• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What to do to improve posture

mosikiw

I noticed in the gym today that I have awful, slouched over posture and my shoulders droop forward.... Apparently I always have had crappy posture according to my mother. What posture exercises should I be doing to improve my posture and help pull me more upright?? If I consciously try to be more upright I get fatigued and slouch again...

Having good posture is the need of the hour. It enhances your confidence. There are many ways through which you can improve your posture and get a better physique. I’d recommend Yoga. It contains a lot of healthy benefits that can ultimately help you in getting good body posture.
Try some yoga exercises in order to get fitness.
Some yoga poses like Cow pose, Downward facing dog pose, Plank pose, Sphinx pose, Bridge pose and many more help you in accomplishing your goals.
Seated Low Row, Side Planks would also be the consideration. Try some of them and show some consistency towards your workout routine.
Best Of Luck!

To improve posture! Mmm, it’s a case of more of what not to do than what to do.

The human body and the chair (irrespective of what chair/couch/lounge) it is, were not designed for one another.

If you want your spine to love ❤️ you, make the floor your “chair” of choice whenever possible. Why is that and how does that help the spine through proper posture?

It’s the myriad of different positions you can get into whilst sitting on the floor, that saves your spine from injury.

Let’s make this fun, seriously, something you can share with your mates. Ask the following question/s: is walking good for the spine? How about sitting? Standing? Lying down? Have we covered everything, as far as something people do day in and day out? Ok then, what’s your answer?

My answer is, none of the above is going to make your spine jump with joy! What do you mean, what’s left to do then? When it comes to your spine, it’s not a case of what to do or what not to do, rather, it’s a case of “how”. I mean it’s all in the timing. Don’t believe me? Okie dokie, try this experiment. Stand … keep standing … now the thought of torture might start to cross your mind, and you might give all of your fortune just to be allowed to sit down.

Let’s reverse the game. Sit … keep sitting … stay sitting. I think you get the picture now. So it’s not the sitting standing lying down or walking that is the problem, it the act of PROLONGING whatever you choose to do that could turn the innocent into the guilty party.

Now you understand why I recommended sitting on the floor whenever possible. It’s because of the million different positions you can get into, preventing your muscles from getting tight from being stuck into one position for a prolonged period of time.

Are you still here 😊!