• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginners; Look Here!

Fadi

This is the main course we serve here at Ausbb. It’s basically meat and potatoes done in a slightly different way. Please help yourself by digging right in. Do not forget to chew properly so you can fully digest the food that’s been offered to you here. This is on the house by the way!

Desert? Ice-cream? Yes of course, that comes a bit later when you have really tasted what’s on offer here. All the best to the new guys and welcome to Ausbb.

Markos: http://ausbb.com/strength-training-power-lifting/9460-beginners-program.html

Fadi: http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9606-building-ultimate-muscle-machine-move-your-body-through-space-program-1-a.html

Or this:

A. Squats
B. Bench press
C. Dead lift
D. One arm d/bell rows
E. D/bell presses or B/bell military presses.

All done at 3 sets for between 8-10 reps. Aim to increase your weights by 2.5% each week and do this program for 3 months solid before contemplating a change.

Mark Rippetoe

Wkout A:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
1x5 Deadlifts
2x8 Dips

Wkout B:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Standing press
3x5 Bent over rows
2x8 Chinups

Done 3x a week, rotating A and B.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Good thread Fadi, should be stuck firmly to the top of the page!

I'll leave that decision to Admin or Shrek; they've got more experience than me with this things. But thank you for the thought, I appreciate it Eagle Eye!

Eagle%20Eye%20Picture.jpg

Fadi.

And if you have been very sedentary, aren't sure which gym to go to and anyway the thought of a barbell makes you wince in fear of the new and unknown, here's mine, which marks out the ground before you lay the foundations with one of the beginners' programmes above.

great posts. Thanks Guys, I have printed them for my use. :)

Great stuff Fadi, good to see the Ripptoe workout included too, I have done the 5 x 5 before and enjoyed it.

Hi Shrek,

Few members have been looking for this beginner's thread so as to offer it to the new members who sign into Ausbb; would it be possible to have it as a sticky please? Thank you kindly my friend, not just for this, but for all your hard work around Ausbb; you really make it the pro bodybuilding forum that it is.

Fadi.

Good stuff Fadi and others. Me being an old fart and away from weights for sometime due to an injury at work I am ready to start all over again!
This hopefully will help me on the road to greatness!!! (yeah right) You get my drift!!
:D:D:D

Good stuff Fadi and others. Me being an old fart and away from weights for sometime due to an injury at work I am ready to start all over again!
This hopefully will help me on the road to greatness!!! (yeah right) You get my drift!!
:D:D:D
It's your humility that makes you great in my eyes giffo. So all the very best to you Sir.

PS: giffo, would you like to own a clubsport one day or is the SS just as good in your opinion; where possibly the GTS and clubsport are a bit overrated/expensive for the extra amount of power (if any) that one may get? I like your opinion on this please. Than you.

Fadi.

Last edited:
It's your humility that makes you great in my eyes giffo. So all the very best to you Sir.

PS: giffo, would you like to own a clubsport one day or is the SS just as good in your opinion; where possibly the GTS and clubsport are a bit overrated/expensive for the extra amount of power (if any) that one may get? I like your opinion on this please. Than you.

Fadi.

Many thanks my friend! I will try my best.

Giffo

Fadi.

Hey just read your comment properly, how did you know I had a SS?? Where do I know you from? I WOULD like a Clubsport if I won lotto!!:D

Hey just read your comment properly, how did you know I had a SS?? Where do I know you from? I WOULD like a Clubsport if I won lotto!!:D

So this is now:
1590.jpg

and when you win the lotto...

2010_hsv_e-series-2_clubsport-r8_header.jpg

Now that's extremely yummy in my book Sgt :)!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Ok where do you work? station?? Cheeky bugger :D:D

CIMG3561.jpg

Ah you're a funny man Sir. Actually I did work for the NSW Police Force (before it became a service) back in 1991 stationed at Day St, City of Sydney for a year and a half before I moved to good old Newtown for 10 years. Left and joined the security industry back in 2002 and I'm still at it.

I'm sorry if I had caused any problems but like you, I'm waiting to win the lotto to get my hands on a clubsport. Only one problem...I don't buy the lotto :D!

Fadi.

You and me both. Will go you halves in a lotto ticket. Just worked out how you knew my details. Stupid me. Forgot about my profile!!

Look forward to learning as much as possible from you and this site. Great website. As i have shown I am 49 and really want to build up some and get fitter.
Just want to get a routine (which I have been given some) to get me back into it. I was doing really well last year till I had an injury at work which kept me off the weights since (November 2009)
Ready to get back into it.

Giffo

Okay giffo, help me out here. What is it that you need the most right now? Muscles? Fitness? Muscular endurance? Blasting your metabolism and loosing some fat as well as getting fit in the process? You're welcome to send me a photo of yourself either by PM or email if you wish (only if you wish that is) since it does make things easier.

Due to your injury, what can you and what can you not do? Do you suffer from any restrictive movements? I'm asking so many questions and I'm not even interrogating you for God's sake :D! Sorry.

Seriously, the more I know the more I'd be able to help and there would be less time wasted. What do you say?

Fadi.

Okay giffo, help me out here. What is it that you need the most right now? Muscles? Fitness? Muscular endurance? Blasting your metabolism and loosing some fat as well as getting fit in the process? You're welcome to send me a photo of yourself either by PM or email if you wish (only if you wish that is) since it does make things easier.

Due to your injury, what can you and what can you not do? Do you suffer from any restrictive movements? I'm asking so many questions and I'm not even interrogating you for God's sake :D! Sorry.

Seriously, the more I know the more I'd be able to help and there would be less time wasted. What do you say?

Fadi.

Cheers mate, very kind of you. I have to hit the hay right now. I am off tomorrow, so I will email you with a photo (have a bucket ready :D) and my details etc.

Many thanks,
Steve