• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Vanity vs Numbers

I thought gaining muscle is all about training for str?

Altho i see high school kids in the gym that are ripped and have veiny biceps a 6 pack ripped chest but there weak as piss

Partly but look at super strong lightweight liters. They sure are muscular and strong but not huge.

If you train hard and get strong you will get big and look great, maybe not dedicated BB great, but still better than the majority of the population.

I personally love smashing PBs, and the feeling when the nancy boys at gym are haveing a flex in the mirror after they pull 8okg of the ground, and talking each other up,......quietly I sit there thinking what tha, and go pull my 160 for a triple, feels good!

Lets face it everybody wants to look good its just some people prioritise things before looking good for example putting strength before looking good. For me i want to look good and be able to lift heavy shit.

Vanity for sure, Id like to have the looks and be stronger than I look but if I had to choose one Id go for the looks hands down.

More interested in strength at the moment. But i i said i didnt want to look good, i'd be lying.

PPl who say they dont care about looking good, all about how strong you are etc are just lazy ppl who dont wanna do the work.

Everyone has different ideas about what looking good is, the pumped up steroid user look makes most "ordinary" people gag but most people want to look fit and feel stronger than they otherwise would be.
I think some people into lifting weights get caught up in the addiction of getting huge in the first few yrs after they first take it up but flogging yourself to death for the sake of vanity wears thin after awhile and you end up just doing it for enjoyment and to keep fit.
Thats the humble opinion of a an old fella anyway :)

Last edited:
I want both... strength and vanity. However, i have been quite solid over the last two years (including too much body fat), vanity has taken a higher priority leading up to summer. I am still lifting as heavy as possible though while burning as much body fat as possible.

PPl who say they dont care about looking good, all about how strong you are etc are just lazy ppl who dont wanna do the work.

Or people who actually train for strength sports & don't just take roids & do bicep curls & work chest to look good at festivals...

You better tell Big Z, Benni & Andy Bolton that they are lazy

Last edited:
Or people who actually train for strength sports & don't just take roids & do bicep curls & work chest to look good at festivals...

What this bloke said.

Personally I'd rather be strong and hit new pb's than training for the mirror. A new pb gives me more satisfaction than having big biceps or a 6 pack.

They dont have to look like they do to be as strong as they are...in some regards yes they are lazy - they dont give a shit about their health or how they look....u dont need to be hugely over-weight to be strong...look at Matt Kroc and Stan Efferding.

You do know everyone you mentioned takes steroids right? lol...