• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The unsubstantiated hate for whey protein on a supposed bodybuilding, strength and fitness forum is right up there with the most retarded things I’ve read.

Last edited:
Protein consumption is the most crucial element to a bodybuilder or strength athlete's nutrition. A cheap and convenient option for optimal protein consumption is a no brainer.

The only individual who's posted any sort of rational argument against protein supps is Mick. However consuming WPC in conjunction with other high quality fats allays his fears regarding pure protein intake having an adverse impact on insulin sensitivity.

You should be eating enough red meat each day that drinking a protein shake is irrelevant

I like the sounds of all this but I'm still unconvinced.
But anyway, red meat tonight it is!

You should be eating enough red meat each day that drinking a protein shake is irrelevant

In an ideal world yes, but for many people time (and money) constraints make red meat with every meal impossible.

In which case 40g WPC is a perfectly reasonable alternative to a 300g steak.

In an ideal world yes, but for many people time (and money) constraints make red meat with every meal impossible.

In which case 40g WPC is a perfectly reasonable alternative to a 300g steak.

Ground beef is $7 a kilo. Don't give me that BS that you have time or money constraints to fry a burger

Ground beef is $7 a kilo. Don't give me that BS that you have time or money constraints to fry a burger

I would have thought someone who had to completely abandon any sort of athletic endeavour for 6 years to focus on his career would understand some people juggling career, family, exercise and nutrition need to make compromises somewhere to get it all done.

Well that settles it.

breakfast, lunch and dinner will now be just Protien shakes for my Protien requirements.

Well that settles it.

breakfast, lunch and dinner will now be just Protien shakes for my Protien requirements.

Because you're simply too busy to spend 10 minutes cooking a kilo of ground beef each night and placing it into a container

Well that settles it.

Any more than 30 grams of protein a day from protein powder is probably suboptimal from an amino acid and micro nutrient stand point tbh

Because you're simply too busy to spend 10 minutes cooking a kilo of ground beef each night and placing it into a container

Says the bloke working 8 hours a week

Any more than 30 grams of protein a day from protein powder is probably suboptimal from an amino acid and micro nutrient stand point tbh

Says the bloke working 8 hours a week

lmao I've worked 60 hour weeks before while also volunteering as a firefighter and still had the time to cook, clean and exercise. It takes no more than an hour to cook, period
Ground beef is $7 a kilo and takes MINUTES to cook and contains all the nutrition your body requires to thrive

I would have thought someone who had to completely abandon any sort of athletic endeavour for 6 years to focus on his career would understand some people juggling career, family, exercise and nutrition need to make compromises somewhere to get it all done.

;)

Apparently I had "6 years" off training, yet I'm still stronger than showdownsyndrome while weighing a lot less. Imagine if I added a protein shake, shit would take off!

Apparently I had "6 years" off training, yet I'm still stronger than showdownsyndrome while weighing a lot less. Imagine if I added a protein shake, shit would take off!

this one speaks for itself. super high iq and all. ;)