• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just a follow up, just finished the HITT program, man my obliques (rib cage back area) are killing me from all the burpees over the last two days...

Just a follow up, just finished the HITT program, man my obliques (rib cage back area) are killing me from all the burpees over the last two days...

I can sympathies since I went through the same ordeal Darren. My advice to you would be to do some burpees but only about 25 this time for few days in a row. This way you'll be using the same exact muscles that are sore and pump some much needed blood into them. Secondly, I'd have an Epsom salt bath with sodium bicarbonate thrown in as well for good measure...just don't go to sleep okay :D!

God Bless.

Fadi.

Did a PB on the Burpees today, 11:17. Man that is a killer routine, the last five I looked like one of those wobbly marathon runners at the finish line. See how I pull up tomorrow, gave the forehead and nose a bit of a working out on the carpet. ;)

After watching Dad, it was all, "watch me dad, watch me..." My two youngest, Lily and Malachi, they could work on their form. :rolleyes:

Good stuff Rev, I took longer to do 50 last week, its good to have little copy cats around, my little fella always copies me doing burpees too, and stays with me while im lifting in the garage too, although I havent hit the 100 burpees yet, its much bloody harder than i thought.

Likewise, all my boys and two of the girls hang around the rack when it is workout time, usually (though not always) it's a good time...You are right about the Burpees, killer exercise, it will take some time before I will get to like them, if ever.

Awesome effort Darren. Burpees are all business designed for the serious athlete. Or put another way; Burpees seperate the men from the boys!

Fadi.

I have never tried 100 but I do them all the time with my cardio complexes..... stuff it give me 10-15 mins im going to try this right now after a big serving of ice cream.

180's follow up post will be interesting. Could be some ice cream regurgitated all over the keyboard if he's not careful.

OMG... I seriously underestimaed that..... I thought it would be easy..... I did 64 in just under 4 mins then had to go and spew...... my heart rate is still through the roof and legs are sore hahaha.... even with a gut full of ice cream i thought they wold have been easier haha soo hard... ill do them again maybe tomorrow mornign when im feeling good...

Lol, great stuff mate.

That's a pretty frantic pace, you should have posted a vid, complete with post workout 'recovery'.

Ah 180 and DKD, you two are funny gentlemen indeed :D! Thank you for that guys.

PS: 180, you know you don't have to do all the 100 in one go I hope (unless you're related to Superman that is)! Just break them up in whichever way you feel comfortable until your reach the 100. Burpees have a "sudden death" feeling to them that just comes over you and forces you to stop. It's the only movement in the world that makes my heart beat audible to my naked ears; scary stuff wouldn't you agree!

Fadi.

yeh indeed.... I didnt do 64 straight up fadi... I did 10 then porbly 5 second break then 10 then 10 and so on.. with up to 10 second breaks.... I know when I do my cardio complexes I usually do 20 and my heart rate is screaming so knew id have to break them up.... none the less I still underestimated them hugely..

15:27 a couple weeks back, this is tough, addictive you say, it will have to be a serious acquired pain, because it is not addictive out of the box.

15:27 a couple weeks back, this is tough, addictive you say, it will have to be a serious acquired pain, because it is not addictive out of the box.
Well done vovo and you've been added to the list now.

Fadi.

did it again today, roughly 15mins on an analogue watch.

Still not addicted

Once I get fitter, I will have another crack with a stop watch, not enough of an improvement to worry about it yet.