• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Apparently I had "6 years" off training, yet I'm still stronger than showdownsyndrome while weighing a lot less. Imagine if I added a protein shake, shit would take off!

Amazing what years of juicing can do for your muscle memory

Amazing what years of juicing can do for your muscle memory

you got to realise there are a few on here who think they are top shit because they lifted a whole lot of weight. they think they are superior because of this and that anyone else should shut their mouth and pay homage to their greatness.

fortunately most people on ausbb are pretty good people, including a lot of the stronger ones.

you got to realise there are a few on here who think they are top shit because they lifted a whole lot of weight. they think they are superior because of this and that anyone else should shut their mouth and pay homage to their greatness.

fortunately most people on ausbb are pretty good people, including a lot of the stronger ones.

Read back in the thread and take a look at who was rude to who first
You're welcome

ok, I did. I don't think he said anything that attacked anyone personally. he was attacking the view that protein powder does not have is place by declaring assumption to be stupid. he also suggested that some do not have that much time, and protein powder use then has a purpose. that is not personal.

you then insulted his lifting prowess.

I don't like protein powder much for many reasonss, but I agree it has its place for hard gainers and for times of convenience.

hard gainers xD
Sparty mate you missed a whole bunch of posts, maybe re-read the thread again. Time for me to go heat up my beef

some people are hard gainers because they don't know much about diet. they would not have much clue about how much protein they are actually consuming, often not enough.

of course, food has all of your protein requirements, assuming you eat enough.

I just inhaled 280g of protein, and it's not even noon

Ao2auXL.jpg

hard gainers xD
Sparty mate you missed a whole bunch of posts, maybe re-read the thread again. Time for me to go heat up my beef

Maybe you should learn to play the ball and not the man.

You’re “I’m a carnivore and stronger than you, therefore whey is useless” logic is deeply flawed as there are many individuals who DO consume whey protein who are infinitely stronger and more aesthetic than you.

For the record I have nothing but respect for your lifting (past and present) and have been following your log with interest.

I’m also glad that someone on these boards is on the carnivore diet as it’s something I’d like to experiment with at some stage in the future. I don’t think it’s a diet I could commit to in the long term as it’s too restrictive.

However that doesn’t change the fact there is zero evidence protein supplementation can’t be part of varied omnivorous diet. Just because there is mounting evidence of individuals thriving on a meat only diet doesn’t make it the only way to achieve strength and aesthetic goals.

Doesn't change the fact that there is no evidence it can benefit a varied omnivorous diet. Even so, that wasn't the argument I gave. What I said was if you simply ate beef, you'll easily hit your protein for the day and additional shakes would provide no benefit. Carnivore or not, even a paltry 500g of beef will give you 130g of protein - with the other misc foods bumping it up the rest of the way. If you need more then you can simply eat more beef, it's not like it's expensive, it's far tastier than any protein (try ribs or brisket) and contains the micronutrients you require

Doesn't change the fact that there is no evidence it can benefit a varied omnivorous diet. Even so, that wasn't the argument I gave. What I said was if you simply ate beef, you'll easily hit your protein for the day and additional shakes would provide no benefit. Carnivore or not, even a paltry 500g of beef will give you 130g of protein - with the other misc foods bumping it up the rest of the way. If you need more then you can simply eat more beef, it's not like it's expensive, it's far tastier than any protein (try ribs or brisket) and contains the micronutrients you require

If getting your entire protein requirement from red meat doesn’t derive any performance enhancing benefit then why bother? Why not just eat the food you want?

only benefit i see from red meat over other sources is iron. if that could be solved, would eat even less redmeat as too expensive for nice cuts of steak. I now buy slabs of scotch fillet and porterhouse and slice them up. and mince is always pretty cheap.

but i do like a variety of food, beef, lamb, chicken, tna, eggs, milk, salmon and so on.

God damn i love my red meat.

Last three days alone have included:
500gm rump cooked at home myself. Fucking divine.
400gm thick AF tbone at mum and dads yesty.

1.75kg of mince so far in that time also including 2x375gm meals today haha. Got another at home ill destroy after i bench tonight.

Fucken love the stuff.

For the mince i add frozen veg/chilli powder/pepper and a metric fuck tonne of pink salt.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If getting your entire protein requirement from red meat doesn’t derive any performance enhancing benefit then why bother? Why not just eat the food you want?

Because red meat does give a performance benefit over whey. I'm sure someone is going to take issue with me saying this but whatever. Getting your calories from red meat will make you bigger and stronger faster than if you get your calories from whey or even chicken and fish. There are innumerable accounts of strength coaches and body builders echoing exactly this from Glenn Pendlay to Pavel Tsatsouline to Stan Efferding