• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

13 year old girl Benches 240lb RAW

13-year-old Maryana Naumova from russia soon hopes to find herself in the Guinness Book of Records.
As she has become the first girl under 15 to bench press an incredible 110 kilograms/ 240lb at the MHP power pitt at the 2013 Arnold Classic.

bloody hell

woah... damn
interviewed by critical bench
and quote from wikipedia
Maryana Naumova (Russia) was the first teenager who was featured on the cover of Powerlifting USA magazine, at age 12.

fark that thread is both hillarious and disturbing... so many pedo comments..

But, I should hang out on bb.com - I could feel strong given how many of the guys were apparently benching less than 60kg lol

It does both taurus
Don't get me started on the arch.

For a raw lifter, not necessarily. It reduces the range of motion, but the angle also changes the proportion of muscles recruited to perform the lift. Not everyone lifts more with an arch. It depends on individual strengths and weaknesses. If you are very strong off the chest, you might be better off with a more flat back, as you might be able to get more speed to push through your sticking point.

It is generally much much kinder on your shoulders though.

For a raw lifter, not necessarily. It reduces the range of motion, but the angle also changes the proportion of muscles recruited to perform the lift. Not everyone lifts more with an arch. It depends on individual strengths and weaknesses. If you are very strong off the chest, you might be better off with a more flat back, as you might be able to get more speed to push through your sticking point.

It is generally much much kinder on your shoulders though.

Of course individuals may vary but generally hit helps with both.

And if you're "strong off the chest" as you say then there's no need to arch which is exactly why someone who's not as strong will find the arch helps them move the weight.

Try benching with your feet up on the bench and see how much less you're able to lift.

Of course individuals may vary but generally hit helps with both.

And if you're "strong off the chest" as you say then there's no need to arch which is exactly why someone who's not as strong will find the arch helps them move the weight.

Yeh coz they're hardly moving it at all.
Harry Half-reps all round

Not being strong off the chest doesn't mean you're not strong. I'm speaking relatively. Where your sticking point lies is a combination of many factors: torso dimensions, limb length, where your tricep insertions connect, innervation levels etc.

If you take a look at the top raw benchers, there is a big variation in the degree of arch used. A lot have completely flat backs. Others don't. I guarantee you that if an arch helped everyone lift more weight, every single powerlifter would do it, because the object of the sport is to lift the most weight and the rules specifically allow you to arch. Even those who are "strong off the chest" would do it if it allowed them to lift more weight. But they don't.

It's the same thing with grip width. Very few raw benchers use the maximum legal grip width, even though they're allowed to. Why? Because even though it significantly shortens the ROM, it doesn't actually allow them to lift more weight. We see the same natural variation in grip width across top bench pressers - even some of the guys with the longest arms lift more with a closer grip.

Besides, there is no possible way you could mandate against arching. Perhaps being barrel-chested is cheating too? That reduces the ROM as well. Arching is good because it helps level the playing field. It's a skill that not everyone can master.

This doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bathwater. You don't try to hide weaknesses - you address them and still trying to get strong all over. I'm relatively weak off the chest. I can lock out anything I can get 3" off my chest. I arch in comp, but I also do all sorts of exercises to address that weakness: dips, flat back bench, feet-up benching, and pin presses off the chest etc.

The arch enables the scapula free movement and reduces ROM, that's just simple engineering.

A thin bloke will need to arch.
A fat bastard, will be unable, but doesn't need to.

"The sticking point" is directly related to gravity.

Not being strong off the chest doesn't mean you're not strong. I'm speaking relatively. Where your sticking point lies is a combination of many factors: torso dimensions, limb length, where your tricep insertions connect, innervation levels etc.

If you take a look at the top raw benchers, there is a big variation in the degree of arch used. A lot have completely flat backs. Others don't. I guarantee you that if an arch helped everyone lift more weight, every single powerlifter would do it, because the object of the sport is to lift the most weight and the rules specifically allow you to arch. Even those who are "strong off the chest" would do it if it allowed them to lift more weight. But they don't.

It's the same thing with grip width. Very few raw benchers use the maximum legal grip width, even though they're allowed to. Why? Because even though it significantly shortens the ROM, it doesn't actually allow them to lift more weight. We see the same natural variation in grip width across top bench pressers - even some of the guys with the longest arms lift more with a closer grip.

Besides, there is no possible way you could mandate against arching. Perhaps being barrel-chested is cheating too? That reduces the ROM as well. Arching is good because it helps level the playing field. It's a skill that not everyone can master.

This doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bathwater. You don't try to hide weaknesses - you address them and still trying to get strong all over. I'm relatively weak off the chest. I can lock out anything I can get 3" off my chest. I arch in comp, but I also do all sorts of exercises to address that weakness: dips, flat back bench, feet-up benching, and pin presses off the chest etc.
I made a simple statement, it doesn't need to get any more complicated than that.

Powerlifting squat and bench are a joke.

It's following the same route as bodybiulding pageants.

I mean, who wants to see a bunch of blokes lifting mediocre kg's.

The mob want to see freaks, acting like freaks, lifting rediculous weight.