• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2012 London Olympics

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
It's 64 days until the Olympics do you know anyone that is taking part?. Old school friend? Old pub crawling buddies? , old sporting friends? If you do, let us know who and what sport they’re competing in.

The olympics should be on every 6 months. I love it, once the swimming is finished. I could watch track & field all day.

I am absolutely bursting with excitement about the dressage.

I am waiting.

Anticipating.

Just can't wait for those twinkle toe horsey footsteps. Couple steps forward, couple steps back, now move to the side.

Let's get this shit ON!!

Yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaa!!!

:)

Favorite OG sports are mostly racing sports: running, swimming, cycling.

Also like weightlifting and field events (jumping and throwing).

I had a piece published yesterday on Aust's running team, if anyone is interested.

Is Australia's emphasis on elite running performance justified? - On Line Opinion - 16/7/2012

I agree with your article. The public doesn't know what's happened and many would not be happy. Everyone who qualifies should go. It must suck to be an American, you can be 4th in the world and no-one knows anything about you because there is no room in the team.

i just hope seven/nine , who ever is telecasting it , don't screw up like they did the other year by replaying swimming over and over and only giving a short spoken highlight of what is happening in other live events , and also get hosts that know what they are talking about not just celebrities that can read off a teleprompter

i just hope seven/nine , who ever is telecasting it , don't screw up like they did the other year by replaying swimming over and over

Hahaha I think that would be regarded as blasphemy in television land. We are Australians, we all grew up on a windswept beach somewhere and feel personally involved in the lives of our speedo wearing representatives.

The rampant drug cheating destroyed the credibility of the olympics in my eyes many moons ago. As a child I thought the Olympics was the bees knees. As an adult I'm fairly meh about the whole thing.

I also get annoyed about the lack of diverse coverage of the sports. I'd like to see more boxing, judo, weightlifting...and some others I can't think of now. But we always seem to get shitloads of swimming, which I do enjoy, but how about the other sports I mentioned? FFS, we get more dressage than these sports.

I also preferred the Olympics when it was for amateur athletes only. I don't want the prima donna tennis players in there, who don't really regard an Olympic medal very highly in relation to the other titles in their sport (grand slams etc).

Same can be said of the soccer squads.

Having said all that though, I do enjoy the athletics...a lot. The men's 100m is sensational. As is the decathlon. When I was a kid I though those guys were like superheroes (especially Bruce Jenner and Daley Thompson).

Just such a shame that u never know if they're legit these days.

Wasn't Marion Jones just sensational at Sydney 2000?

Yeah, right.

Olympics Can't Hire Enough Actual Security, But Fully Staffed With 'Brand Police'

from the that'll-work dept

We've talked about how the Olympics are so focused on hiding any non-sponsor brand that they had officials in Beijing during the last Olympics tape over bathroom fixtures from non-sponsoring companies. And it was clear that this same sort of activity was set to continue this time around in London, including a specific law against "ambush marketing."

You may have heard the reports in London about the terrible security for the London Olympics that has left things in "absolute chaos," due to a failure to hire enough security personnel. In fact, there's talk of soldiers having to be called in to help. Given all that, it's interesting to find out that the Olympics do have a fully-staffed "brand police" force, which is heading around the city to carefully block any non-sponsor brands, and try to track down and kill off any kind of unpaid-for marketing.
Almost 300 enforcement officers will be seen across the country checking firms to ensure they are not staging "ambush marketing" or illegally associating themselves with the Games at the expense of official sponsors such as Adidas, McDonald's, Coca-Cola and BP....

Wearing purple caps and tops, the experts in trading and advertising working for the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) are heading the biggest brand protection operation staged in the UK. Under legislation specially introduced for the London Games, they have the right to enter shops and offices and bring court action with fines of up to £20,000.
So, if a terrorist attack happens to hit London over the next few weeks, at least we'll know that it wasn't sponsored by some non-paying brand.

Olympics Can't Hire Enough Actual Security, But Fully Staffed With 'Brand Police' | Techdirt

If i lived in london i'd just hang big posters out my window for competing brands on principle...
and have your door busted down by the brand police

meanwhile ali and his 7 suicide bombers are taking over the missle racks as the soldiers that are guarding them are unarmed

DKD,

it is a constant game between those on drugs and those testing.

However, if you look at the standard of most sports, including running, performance times and distances have declined in recent times.

However, drug use remains, and those in the know, aided by expensive knowledge and testing, may still be present.

Nevertheless, no big name is safe. Last night, one of the placegetters from last year's tour of france got caught on drugs.

I am not saying Schlek was cheating; i am just saying that there are rules and it is now harder to flaunt them with athletes needing to be even more careful.

I think reducing the test-episterone test to 4-1 from 6-1 has had a major impact in recent years.