• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
No need to lie to myself mate. I think beta alanine it helped me a lot plus im 78kgs now :)

You wouldn't have been lieing to yourself, it would have been to me!
Need every bit of motivation I can get when faced with 100 burpees!

Although with the huge improvement you have made in such a short amount of time I guess my motivation will be to try stay ahead of you as long as I can...I predict I can hold the lead only until you make your next attempt though :p

I was hoping and praying for this thread to get to this: a healthy competition where the Ausbb team as a whole can improve.

Here we are finally thanks to some real Champions amongst us!

Proud to be part of the family; keep the ball rolling please and let it gain in momentum.

Fadi.

Nice stuff, let us know how you go!
My first time was not too flash and im sure the form was pretty average, Fadi might not have even counted most of the last 50! :p

Even if you say it took you 1hr to do you'll still have my respect for getting stuck in and trying them! That will leave you heaps of room to hit a PB every time for the next month after as well :p

!
Thanks mate, great stuff for getting the 100 out, i dont know when ill be able to get to the 100 but i am determined, banged out 50 in blocks of 10's when i got home from work, although it took a while. My 4 year old son copies every thing i do and has endless amounts of energy and it wore him out too. Deadlifts tomorrow, woo hoo.

Thanks mate, great stuff for getting the 100 out, i dont know when ill be able to get to the 100 but i am determined, banged out 50 in blocks of 10's when i got home from work, although it took a while. My 4 year old son copies every thing i do and has endless amounts of energy and it wore him out too. Deadlifts tomorrow, woo hoo.

Very impressed with you for giving it a go Grippy and a big hug to your young man...I love kids!

Fadi.

Nice work, the hardest part about the dreaded burpee is starting I think, so to get 50 done is great!

I was thinking about it the other night, Fadi said in another thread to add 2 each time from 40 if you couldn't them all.

Now surely if you did your 50 in say 10min you could do 52 in 10min next time? It's only 2 more! But then surely you could do 54 in the same time as the 52 the next attempt after that...its only 2 more!
I assume your fitness would increase enough every few days/each week to add 2 more burpees in but not increase the time?
No idea if it would...but it was interesting to think about:p

It might be worth trying to squeeze in those extra couple in the same amount of time, 2 burpees isn't much but eventually you're average 50 time will be an awesome 100 time!

14:37 on first attempt

That was just as painful as I expected it to be :)

Very well done Shannon. Well well, if 14:37 is what can be done when the participant is a "bit old", I wonder what can be acheived when he's a bit young :D!

Again, Bravo Shannon.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thanks Fadi :)

I'm going to keep doing this once a week. It's definitely very addictive and I've been a bit blase about cardio lately

Ok did the Burpee challenge (with my son) but did the straight arm burpees and not sure my form was that great as in jumping high enough on getting up...so my time is a probably a bit distorted but having said that...

He (son) completed them in 8:19 and I did them in 9:12.
Did 21 in first 60 secs.
rested for 60 secs.
Did 20 in next 60 secs
rested for 60 secs
Did 19 in next 60 secs
rested for 60 secs
Did 18 in next 60 secs
rested for 45 secs
finished of the last 22 in 87 secs.

The last 22 I'm not sure how good the form was as my legs were feeling a bit lead-ish. Anyway, planning to do the burpee and HITT regime over the next 5 weeks before I move to Victoria.

You guys must be fit as fiddles. Ive been working up to the hundred. Ive done a few sets of 50 in the past week but feel like my hearts going to burst out of my chest by the end of it. My little 4 year old son has been copying me and has got a great form and rhythm going with them. Polished of 50 the other night and it still took 13 minutes, just for 50 :O

Ok did the Burpee challenge (with my son) but did the straight arm burpees and not sure my form was that great as in jumping high enough on getting up...so my time is a probably a bit distorted but having said that...

He (son) completed them in 8:19 and I did them in 9:12.
Did 21 in first 60 secs.
rested for 60 secs.
Did 20 in next 60 secs
rested for 60 secs
Did 19 in next 60 secs
rested for 60 secs
Did 18 in next 60 secs
rested for 45 secs
finished of the last 22 in 87 secs.

The last 22 I'm not sure how good the form was as my legs were feeling a bit lead-ish. Anyway, planning to do the burpee and HITT regime over the next 5 weeks before I move to Victoria.

Rev, I need to confirm that you performed the 100 burpees as decribed in the original post (YouTube man). What is a straight arm burpee by the way? Thank you Sir.

Fadi.

Wait till I do them again, my time seems too good so I'll have my wife watch me. I'm assuming I didn't go down low enough...

Wait no longer my friend.
Ok, did them again today after watching the video several times. I wasn't doing the push up aspect fully (hence my straight arm comment). Finished in 11:33 though I'm sure I will do better in coming weeks. My wrists were just getting a little sore towards the end! BTW did 19 in the first 60 secs.

Wait no longer my friend.
Ok, did them again today after watching the video several times. I wasn't doing the push up aspect fully (hence my straight arm comment). Finished in 11:33 though I'm sure I will do better in coming weeks. My wrists were just getting a little sore towards the end! BTW did 19 in the first 60 secs.

May God bless you Rev, that's an awesome time indeed. Well done brother.

Fadi.