• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

13 year old girl Benches 240lb RAW

Theres nothing wrong with an arch, its a skill not everubody can do it. High squats are fucked though, equipped lifting as a whole is a bit of a joke.

The skill in benching should not be who had the best arch though.
It should be should lifts the greatest weight. The problem there is some really huge fat men and women reduce their ROM also.
Tough sport lol

I find it pretty funny that people think arching is cheating
It's the same as a fat person saying that they would look like Klokov if they cut down

If it's so easy and such blatant cheating, why don't you fucking do it and show everyone?

Firstly, welcome to 6 fucking months ago. Secondly, Scott is fucking right. Why all the fucking negativity about this vid. She has impressive form, she's only fucking 13, just be fucking impressed and stop bitching because you don't like agree with something that doesn't even effect you.

Sticky and Ben

In your view, What would be the impact on the sport if rules were changed to this?

Bench
1. Back and bum in full contact of the bench throughout the movement
2. Hand spacing no further than 100mm past the shoulder

Squat
Starting from bottom position to establish depth

Dead-lift
Feet spaced no further than 100mm pass the shoulder

Over time I've watched powerlifting and seen some really inspirational lifting, Bill Kazmier is someone I watched, when I was much younger, but it seems that the style and the form of lifts have deteriorated, just for the sake of creating higher numbers and records?

Would this be accurate?

Sticky and Ben

In your view, What would be the impact on the sport if rules were changed to this?

Bench
1. Back and bum in full contact of the bench throughout the movement
2. Hand spacing no further than 100mm past the shoulder

Squat
Starting from bottom position to establish depth

Dead-lift
Feet spaced no further than 100mm pass the shoulder

Over time I've watched powerlifting and seen some really inspirational lifting, Bill Kazmier is someone I watched, when I was much younger, but it seems that the style and the form of lifts have deteriorated, just for the sake of creating higher numbers and records?

Would this be accurate?

Over time it has got a lot worse to watch. The only lift worth taking an interest in is the deadlift. No spotters on the platform, gear has minimal effect for most. No bullshit lift and easy to judge.

Look at oly lifting. No spotters or judges in view, just the lifter.

Strongman is awesome to watch. Often head to head contests, just the lifters lifting heavy shit.

Equipped powerlifting is a joke in my opinion. Can't think of much worse than watching high squats out of Monolift with a hundred people around the lifter and bench is the same.

Sticky and Ben
but it seems that the style and the form of lifts have deteriorated, just for the sake of creating higher numbers and records?

Would this be accurate?

I would say more efficient, not deteriorated..... But yes, you're correct - the techniques have changed to allow lifters to lift more weight.... Which is what powerlifting is about.

Ia just find it alightly humorous that she is benching within the rules. And people are paying her out for poor form, lack of ROM or whatever, is she doing it within the rules? yes, so what is the problem?

Same with the 19yo bodybuilder form the UK the other day, everyone was paying her out for using AAS etc where personally I think she had a great physique and she is competing in bodybuilding not figure of physique so I would have thought the perfect body for competing in that division regardless of AAS use, has she put in the hard yard a to get where she has? Yes

Most of the best benchers in the country have bugger all arch. If you need to have a big arch to bench well then do it & if you don't then don't, pretty simple really...

RUM is great to watch
So is battle of the champions (push/pull) and clash of the titans (equipped)
The Arnold deadlift comp is also great

People need to start looking for decent meets to watch. I'm sure watching the A grade footy team I play for is terrible too

Ia just find it alightly humorous that she is benching within the rules. And people are paying her out for poor form, lack of ROM or whatever, is she doing it within the rules? yes, so what is the problem?

Same with the 19yo bodybuilder form the UK the other day, everyone was paying her out for using AAS etc where personally I think she had a great physique and she is competing in bodybuilding not figure of physique so I would have thought the perfect body for competing in that division regardless of AAS use, has she put in the hard yard a to get where she has? Yes

As a bodybuilder she is great but a teenage girl abusing roids isn't something most people think is great.

Problem with the gear and massive arch in powerlifting is the average people can't relate to it so powerlifting loses its appeal to anyone but the absolute die hards.

Some will say that's fine but if they want more money in the sport then its not really fine.

This is what makes this forum so fucking shit.

Here is a section for powerlifting. Some one posts something relevent to the topic. Few comments from people who know what they are talking about, the rest are regualr gym goers who dont have a clue and bag the shit out of it.

Its like all sports. If there is a rule for something you take full advantage of that rule with out breaking it.

Some one mentioned that equipped is a joke? Most people think you can just slip on a suit and you will double your lift first go. I think equipped lifting a twice as hard to do than raw lifting.

The problem with this forum is that there are far too many people have the "your wrong, Im right " attitude. I could post a picture of a red hat. Some one would then reply "that hat is more of a blue colour" then that would be followed by "this is clearly not a hat, you have no idea what you are talking about"

end rant..

You don't need to be a powerlifter to have an opinion on it. It's the people that take an interest in it and buy stuff from sponsors that put money into the sport. The attitude that you have to be a powerlifter to have an opinion doesn't help the sport.

I'm not saying equipped powerlifting is easy, its not but it does nothing for the sport.

If powerlifters are happy with the way powerlifting is that's fine but if they want it to be more popular, more money better competitions then things need to improve.

Off topic for the thread, but, if we are honest, neither bldybuilding or oowerlifting will become mainstream sports, no matter how much we want them to, therefore the only money which will be coming into these sports is pretty much through the fitness and suppliment industry. So to say things have to change to make it more popular is a bit of a waste of time, accept it for what it is and either enjoy it or not, like with bodybuilding people bag out roids yet love to see the likes of Jay, Ronnie, Arnie ettc etc

2010 nationals, around 75 lifters.
2011 nationals, around 75-85 lifters
2012 nationals, around 95 lifters
2013 nationals, around 185 lifters
2014 nationals, expecting 220+ lifters.

The sport is growing now, and its only going to get bigger. Arching on the bench is the least of the sports worries.

Also, Shrek, can you suggest a rule that you would like to see on teh bench press?

Off topic for the thread, but, if we are honest, neither bldybuilding or oowerlifting will become mainstream sports, no matter how much we want them to, therefore the only money which will be coming into these sports is pretty much through the fitness and suppliment industry. So to say things have to change to make it more popular is a bit of a waste of time, accept it for what it is and either enjoy it or not, like with bodybuilding people bag out roids yet love to see the likes of Jay, Ronnie, Arnie ettc etc

It doesn't have to be a mainstream sport for there to be money.

A mainstream sport but I have mates that are very average at best footy players getting around 1000 bucks a game playing in some shit kicker country league in a town of less than 1000 population.

Now I don't know if any powerlifters are getting paid any decent money to lift, maybe some are??? But If a town of 1000 can pay several blokes 500-1000 a game of footy surely powerlifting should be able to attract decent money Australia wide for our best lifters.