• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
izzy is terrible in defence but they ignore that for the tries he scores.

aus are shit and this is clearly not going to change

I guess with Izzy and defence I was more talking about his positional play in terms of receiving tactical kicks, can't comment on his tackling as I can't actually recall this happening (which may say something). Terrible I think is a little too far, but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Certainly can't argue your second point, lol. Damn it hurts...

yeh his tackling, or lack of, was what i was refering to.

atleast cricket season is here now..we can forget the pain till next year

Europe Tour coming up so maybe more pain to endure, can you imagine the licking of lips being done after seeing what the Argentinian scrum did to the Wallaby's.

And whilst we're at it, put Skelton on sooner !

i'm honestly past caring...NRL atleast aus is good at that and its exciting!

deffo in the mood for some cricket now though, a summer of watching mitchel johnston smashing stumps

JOC is still playing? I thought his head got so big he struggles to stand up.

Haha - Yea mate plays for Toulon currently and sided with the QLD Reds about 3 weeks ago for 2015

Not a huge fan but prob a better option at Fullback than Folau - then stick Folau on the wing.

SBW would be playing ITM/NPC tomorrow also - will be interesting to see how he goes - will def be playing V USA in afew weeks - but possibly could be playing Australia in 2 weeks time. Also Rene Ranger is coming back from overseas to New Zealand - so the def just keeps getting great for the All Blacks.

The Wallabies are simply an end product of a whole line of lack of development - that really started back when the professional game came about - we really just cruzed into the professional era - basing everything mostly on natural talent - really comps like the NRC should of been started back in 1994/1995 - Not sure where to start with Rugby Union in Australia and how to improve it - we will always get a lucky win here and there - more so because the other team didn't well - but I can not remember the last time the Wallabies bullied/dominated a side to get a win.

The current batch of Wallabies - some are good, then alot are not upto the International tasks but we have no1 else to cover - and its at the point of do you stick with what you have and try and build, or are these players simply not good enough and you just need a total re-raffle and just bring in some random players to try and spark something - currently the only players I would pick to be in my international side are Hooper and Kuridrani and even then they wouldn't make the 1st XV.

Melbourne seem to be doing in right in regards to development and their NRC Team are totally running wild in the NRC - maybe the ARU need to have a look at want the Vic Rugby Union are doing and follow that model....other than that I have no idea what to do about the Wallabies/Union in Australia - the NRC is a good step forward - but even then local players are being ignored contract wise by the Super Rugby sides and they are still bringing in players from South Africa, New Zealand.

for starters need to be able to pick over seas players. when u can barely fill the spots you dont hve the luxury of such a policy. we arnt the all blacks with 3 world class players ready to take each spot

for starters need to be able to pick over seas players. when u can barely fill the spots you dont hve the luxury of such a policy. we arnt the all blacks with 3 world class players ready to take each spot

I don't that will make much difference to be honest mate - and yes its great to have that luxury but before we go down that road we need to fix rugby at home 1st - lets be honest All Blacks don't pick players from overseas - the only TOP nations that do are England (this makes sense do to geographical location - i.e Wales/France/Ireland/Scotland etc - and South Africa.

We need to fix rugby here 1st and nail down why players are leaving in the 1st place.

I do agree though - would be great to have the luxury...

Real catch-22 if players are leaving for financial reasons - ARU are lineball bankrupt and when Wallaby's play uninspiring rugby and/or getting smashed regularly, like all sports you start to lose your fan base coming through the turn styles and parting with their hard earned. Can't match overseas pay packets - Matt Gittoe is raking it in in France, I think recently turned down a +$1 million deal. I can understand people at the sunset time of their careers looking to set themselves up but in a small pool of players like Australia, all that experience leaving creates a vacuum that can't be filled with local talent. And the Super Rugby franchises are in the same boat in terms of finances so will actively see potentially more highly talented Japies or Kiwis if it provides a better chance of on-field success (and therefore their own viability).

I don't that will make much difference to be honest mate - and yes its great to have that luxury but before we go down that road we need to fix rugby at home 1st - lets be honest All Blacks don't pick players from overseas - the only TOP nations that do are England (this makes sense do to geographical location - i.e Wales/France/Ireland/Scotland etc - and South Africa.

We need to fix rugby here 1st and nail down why players are leaving in the 1st place.

I do agree though - would be great to have the luxury...

but if players can go to france etc it would probably improve there rugby alot, few seasons in europe and a few in super rugby..while being able to be picked for wallabies the whole time

but if players can go to france etc it would probably improve there rugby alot, few seasons in europe and a few in super rugby..while being able to be picked for wallabies the whole time

Yea prob will make them better - I guess - but its more the development at schoolboy/grassroots/when they are going into senior level that is lacking....

I agree we should be able to pick players from overseas (to a limit) - but I believe that needs to be implemented once they have strengthened rugby within Australia 1st - but if they don't there wont even be players to go overseas to be selected for the Wallabies in the 1st place lol...

You will find a fairly high % of Aus players go over-seas because they don't get the chances in Australia - Super Rugby clubs either look outside their local area or overseas to fill in the gaps to make up their squads - Its not like New Zealand for example where players are forced overseas due to 2 many numbers/to much competition - its simply that Aus players alot of the time are not given the chance in their own local areas/country - and if your a decent player why not go over to Italy or France? If 1. the money is better and 2. You have a better chance to play top level rugby overseas....

Its all a huge cluster fuck at the moment...

Pretty stupid - you wonder how these guys don't understand how good they have it - yes it is "hard" being an athlete but would beat sitting at a desk all day or layin bricks.....

Exactly.. And you know you have a limited timespan make as much hay as you can while the sun shines.