• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
16.49, wow having never done burpee's before i couldn't see why this would be difficult, naturally i have been humbled, that was ridiculously hard, about as bad as plyo stuff.

Cheers,

Bobo

16.49, wow having never done burpee's before i couldn't see why this would be difficult, naturally i have been humbled, that was ridiculously hard, about as bad as plyo stuff.

Cheers,

Bobo

Well done Bobo, your name has now been added to the list. See what you can do in 60 seconds flat. I mangaed 23 I think (before I fell down the stairs and hurt my shoulder). So see if you can beat my record and smashing 24 proper burpees in 60s! All the best Champion.

Fadi.

I tried to see how many in 60 sec, did 14 in 40sec but couldn't keep going.
My legs get really sore .

I tried to see how many in 60 sec, did 14 in 40sec but couldn't keep going.
My legs get really sore .

That's where beta alanine comes in to delay that soreness and give you few more reps...

Well done on your effort though Tiger.

Fadi.

24 in a minute! Thats fantastic,
Ive not tried to do as many as I can, I do them in sets of 10, increasing the speed rather than the reps.
You are an inspiration Fadi.

By the way, if Nicole take you to dinner, I just might crash the party:D

Mike.

Well done Bobo, your name has now been added to the list. See what you can do in 60 seconds flat. I mangaed 23 I think (before I fell down the stairs and hurt my shoulder). So see if you can beat my record and smashing 24 proper burpees in 60s! All the best Champion.

Fadi.

That's where beta alanine comes in to delay that soreness and give you few more reps...

Fadi.
I'm glad BA works for you Fadi, because it does zero for me. I have half tub in my cabinet, been sitting there for 2 years now.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi .

Long way to even get close to your 24 but i am trying.
Is Black Widow Beta Alanine what you are talking about it ?

Thanks !

Thanks Fadi .

Long way to even get close to your 24 but i am trying.
Is Black Widow Beta Alanine what you are talking about it ?

Thanks !

Beta alanine is beta alanine Broncs. I've taken/am taking two different brands and both are giving me the tingles. Would you like to know what brands I'm taking and what brands I would be taking in the future?

Fadi.

Beta alanine is beta alanine Broncs. I've taken/am taking two different brands and both are giving me the tingles. Would you like to know what brands I'm taking and what brands I would be taking in the future?

Fadi.

I would appreciate that Fadi .

I'm glad BA works for you Fadi, because it does zero for me. I have half tub in my cabinet, been sitting there for 2 years now.

Adrian, how do you know if it is or isn't working for you? A good way to test it would be to perform an exercise in a way so as to generate lactic acid build up whilst recording the reps achieved or time it took to achieve a certain distance (as in a run for example). Do that for a week with no BA than load up on BA for a week at say 5g a day (spread throughout) before having another crack at exactly what you did on week #1. Only then would you be able to gauge whether BA is helping you in any way.

If you have done similar to the above already than please disregard.

Thank you.

Fadi.

24 in a minute! Thats fantastic,
Ive not tried to do as many as I can, I do them in sets of 10, increasing the speed rather than the reps.
You are an inspiration Fadi.

By the way, if Nicole take you to dinner, I just might crash the party:D

Mike.

Would love nothing more than for you to crash the party Mike, (if Nicole doesn't mind) :D!

Fadi.

I would appreciate that Fadi .

If you don't mind weighing the powder than the American Jarrow company 500g (just like the tablets I take but in powder form) would be the way to go. Of course you may find something cheaper still, but cheaper is not what I always look for...-Tablets/15918?at=0

BETA120_030209.jpg

The other one I tried was from Australia; here: Bulk Nutrients

Fadi.

Last edited:
I know it isn't working because I get the same lactic acid build up when I do 20 rep squat weather I use B.A or not.

I'll just give you a bear hug Nicole...okay, and some BA tingles for the road :).

Fadi.

I've seen your photo ... how many broken ribs might I expect from this bear hug? :D

Just back on the BA topic, I am sometimes extremely tired by Thursday/Friday and my end-of-week session gets done but with a fair amount of struggle -- would BA give a little perk-up? I know there's no substitute for good sleep, but some days I'm just flat.

would BA give a little perk-up?

For a little perk-up on these days, have a cup of green tea before training Nicole or if you want some kind of bomb in the way of my favourite herbs; the mighty adaptogens, then by all means give this a go: Action Labs, Ginseng PowerMax 6X, 50 Capsules - iHerb.com It's out of stock because I've been telling many people about it :D!

Seriously, just take what you need only when you need it, this way it would always work better for you, especially the adaptogens.

BA may take 2-4 weeks before you feel the endurance effect but not the "perk-up" feeling you're seeking.

I know; I remember at one time possibly scaring you of the RED, as in the Red Korean Ginseng with hair on the face etc; highly unlikely Nicole and here's something you may find interesting...

Can Women Take Ginseng?
The old adage that women should not take ginseng is mostly untrue. It is true that processed red Korean or Chinese ginseng (Panax ginseng) is quite stimulating and is often used in energy and sports formulas, but not more so for women than for men. Whether this kind of ginseng will have an adverse effect on a person, when taken in large amounts, depends more upon one's constitutional type than sex. Although it must be noted that Panax ginseng has proven to have a mild estrogen-promoting activity in some women--and thus would be contraindicated where estrogen is already excessive, as may be the case with PMS or breast cancer--eleuthero is not estrogen-promoting. Eleuthero is considered to be neutral in energy, and can therefore be taken safely by both sexes and by many constitutional types.

Nicole, you'd be taking one or two capsules a week, hardly what you call "large amounts".

PS: I'll be gentle; promise ;).

Fadi.

Finally remembered that I entered this challenge. :p

I did 100 burpees today in this pattern: 20,15,10,5,5,10,15,10,10 (couldn't do 20 in a row at the end). Time was 18:57.9. I tried to get it under 20 minutes and was happy with the result.

The first 20 took me 1:30.

First time I did burpees was just before NYD 2010. I only got 3x10 before nearly passing out! Haven't done them much since then.

Aiming for under 10 minutes by the end of the year.

Will try again next week!