• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
- GPC (and other untested feds) should have a policy that states the organisation is against the use of PED's, but financial restraints do not allow for this to happen, and have a banned substances list.

Why should they? If you dont test for something why have a list for banned substances...no one is going to follow that.

I still can't fathom why a clean athlete would compete in a non tested fed be it Strongman, powerlifting or bodybuilding. makes no sense to me.

* choice to compete in multiple Feds
* competition
* deadlift only & push pull comps (really don't understand why PA don't have these)
* ability to compete in meets that are actually exciting

Also to those who mentioned PL getting into the Olympics - I think that would actually increase PED use!

anytime anywhere

If my view, a good reason for a clean amateur athlete to avoid.. seriously, If i was competing, it would be a side issue in my life and i would resent the intrusion into my life of a random test outside a meet.

Not everybody who lifts takes this so seriously, as i think has been noted, there are a lot of lifters who will never win, who lift for PB's only...

- If you beleive PA (or any other tested fed/sport) is completely drug free then you are very naive,

Perception is important. A policy may not be totally effective in altering perception, but the absence of a stance on the matter is guaranteed to maintain the current perception.

As Batfink says;

Your bullets [words] cannot harm me, my wings [policies] are like a shield of steel.

Look at mah pecs bro

Rambotoy.jpg

Last edited:
I know how strongly he feels about them.... Thats what the threads are about.

I just asked who he is so I know who Im talking to.
googles public information says
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHYInC5pzf0&feature=plcp]Dreaded 5 x 5 squats - YouTube[/ame]
he has lots of vids showing his face (and guns :p )?

First of all thats not what the post is about. Its questioning the need to have a banned substance list or even testing to raise the profile of the sport, so the sport actually gets somewhere. Whether you like it or not, the masses dont agree with PED use.
where is there for PL to get?
it is not really an exciting sport for what? 99% of the population? 99.9%?
can you imagine filling a stadium with people wanting to watch it, or having 1hr TV coverage?
weightlifting only makes TV during the olympics, and barely at that.

perhaps the masses don't agree with PEDs, but they love the sports where they are rife... wrestling, all the various MMAs, NFL, rugby league, rugby union, AFL, cycling, swimming... probably even tennis...
plenty of popular viewing sports would not be the same without PEDs

do they actively drug test tennis players? or golfers?

Last edited:
did gonzo have guns? :D

anyway, so where is it that PL is not getting to because of PED use?
Why is PL different to all the other popular (and high $$) sports shown on TV with large number of PED users?

did gonzo have guns? :D

anyway, so where is it that PL is not getting to because of PED use?
Why is PL different to all the other popular (and high $$) sports shown on TV with large number of PED users?

Most of the popular sports have clear policies, testing and even education programs. Including Tennis. They protect their future by doing so and have a policy shield that offers them protection in many ways.

Some of the areas that have been mentioned in this discussion, which are affected by policy include

- welfare of the athletes
- perception and status
- legal matters

so.. how do the other sports prosper when PED abuse is rampant?
particularly the highly paid football codes? and baseball...

when does a governing body/association move from just providing a venue for competition, to providing a whole of life care kind of arrangement?
when athletes begine being paid? or become full time professionals?

Last edited:
'perhaps the masses don't agree with PEDs, but they love the sports where they are rife... wrestling, all the various MMAs, NFL, rugby league, rugby union, AFL, cycling, swimming... probably even tennis...
plenty of popular viewing sports would not be the same without PEDs'.

I do not get this statement. All of these sports get tested and that is why more of them are getting caught. Not perfect, but getting better. Some sports still lagging behing others, but societal pressure is increasing on them.

And where is your proof that the majority dont want drug testing?

i don't have proof of course, but given the level of legal and illegal drug use and abuse in our society here (we lead the world on that)... it would be a double standard for the masses to demand PED testing :p
where is your proof that the majority of people in society DO want PED testing in all sports?

so... sports with players on multi million dollar contracts... can't afford to prevent their athletes using PEDs.. but that's ok because they are trying?

do you really think their is society pressure for smaller weaker NFL/NRL players?
why would your average bogan care? they want to see a spectacle.. big guys trying to hurt each other... not little guys actualyl hurting each other because they are weaker..

Come on, do you honestly think players are going to be that much smaller and weaker without drugs. Sure the standard will decline a bit, say maybe 10-15% strength, 3% speed, and 3-5% endurance, but they are still much better athletes than 2 decades ago because training and nutrition methods have improved.

Now take a look at some of the freaks on this site that are clean. Ben Polke has a great bench press of 175kg at 91kg bodyweight.

And for drug guys benching say 220kg plus, they would still bench a lot clean, unless of course they have fucked their endocrine systems from too much use.

While not always specific to sport, there are many surveys done that support greater drug testing. I will see what i can find.

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/20...rts-drug-testing-but-proposal-stalls/akcdevo/

Here is good discussion of pros and cons of drug testing, although again indicating general public support.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/23/s...s-now-test-for-drugs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I just wish they had less intrusive ways of testing beyond urine. Problem is blood testing does not pick up all drugs to same extent.

Last edited:
for athletic sports, it is also (more?) about recovery (just ask our in-house drug cheat 0ni :p) rather than sheer size and strength.

I think it is a noble goal to make all of Australian sport 100% drug abuse free or illegal drug-free (completely drug-free is a different matter).
it would be even better if all people involved in sport had the integrity to not try to gain unfair advantage.. but you can't legislate or test for that :D
Back before testing, it was an issue of trust and integrity.

now everyone is assumed to be a drug cheat, unless tested to be negative... :(

you could do a cost recovery process, ie, get busted, pay $10K for other peoples tests... but that assumes you will have 10% peopleusing AND getting caught..
maybe now is a good time to buy shares in drug testing labs?
Vonfram, are you involved in either the testing process, or the enforcement/formulation of the rules?

Last edited:
Vonfram, are you involved in either the testing process, or the enforcement/formulation of the rules?

At this stage, I cannot make a meaningful contribution to any of those areas due to other commitments. That would by definition make me a bit of a waste of space.

I know how launch signal flares, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.