• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Do you know theres a NFL version of crossfit? It's written by a 10 year veteran player of the NFL and targeted at NFL players. He says its basically the same training the S&C coaches had them doing in their offseason. He's a cool guy and extremely smart on the programming (which makes it very unlike crossfit in that sense) - only thing stopping me from following it is I don't have a home gym - it'd be too difficult to follow at a commercial gym. And the existing crossfit gyms only let ya run their own (bad) program :(

The main things people usually complain about in relation to crossfit are obscure funky movements, lack of progression and high rep crap - his program avoids all 3 of those :)

Nope first ive heard of one for NFL.
But then again how can u train for NFL through when there is no such thing as programming or structure in alot of these xfitt gyms where u could be doing 50 reps of deadlifts one day then 40 reps of something else with little progression in terms of weights and so-so form?

Nope first ive heard of one for NFL.
But then again how can u train for NFL through when there is no such thing as programming or structure in alot of these xfitt gyms where u could be doing 50 reps of deadlifts one day then 40 reps of something else with little progression in terms of weights and so-so form?

Thats exactly the point of the last line of the post you quoted.

Guy doing 82.5kg preacher curl with his mate lifting bar as well.

Then also did triceps dips(on 2 benches) with 120kg on legs. Depth was parallel.

The main things people usually complain about in relation to crossfit are obscure funky movements, lack of progression and high rep crap - his program avoids all 3 of those :)

So its obviously not crossfit then.

Last edited:
Lol at crossfit programming.

I went to a crossfit gym once(try everything once :p )
Had me do a deadlift/pushup workout.
21-15-9 of both no rest.
DL weight was 100kg...
I questioned the volume on the deadlifts and they just replied with "as long as you keep form its all good"
...? How does one who has a max pu of 140 keep form for 45 reps?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Never done cross fit, not exactly sure how they structure their workouts, it all looks like its a bit all over the place. Main thing that concerns me is getting hurt doing it, by the sounds of what some of you guys have written, it seems a bit dodgy TBH.
But I wonder if it comes down to the coach, if you had a good one that was structuring the workouts properly and keeping an eye on your progression by writing it down etc. Would be a great cardiovascular workout if structured properly, but than again I have no real idea with how cross fit works except from an internet gurus perspective LOL. One thing that does make e laugh is those kipping pull-ups bwahahaa, they look so bloody stupid, but than again if you wanted a cardio workout doing pull-ups I guess kipping would do that for you.

I once did a 400 workout
100 body weight squats
100 pull ups
100 push ups
100 sit ups
In that order....

Another time I did 30 70kg deadlifts, 30 bodyweight chins, 30 16kg kettebell overhead swings, 3sets of this. This was the worst workout ever.....

@ Mideon, then the coach you went to was an idiot. If your max is 140 he should have used less than 100 for your workout.

@ Deep, both of those workouts are dumb and thats why crossfit has a bad name :(

@ Rambodian, thats exactly right mate. Does come down to the coach. Unfortunately, majority are bad and program things like Deep mentioned. I've been to a couple of the ones in Perth, one was better than the other, but neither really fit my goals. Then I discovered theres a version of it written by NFL players for NFL players and it has good structure/template to it aimed at progressing strength, speed and power.

You see the thing is, crossfit gyms want to have clients right? Any business in any industry does. In Australia particularly, the main way they can get clients is to appeal to mums who want to lose weight as this is the biggest market segment here. Unfortunately (since we dont have the same love for sports, or school sports scholarships) we don't have the strength/athlete type focus gyms that the US has.

PTC is pretty similar to some of the crossfit places in the US, even though they'd hate to admit it. They run a strength program for their clients and then do some conditioning work. There's nothing genius about that; crossfit is just a brand name.

Make sense now?

Saw some asian guy shoulder pressing 5kg DBs, after about 8 reps his left tri gave out half way up and one of the dumbells cracked him in the top of the head. Gotta start somewhere I suppose.

Im assuming wingman does crossfit?

I don't get why people get so defensive over what they do training wise. If you wan't to wack off in a corner 5 days a week, power to you but don't spread it everywhere that it's the best thing ever and everyone else who doesn't do the same is wasting their time.