• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2012 London Olympics

The rampant drug cheating destroyed the credibility of the olympics in my eyes many moons ago. As a child I thought the Olympics was the bees knees. As an adult I'm fairly meh about the whole thing.

I also get annoyed about the lack of diverse coverage of the sports. I'd like to see more boxing, judo, weightlifting...and some others I can't think of now. But we always seem to get shitloads of swimming, which I do enjoy, but how about the other sports I mentioned? FFS, we get more dressage than these sports.

I agree, I think it was the last Comm games that a TV station cut away from the Men's 100m final coz there was an Aussie in a swimming heat... really come on..

I agree, I think it was the last Comm games that a TV station cut away from the Men's 100m final coz there was an Aussie in a swimming heat... really come on..

Don't get me started on Aussie sports blindness... I spent hours trying to find a pub with a Bledisloe cup test on here in Melbourne, they were all playing some mediocre AFL game. (worst. sport. in. the. world.)

If it's not swimming, Tennis or AFL... Melbourne at least doesn't know it exists...

Don't get me started on Aussie sports blindness... I spent hours trying to find a pub with a Bledisloe cup test on here in Melbourne, they were all playing some mediocre AFL game. (worst. sport. in. the. world.)

If it's not swimming, Tennis or AFL... Melbourne at least doesn't know it exists...

Oh I feel you there...

before we got foxtel... no Union (Yes i'm a kiwi) what so ever... it used to drive me mental, I hate it that CH9 have FTA rights for Union now... will never see Super Rugby games or highlights as they have too much invested in league!

Oh I feel you there...

before we got foxtel... no Union (Yes i'm a kiwi) what so ever... it used to drive me mental, I hate it that CH9 have FTA rights for Union now... will never see Super Rugby games or highlights as they have too much invested in league!

The reason is because no one in Melbourne watches it. Why would they play it.

it is a pity that channel nine is not allowed to multi-channel Olympics.

For those with Foxtel, they will have much better viewing choice.

it is a pity that channel nine is not allowed to multi-channel Olympics.

For those with Foxtel, they will have much better viewing choice.

Yep 8 channels on foxtel. Lookin forward to it and I don't have to watch swimming all the time.

Thats because the media machine drives AFL down everyones throats and convinces them they should be happy little aussie rules consumers. (everyone else watches it, you should too).

(Lines about bread and circuses occur here)

(also a kiwi)

Back to the swimming, this is due to the proud Aussie tradition of only being interested in sports where Australians win (Distinctly recall a TV channel cutting the feed to a trans Tasman netball match when it became apparent Australia were not going to win)

sorry was talking Brisbane in that regard don't know what it is like austrlalia wide

Thats because the media machine drives AFL down everyones throats and convinces them they should be happy little aussie rules consumers. (everyone else watches it, you should too).

(also a kiwi)

Back to the swimming, this is due to the proud Aussie tradition of only being interested in sports where Australians win (Distinctly recall a TV channel cutting the feed to a trans Tasman netball match when it became apparent Australia were not going to win)

Lol I remember that..

I don't get the fascination with swimming..

(also a kiwi)

Fucking Lol. Its because it's what people want to watch. Hell I play footy but I don't even watch it any more. I wouldn't go over to NZ or wherever and sook that rugby is on TV all the time and it's being forced apon the kiwis and other sports should be on.

There is no bloody conspiracy here. AFL is on tv because people watch it. If enough people watched other sports they would be on TV.

Maybe go back to NZ, minimal AFL on TV there.

Fucking Lol. Its because it's what people want to watch. Hell I play footy but I don't even watch it any more. I wouldn't go over to NZ or wherever and sook that rugby is on TV all the time and it's being forced apon the kiwis and other sports should be on.

But people also want to watch union? Especially the internationals where pretty much every game is a sellout or finals of super rugby etc should at least be able to be easily seen. But its not..

But people also want to watch union? Especially the internationals where pretty much every game is a sellout or finals of super rugby etc should at least be able to be easily seen. But its not..

Hell yeah would love to watch union, even thought i am an AFL fan although that is changing slowly with all the rule changes and tribunal rubbing people out for weeks for what seems like nothing and the umpires over umpiring and wanting their 2 mins of fame.....

The only union games they tend to show are the Wallabies games and even them sometimes they are shown at midnight of after....

Sure some people want to watch it but the numbers are not obviously there over other sports or they would show it. Simple as that.

Sure some people want to watch it but the numbers are not obviously there over other sports or they would show it. Simple as that.

That's partly because viewers have been treated like crap for so long they have pay tv... Union holds the top couple of records for most watched events in fox sports... I know what you are saying but its not as simple as there are not that many people want to watch it..

There is no bloody conspiracy here. AFL is on tv because people watch it. If enough people watched other sports they would be on TV.

Maybe go back to NZ, minimal AFL on TV there.

Its more akin to the Palmerston North local Table tennis championship being the only thing on TV, but i digress :) ..

Looking forward to the sprinting, cycling & kayaking myself

I'm not sure it is, to an outsider, it's clear there is a major marketing machine around AFL with a lot of money invested and being made...

I'm not sure it is, to an outsider, it's clear there is a major marketing machine around AFL with a lot of money invested and being made...

Seriously what are you trying to say. People don't want to watch AFL but are being brainwashed to watch it. Lol.

There is marketing with every major sport not just AFL.

Seriously what are you trying to say. People don't want to watch AFL but are being brainwashed to watch it. Lol.

There is marketing with every major sport not just AFL.

There just can't be another explanation for such an inane sport :) lol.

Sports marketing is pretty bad in all sports though, I'll watch the olympics, but i'd generally much rather be out doing exercise or playing sport than watching any sport on TV.

Does anyone really care if one set of highly paid professional players hired by a team nominally named after one melbourne suburb beats another set of highly paid professional players hired by another team nominally named after another melbourne suburb?

At least the olympics has some semblence of geographic relevance for supporting athletes.