• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rapid Fat Loss diet by Lyle McDonald

Lyle only lists peas, corn and carrots as "not allowed veges", can sweet potato be included in this diet?
Looking to give it a crack to drop some fat prior to Dexa.

Lyle only lists peas, corn and carrots as "not allowed veges", can sweet potato be included in this diet?

I doubt it... I would have thought there'd be to many carbs in sweet potato..

I'll wait and see what others say???

sounds like a brilliant idea. what veggies are allowed?

better yet, what foods are off limits? going to do an 8 day blitz pre DEXA myself.

You can get away with sweet potatoe, but to be honest, rapid fat loss is quite brutal so I would avoid it if you want to do it 100%. If you're doing to nut it out, stick with green fibrous veg as much as possible. Unfortunately you're cutting hard on this diet. It does work very well, but is not sustainable. I am trying to write a bit on it now.. geh!

Viv, Keto is killing me without veges, and all you can eat veges is really like able right now.
Plus it will clear my flu hopefully!

I read Lyle's booklet, made notes and I think it's quite achievable.
I really really want sweet potato! But I think the veges need to have high fibre content for the "all you can eat" to work!

Viv, Keto is killing me without veges, and all you can eat veges is really like able right now.
Plus it will clear my flu hopefully!

I read Lyle's booklet, made notes and I think it's quite achievable.
I really really want sweet potato! But I think the veges need to have high fibre content for the "all you can eat" to work!

What about brussel sprouts?

yep and my prob is I can't really have brussel sprouts, cabbage etc.
I'm guessing broccoli is allowed. I'd have to have them in small amounts so I don't get GI probs too, Deep.

I'm actually wondering if his book The Stubborn Fat Solution might not be more appropriate for some of us. ie not carrying a lot of fat but looking to lose some more.

What about his Ultimate Diet?
I know JZ did this and it wasn't easy. I doubt any of these diets are sustainable but they get a result you can then modify to maintain.

I could easily stick it out with a tough regime for a couple of weeks.

Its too early for me to cut for summer and i want to do a cycle of ppp on maintenance Cal's.
A nice fat drop would be nice before Dexa :)
Broccoli is allowed, might google.

Definitely not sustainable!

I would guess not deep. Whole point of the diet is be low carb and sweet potatoes have heaps. Happy to hear differently from JZ or whoever.

Alfalfa Sprouts
Artichoke Hearts
Arugula
Asparagus
Bamboo Shoots
Bean Sprouts
Beet Greens
Bok Choy
Broccoli
Brussels Sprouts
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Celery
Celery Root
Chard
Chicory
Chives
Collard Greens
Cucumber
Dandelion Greens
Eggplant
Endive
Escarole
Fennel
Green beans
Hearts of Palm
Jicama
Kale
Kohlrabi
Leeks
Lettuce
Mache
Millie lettuce
Mushrooms
Okra
Onion
Parsley
Peppers
Radicchio
Radishes
Rhubarb
Sauerkraut
Scallions
Snow Pea Pods
Sorrel
Spaghetti
Squash
Spinach
String beans
Summer
Squash
Tomato
Water Chestnuts
Wax beans
Zucchini

No sweet potato :(

Last edited:
Alfalfa Sprouts Artichoke Hearts Arugula Asparagus Bamboo Shoots Bean Sprouts Beet Greens Bok Choy Broccoli Brussels Sprouts Cabbage Cauliflower Celery Celery Root Chard Chicory Chives Collard Greens Cucumber Dandelion Greens Eggplant Endive Escarole Fennel Green beans Hearts of Palm Jicama Kale Kohlrabi Leeks Lettuce Mache Millie lettuce Mushrooms Okra Onion Parsley Peppers Radicchio Radishes Rhubarb Sauerkraut Scallions Snow Pea Pods Sorrel Spaghetti Squash Spinach String beans Summer Squash Water Chestnuts Wax beans Zucchini

No sweet potato :(

haha I'm not allowed to eat more than half of that list due to my food intol. :eek:

better ways exist.... might just go low carb/keto for a bit

That's correct. Fibrous veggies only. I pretty much stick to cabbage & konnyaku noodles to go with my meat. And then big salad bowls (with nothing much but lettuce) and lemon juice & bacon salt. Quite tasty actually.

haha I'm not allowed to eat more than half of that list due to my food intol. :eek:

better ways exist.... might just go low carb/keto for a bit

That's basically what it is but a bit more extreme. Low carb and low fat, hence the very short amount of time to do it.

Keto makes my skin oily but so easy to prepare!
Would be interested to see your Keto concoctions Viv!

OT: I bought new baking trays today too ;)

Keto makes my skin oily but so easy to prepare!
Would be interested to see your Keto concoctions Viv!

OT: I bought new baking trays today too ;)

lol some of my food is already pretty much keto. some days I just go into carb avoidance to avoid the bloat...
lots of fish (tuna, salmon, mackerel, prawns, etc), eggs, and green veg or salad, some fats, maybe chicken
limiting nuts is always hard ;)

oooh baking trays...happy days....

i'm planning to make icecream tomorrow night. the proper stuff.
black forest. sour cherries, chocolate, cream ... kirsch...
that's the plan!
then I'll take photos and feed it to my dad while I have protein pudding :D

Yummmmo! I love black forest everything!
Boring basic brownies for me tomorrow, for my husbands work mates!

That's correct. Fibrous veggies only. I pretty much stick to cabbage & konnyaku noodles to go with my meat. And then big salad bowls (with nothing much but lettuce) and lemon juice & bacon salt. Quite tasty actually.

Completely missed this post!
Thanks JZ!
Did you have soft drink or skip it?