• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

targeting biceps

Of course you're pedantic [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; anything to disagree.

If you can't be bothered training calves then I assume you have pretty good ones.

Come to rescue Oni again.

This is hilariously amazing. Someone says something when they actually mean the total opposite and I'm pedantic for mentioning it. Why say it if it's not at all what you mean.

Calves. Who really cares anyway and mine are good enough.

[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]
Before I gave up on them many moons ago I tried all kinds.. including cables. with and without elbow support (preacher bench or inner thigh like concentration curls)

[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]
Empty oly BB so 20kg. also doesn't seem to matter what speed I do it with.

Towards the end, before giving up totally I did Drag curls... these didn't hurt as much on the elbow but started wrist and shoulder pain so it was all over.

At home I've only got an oly BB and plates and cage and bench so no more curls.

Last edited:
I can't see how curls help elbow health.
It kills my elbows to do curls.

Might be age I guess.

Was a brocurler in my teens like most.
Gave up late 20's as my elbows would hurt too much.
didn't matter what type of bar or grip... even with dbs

straight bar curls give me crazy golfer's elbow too. Seem to be relatively ok with db's though. Cable machine was shit too.

Can you do chins straight bar?

I have the 45deg attachment and do chins with that as elbows prefer it and I've found if you angle the torso forward you use a lot more bicep than back.

[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]
Before I gave up on them many moons ago I tried all kinds.. including cables. with and without elbow support (preacher bench or inner thigh like concentration curls)

[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]
Empty oly BB so 20kg. also doesn't seem to matter what speed I do it with.

Towards the end, before giving up totally I did Drag curls... these didn't hurt as much on the elbow but started wrist and shoulder pain so it was all over.

At home I've only got an oly BB and plates and cage and bench so no more curls.

Damn, that sucks bro. The next thing I was going to say was doing them with just the bar, haha

straight bar curls give me crazy golfer's elbow too. Seem to be relatively ok with db's though. Cable machine was shit too.

Can you do chins straight bar?

I have the 45deg attachment and do chins with that as elbows prefer it and I've found if you angle the torso forward you use a lot more bicep than back.

I did do chins for a while too.
forearm attachment at the elbow (inside) is fucked from it (and possibly how I was holding the bar during squats)..

anyway.
no "pulling" work for that arm.... chins, curls, heavy rows.

my point was curls did NOT fix elbow pain but created the elbow pain for me.

You're falling apart you old bastard @TTT;

Elbowitis effects old people, I'm lucky in that regard.

Don't know why, but I've also done my fair share of grip and forearm work over the years.

might be too late for you.

Last edited:
Not nit picking at all. You were the one that said to train all muscles equally which in my opinion is stupid.

I also wouldn't train arms as hard as chest, back or legs either.

Calves and forearms, couldn't really be bothered with 5-10 min personally.

Haha taken it to a new level...love your work...or lack of

Personally I think that's just as stupid. Who is going to put as much effort into training forearms as legs.

I never train forearms, calves extremely rarely and you can't tell.

As much as people bag the bros. If you just want to look good spending most of the time training your mirror muscles is the best bet.
[MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION];

All things being equal, if a dude chooses to work body parts then the work should be hard for each body part

How you would do that I don't know.

But for example, if one is going to work the quads, then that same intensity of work should be the same as a set of barbell curls, and not just an afterthought or some "going through the motion" exercise thrown on at the end.

Last night I saw 6! Young mavericks standing in a circle doing something that looked like curls.
Amazing.

Poor biceps get no love around here

I spoil my biceps and they love me back and my elbows never complain either.

No worries. I'll remember for your future posts what you say could be the opposite to what you actually mean.

And i'll remember that abs on a skinny dude is like big tits on a fat chick - keep training hard mate - based on your picture you have a good base to work from.

We all have opinions but I've yet to see anyone with well developed muscular biceps that doesn't work them directly.

We all have opinions but I've yet to see anyone with well developed muscular biceps that doesn't work them directly.

Spot on mate - if you want to develop a bodypart you need to train it - fairly simple.

The argument is as silly as saying Your quads get plenty of work from dead lifting.

Put in the effort (regardless of bodypart) + train towards your goal/bodypart your wanting to develop = development/growth

If people dont understand this then maybe they need to take up model aeroplanes as a hobbie and not weight lifting.

Put in the effort (regardless of bodypart) + train towards your goal/bodypart your wanting to develop = development/growth

If people dont understand this then maybe they need to take up model aeroplanes as a hobbie and not weight lifting.

I can't comprehend the attitude toward one particular body part and I don't where where or how it started, it's baffling.

I can't comprehend the attitude toward one particular body part and I don't where where or how it started, it's baffling.

Somedays I dont even know what I am training or what I will train - doesnt change my attitude walking into the gym - oh its back today thats 98% effort i'll put in - oh chest thats 100% effort - legs 55% - guns - 110% (you see what I did there #classic)

Having a mindset that your going to go about training bodyparts on different levels of intensity is simply setting yourself upto fail...

Somedays I dont even know what I am training or what I will train - doesnt change my attitude walking into the gym - oh its back today thats 98% effort i'll put in - oh chest thats 100% effort - legs 55% - guns - 110% (you see what I did there #classic)

Having a mindset that your going to go about training bodyparts on different levels of intensity is simply setting yourself upto fail...

Agreed, like Silverback said, work each muscle group with the same amount of effort.