• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Benching for Oly lifts

LexDB

Ain't gonna make you lift heavier... ever.

If you're trying to snatch in Converse instead of Adipowers, then you will lift more in the Adipowers guaranteed. Depending your squat and pull style, they could add kilos there too, but mostly they just make you feel secure while lifting which adds a lot of confidence which is important. I'd definitely recommend these shoes to anyone who wants a serious shoe, but not at over 300 bloody dollars delivered. I notice Iron Edge has tons of different colours and sizes of the Nike Romaleos and they end up about $30 cheaper delivered over buying from the US, so that would be my recommendation.

I have the pp2's and are great for snatch and clean and Jerks, raised heal makes a big difference, havents noticed any difference with squats, but for olympic lifting and crossfit they are great shoes

Haven't had any issues with my 40 dollar River shoes yet :) In fact they are awesome and very comfortable. They can smell pretty bad at times tho

have wanted these to bench with for ages, found who had the licensing for aus and the bastards werent selling them anymore. but at 290 i can live without them, looks like the next purchase i make for powerlifting with be metal squat shoes..... after i get my car hahaha

HAve a freind who bought a pair in the states for $140...

Would have to have been used or he 'knows a guy' or something because I haven't seen them anywhere for under $199. Definitely an awesome buy at his price.

have wanted these to bench with for ages, found who had the licensing for aus and the bastards werent selling them anymore. but at 290 i can live without them, looks like the next purchase i make for powerlifting with be metal squat shoes..... after i get my car hahaha

I benched in them a lot, felt kind of silly wearing a 200 dollar WL shoe for benching haha. I actually got to the gym later than I thought once and laced up my shoes, only got my benching in then had to go home because they were closing. I felt like a guy who wears a belt for wrist curls or something.

You guys wear Olympic weightlifting shoes for benching?? Seriously, why?

Do you wear a belt for curls in the squat rack too?

Lots of powerlifters do dude

Yeah, but why? For squats I can understand, but bench pressing?? And dead lifting?

Benching you lay on your back, sure you drive your feet through the floor, but I'd think a shoe without a heal would be better here?

And dead lifting, same again, wouldn't a shoe without a heal be better here?

I'm not saying I disagree with you, just trying to understand

Yeah, but why? For squats I can understand, but bench pressing?? And dead lifting?

Benching you lay on your back, sure you drive your feet through the floor, but I'd think a shoe without a heal would be better here?

They don't for deadlifts, they wear flats!!

But if they did how is it differ from you wearing heels for doing snatch pulls or other variations from the floor

They don't for deadlifts, they wear flats!!

But if they did how is it differ from you wearing heels for doing snatch pulls or other variations from the floor

Then why wear them for benching?

Olympic lifters wear them for the squat component of the lifts, they are a disadvantage in the pulls because it brings your weight forward, but you can't wear flats for the pulls and change shoes in the bottom of your squat, so for the disadvantage in the pulls, they make up for it in the squat

it allows you to get tuck your feet further back and get more arch/leg drive/stability, and keep your feet flat on the ground on the same time.

Some federations rule that your feet must be flat on the ground when you bench, others allow you to come up onto your toes like this:

2011-08-04_11-36-33_415-300x169.jpg

My 40 dollar river shoes are great, i wear them to bed at times.

The nice wide base and cushioning allow for a sable base for me to hoist in the deadlift, bent rowing or squatting exercises

it allows you to get tuck your feet further back and get more arch/leg drive/stability, and keep your feet flat on the ground on the same time.

Some federations rule that your feet must be flat on the ground when you bench, others allow you to come up onto your toes like this:

2011-08-04_11-36-33_415-300x169.jpg

So it's more the ridgity of shoe they are looking for to help keep the foot flat?

My 40 dollar river shoes are great, i wear them to bed at times.

The nice wide base and cushioning allow for a sable base for me to hoist in the deadlift, bent rowing or squatting exercises

Sorry, clip of 800tonne lifts in rivers are not loading...