• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2012 London Olympics

I think they do. They get a shit load of taxpayer cash to do there sports, which is fine but they need to deliver and they need to learn to deal with the media.

Part of being an elite athlete is dealing with the media pressure. Without the media and all the public taking an interest in their sports they wouldn't be getting any cash to do what they are doing.

Not all of them get shitloads of cash...just the 'glamour' sports like swimming etc...I'll bet the Shooters, Discus throwers and volleyballers still have everyday jobs to hold down. Eg: the hammer thrower who is also a cop...

Not all of them get shitloads of cash...just the 'glamour' sports like swimming etc...I'll bet the Shooters, Discus throwers and volleyballers still have everyday jobs to hold down. Eg: the hammer thrower who is also a cop...

Well we were talking about the swimmers here but anyway take they have to take the good with the bad. Compete in a popular sport and the positives are better funding but the downside is more scrutiny, which is fair enough. The less popular sports are not coping the flack the swimmers are.

Isn't everyone forgetting that these are an amateur competition of 'games'
"An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime: "

It's as bad as the 'analysis' of AFL matches on the radio... sports people compete because they have found themselves to be good at a pastime, some people find it entertaining to watch people performing these pastimes......

Taxpayers shouldn't be paying millions to help a few gifted individuals become better at their hobbies...

Amatuer??? The Dream Team. Cyclists who earn millions of dollars in Europe. Swimmers like that Steph Rice (stripper pole girl) who earn mega bucks for flaunting their "overused" bodies!

The days of amatuerism are long gone, some sports yes, but the big ones NO!!!

Big night tonight.

Speaking of money, if Sally Pearson wins she will make a sponsorship killing.

Go Sally.

Just watched Chinese champ fall over at first hurdle, 2004 OG champ.

It's as bad as the 'analysis' of AFL matches on the radio... sports people compete because they have found themselves to be good at a pastime, some people find it entertaining to watch people performing these pastimes......

Taxpayers shouldn't be paying millions to help a few gifted individuals become better at their hobbies...

The Olympics haven't been 'amateur' for many years, those days are long gone.

Congratulations you are beating a country with a quarter of your population :p

lmfao this made me laugh Bradders :D

Missed Sally's race, but saw the replay and I actually had a tear at her reaction and her families reaction after she won. Farrrk. Amazing really, when you think about it?

You can devote your entire life, to being the best athlete you can be and train and diet every single day and miss events and neglect your family and that is life, day after day after day.....and some of these people, who are remarkable athletes, never ever win anything...

Good on you Sally! Bella had a wussy cry for your accomplishment this morning. Outstanding. And what a fantastic husband you have!

Fuck me. Just watching the recording of the super heavy O lifters and the German bloke dropped an almost 200kg bar on his head.