• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

Yeah sure is. Will be interested to see how it goes for you being previously resistant to it.

I'll post up results. I'm still on calorie deficit and losing strength. If it helps me maintain strength and add some vascularity I'll be happy.

Please do, i've got nothing at all against the mono i've got but if you're getting some decent results using it l might give it a crack as well.

I don't think you're meant to load any type of creatine. Oni posted a graph on it that made more sense that l will spitting garbage out about it.

I remember seeing the graph. Results after 4 weeks were the same. Loading just worked quicker.

l thought it showed that after you loaded the creatine had less of an effect throught the other 3 weeks. I'll try and dig up said graph.

Edit* Can't find said graph in oni's posts.

Last edited:
You mean he posted something worthwhile? :p

And I agree. Loading is pointless

I'm curious how you tell if you're one of the 'resistant' people though. What would you measure it by and after what timeframe?

l thought it showed that after you loaded the creatine had less of an effect throught the other 3 weeks. I'll try and dig up said graph.

Edit* Can't find said graph in oni's posts.
I think you are right now you mention it, it started declining by the end of the 4 weeks.

You mean he posted something worthwhile? :p

And I agree. Loading is pointless

I'm curious how you tell if you're one of the 'resistant' people though. What would you measure it by and after what timeframe?

I noticed it by the end of the first week, i stacked it with jacked at each workout.
I believe it will be worthwhile to run the first full 4 weeks to find out if you are resistant.
Interested to know how Shrek found out.

from a science nerd point of view....

for the person in the graph, 2g is maintenance dose.

at 3g/day (1g above maintenance), it took at least 28 days (probably 30-32) to reach saturation.
thats an extra 28-30 grams above maintenance to reach saturation.

20g for 6 days (120grams) definitely reached saturation.
But 20g/day might have reached saturation after only 2 days (ie, 40grams)

i'd suggest a hypothesis (based on that graph) that 4g/day (2g extra) would reach saturation after 2 weeks, 5g per day after 1-2 weeks....

saw a study last night that said CM is 100% absorbed, except for th ebits broken down by acid in the gut before being absorbed.

con-creat is C-HCl, and when it dissolves in 4-6oz water, the pH is 2 (similar to gut) but is stable for 60 days...
that suggests that when swallowed, and it dissolves in the stomach, it will be more or less at equilibrium with the stomach pH, and not be broken down, allowing a higher % of it left to be absorbed, compared to CM...

maybe thats why 1.5g/100kg of C-HCl is enough compared to 2-3g/100kg for CM??
that whole "microdose" thing is probably just to do with the below graph.. only need to take a little bit extra to achieve saturation relatively quickly)

edit, graph made into sensible size... can't upload to forum as permanent image tho? please save to your PC if you want to keep.
creatinegraph.png

Last edited:
Just ordered mine through bulk nutrients... Yay
At 5 grams/day... this 1 kilo should last me 200 days???
Lol

Any info on how it keeps/stores??

Last edited:
Just ordered mine through bulk nutrients... Yay
At 5 grams/day... this 1 kilo should last me 200 days???
Lol

Any info on how it keeps/stores??

Just make sure you keep it sealed well and you'll have no probs....

P.s change your dp plz

hi,

Great thread you got here, I did read this the other day.

Do not take Creatine in conjunction with caffeine due to its inhibiting effect. Always take Creatine on an empty stomach.

Is that so? Any thoughts?

I stack Creatine with Jacked and having great results, Jacked has about as much caffeine as a RedBull.
I find this myth busted......
Creatine on an empty stomach burns my insides...... I take it with water as advised on the bottle with my PWO protein.

I stack Creatine with Jacked and having great results, Jacked has about as much caffeine as a RedBull.
I find this myth busted......
Creatine on an empty stomach burns my insides...... I take it with water as advised on the bottle with my PWO protein.

Doesnt jack3d have about 200mg of caffeine per serve where a redbull has like 80-90mg??

First day yesterday, loading 20g/day
Constipated as though i was dehydrated - perhaps the water is going to my muscles instead.... too early to tell, will 'up' my water intake
BN are a great company, will be using them from now on

First day yesterday, loading 20g/day
Constipated as though i was dehydrated - perhaps the water is going to my muscles instead.... too early to tell, will 'up' my water intake
BN are a great company, will be using them from now on

You do know you dont have to "load" creatine mono mate...