• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

xfit appreciation thread

Not at all. Wingman just said he did 5/3/1 and condition at a crossfit gym. Lol. that is a 5/3/1 workout with condition. How can you clam that is a crossfit workout.

because it's at a crossfit gym!

makes it elite ;)

Grah - you really need to start a westside conjugate crossfit gym.

ME movement
DE movement
conditioning

and the exercises picked by rolling a pair of dice!

Finally someone who gets it. I did exactly the same thing. The crossfit gym i went to had me on 5/3/1 and then HIIT/Conditioning stuff like that too.

Crossfit is just a brand name. We've been doing this stuff well before crossfit was incorporated.

Sounds like 5/3/1 to me as Wendler states you should be doing some conditioning. That is not CrossFit in it's original form, it is a trainer using CrossFit as a marketing tool and then actually giving better training like he should. CrossFit is, as from the website, the same workout for everyone yet scaled in intensity. You can not just go and call everything CrossFit because the gym labels themselves mainly as a CrossFit gym.

People hate on crossfit after seeing this vid isn't very fair, it isnt crossfit. It's non strong people trying to do a strongman event. Hate on strongman instead.

No, that's a crossfit club trying kill its members by getting them to do complex and dangerous strongman lifts. I will remain hating on crossfit because this is another core gripe of mine. Limited technique training or progression for dangerous lifts.

No, that's a crossfit club trying kill its members by getting them to do complex and dangerous strongman lifts. I will remain hating on crossfit because this is another core gripe of mine. Limited technique training or progression for dangerous lifts.
The technique is trained, it is up to the coach/client to ensure the exercise is stopped/corrected when form goes, unfortunately everyone writes crossfit off as bad form because as I mentioned before, coaches just want to see their client push through every high repetition and onto the next client. This is how it got it bad reputation.
There absolutely IS progression in lifts, if a client starts Thrusters with just a 15kg bar, in 4 months time they shouldn't be doing any, less than 30kgs. I personally went from 15 - 40kgs in a little over three months....

People are scared of crossfit, if its too hard then then its not for you.
Respect those who wish to perform in the sport...

This thread has just gone stupid now....

It was stupid from the start. CrossFit has some good ideas and poor execution. Good coaches make it good, bad make it bad. The problem is if you market something and allow shit like what happens then you need to expect a poor image.

It get people fit and lifting so it deserves a name.

I've been following crossfit's progression for a long time and although I've never done it I have a fair idea of what its about and how its performed. I am aware that there are good coaches who have transformed the original mess into something useful and progressive and safe, but I'm also aware that for every good coach there are 20 retards in their $1000 t-shirts who have just jumped on the bandwagon out of zealotry or greed.

Technically I perform "crossfit" in my training, although I've personally always referred to it as conditioning complexes, something I started doing well before some fat egomaniacal fuck decide to label it and market it.

I like exercise, I like that crossfit has got a lot of people under the bar and into the gym, I like that it gets you fit and ripped, I like that it makes chicks hot, etc.

But...
It attracts douchebags who are just looking for the next hip gimmick
It is in general poorly structured
Its all about the money
It claims to create elite athletes, it does not, it has elite athletes join who become elite crossfitters, no elite crossfitter has made a crossover into another sport just through training crossfit
It chews up and spits out good coaches and experts
It has kipping chin-ups!!!

Do you understand my distaste for it now?