saying to eat "dirty" I'm not, just having some make believe target as eating clean hoping its going to help get to your goals isn't going to help.

Losing weight too quick is a sure fire way to lose strength no matter how "clean" you think you are eating.

If you're deciding to go on a cut, the goal is to lose body fat and everyone has a good idea where they can clean up their diet.

Most people will find that their strength will remain the same or increase due to eating cleaner, even on less calories.

If you're deciding to go on a cut, the goal is to lose body fat and everyone has a good idea where they can clean up their diet.

Most people will find that their strength will remain the same or increase due to eating cleaner, even on less calories.

Eating "cleaner" won't help you gain strength because it's a nothing term with no definite meaning.

One persons clean food is different to anothers definition of clean food.

It's no different to saying I eat good. It's just the fancy buzz word for people that have no clue on nutrition to sound smart. It doesn't take into account individual requirements, what else has already been in the diet, macros ect.

People saying they eat clean usually just means they omit whole food groups for no proper reason apart from they are following the latest fad diet that their favorite celebrity is supposedly doing.

Well I assume we're talking about people who train and are going on a cut to drop body fat levels for a purpose. Discussing any other hypothetical would be pretty pointless.

I think some people mean "Oi I am now tracking macros with mefitnesspal" when they announce that they are eating "clean", instead of whenever they want whatever they want.

latest odds for press comp

Taurus $1.90
vonfam $2.90
bazza $4.50
Gerry $6
grunta $6.50
Spartacus $8
dicko, timeah, canned tuna, jungnaut and white lie $9-12

my own aim will be 90kg at 90kg bodyweight. I reckon that is a good feat for my age, and may get very excited if achieved. Will be hard, but not impossible.