• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

July Calf Challenge

Yep, definitely! It became second nature after the first week or so.

In fact I'm going to continue doing calf work, alternating between bw singles and bb raises.

I can definitely feel a big difference and I can definitely see increased definition there.

AND it was fun, because you could do whatever you wanted to do and mix it up.

Push ups are going to suck arse.

Just sayin.

Excellent. I think a happy medium would be 3-4,times per week though.

Quick snap at work, I reckon I did good. sorry bout the size, uploaded on phone... bored much..

1343748669704.jpg

strong definition brad! Will be interesting to see your before and afters along side eachother! You had pretty good calves to begin with lol

I carried this on today and will probably continue doing calf work most days tbh

50kg seated calf raises 5 x 20

:(

NOT READING THRU 43 PAGES
so - quick recap of the exercises you guys used to be successful as I am doing calves in August :)

NOT READING THRU 43 PAGES
so - quick recap of the exercises you guys used to be successful as I am doing calves in August :)

My favourite was bodyweight doubles on a really high block. I made a custom block out of 100mm pine that I had in the shed.

Little rest time between sets, maximum range if motion.

I tensed as hard as possible in original, but I'm wearing socks so it makes my leg look stockier + better lighting.

I will take some in the same position as originals when I have time after I get around to it.

I will blow up the original also

So after the whole month, nobody posted up before and afters? Except for Bella's, but the lighting is not the same.

Nobody took any measurements either?

What was the point of doing the challenge lol

So after the whole month, nobody posted up before and afters? Except for Bella's, but the lighting is not the same.

Nobody took any measurements either?

What was the point of doing the challenge lol

Nobody took measurements....i must be on your ignore list, interesting.

Im assuming you just missed my post I was up 1cm at the end of the month and have maintained said 1cm. I was down about .5- 1kg at the end of the month as well. The 1cm would have just been noob gains though.

Nobody took measurements....i must be on your ignore list, interesting.

Im assuming you just missed my post I was up 1cm at the end of the month and have maintained said 1cm. I was down about .5- 1kg at the end of the month as well. The 1cm would have just been noob gains though.

Whoops just saw that.

Would be good if more people had posted photos and or measurements. Preferably both. Before and after of course.

I think there's something to it though, training calves 3-4 times a week and just doing a bodyweight set here and there.during the day or whenever

Whoops just saw that.

Would be good if more people had posted photos and or measurements. Preferably both. Before and after of course.

I'd say most people took photos but didn't post it up because a) cbf b) saw no visual changes so cbf c) calves got so big they couldn't fit in the picture

lol I did take others in brighter light, but forgot to put them up at the time and no one else posted in here so I figured I'd just leave it.

It definitely worked for me though, I saw a noticeable difference, so I still do the calf raises, whether weighted or bw - I just make sure I hit them every day.

Will look through my phone and see if I can find the ones taken in better light.

Why hasn't anyone else posted pictures???

I forgot to take pics.
Visually though I can't see real changes although calorie deficit wouldn't have helped.
I must say though by the 3rd week I wasn't getting anymore DOMS which is rare for calves.

I was working stupid hours, I took the ones at work.

I could have taken some in the same light, still probably can, I have only trained calves like twice this month...

but I do think I got results, so did some of my mates.