• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

targeting biceps

Super set your curls with rows or pullups/diwns, to super fatigue them or ss them with a pressing motion,

Saves time, and you wont be seen just standing at the db rack.

How about people just put the same amount of effort into every bodypart?

Personally I think that's just as stupid. Who is going to put as much effort into training forearms as legs.

I never train forearms, calves extremely rarely and you can't tell.

As much as people bag the bros. If you just want to look good spending most of the time training your mirror muscles is the best bet.

Personally I think that's just as stupid. Who is going to put as much effort into training forearms as legs.

I never train forearms, calves extremely rarely and you can't tell.

As much as people bag the bros. If you just want to look good spending most of the time training your mirror muscles is the best bet.

haha - now your just nit-picking - of course most people wont train forearms/calves as hard as other bodyparts - I am talking to main muscle groups -

Legs
Back
Arms
Shoulders
Chest

Saying that though it is not very hard to destroy forearms and calves - 5-10 mins of HIT (weights) and that will be plenty.

The pro squat, anti curl movement is gathering momentum! Soon we'll all be paying out people with huge legs and no upper body, like sprint cyclists.

I have been thinking this exact thing. Plenty of shit put on people who refuse to train legs but they don't look any more stupid than someone who can squat and dead 300kgs but have arms like a 12 year old netball player. An unbalanced physique looks dumb regardless of which bit is left behind.

for shoulder health mainly...

If people worked the bicep curl as hard and the intensity of work was as hard as the other exercises then results would be different.
one set would be sufficient, two max, if you need to do three, you didn't work hard enough.

but the regular (heavy) bicep curl with a barbell should be in the top 10 list of exercises, this is not an "arms only" exercise, it's an "everything exercise" when it is done correctly...and heavy.

the leverage is so great that when in the half way position it works the back as much as a set of heavy stiff legged deadlifts and the downward pull on the shoulders works the entire shoulder girdle, if you could do a strict curl for bodyweight, that would be an amazing feat of strength, and one would look pretty muscular, Ive only seen a few do this; Grimek, Pearl and Reg Park.

haha - now your just nit-picking - of course most people wont train forearms/calves as hard as other bodyparts - I am talking to main muscle groups -

Legs
Back
Arms
Shoulders
Chest

Saying that though it is not very hard to destroy forearms and calves - 5-10 mins of HIT (weights) and that will be plenty.

Not nit picking at all. You were the one that said to train all muscles equally which in my opinion is stupid.

I also wouldn't train arms as hard as chest, back or legs either.

Calves and forearms, couldn't really be bothered with 5-10 min personally.

Of course you're pedantic [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; anything to disagree.

If you can't be bothered training calves then I assume you have pretty good ones.

Last edited:
on the topic of Valves, I do not see any value of using an isolative exercise, unless you cannot walk

I can't see how curls help elbow health.
It kills my elbows to do curls.

Might be age I guess.

Was a brocurler in my teens like most.
Gave up late 20's as my elbows would hurt too much.
didn't matter what type of bar or grip... even with dbs

Might be age I guess.

Tried cables? Very easy on the elbow

Might be age I guess.

What weight are you using?
When I get elbow tendinitis, I'll do 3x20 on the incline dumbbell curls with just 10kg dumbbells. Elbow pain goes away within a week