• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah top work scotty.

At what point do most trainees require a belt? I still dont use one for anything.

I haven't used a belt to deadlift since I stopped doing sumo 18 months ago.

I figure if I can pull 300+ with out one, I probably don't need one.

I never go past 180kg squats without one though, or 200-220kg without my knee wraps.

Nice. I figure i need to start using on squats...but i cant see a need to ever use one deadlifts personally either...never had an issus staying tight in deadlifts, squat mastery still evades me.

I was going to go 100% raw for nationals but decided to belt up on squats.
Pulled 215kg in competition with a belt and deadlift bar, pulled 200kg the week after with no belt and a stiff bar so there isn't really a lot in it. The bar does lift off the floor faster with the belt though, I can push out against it right on the lift off and I feel my obliques helping more

I don't really understand why you would forgo knee wraps at a National competition, save that for States and/or Novice comps.

My 2c.

The pain in my left foot i get from them is a turn off lol. But i can handle it for nats. Only three lifts a warm up or two with them eh.

The way they feel, or the fact you don't think it's raw? Just genuinely interested.

I just think that they are extraneous to my development as an athlete and I'm fed up of the bullshit with them. I get 5kg from my year old 2m Z's that I wrap myself. I was told that if I got brand new 2.5m and got other people to wrap them I could get an extra 15kg from wraps. I just think "why".
I don't like the idea of depending on external factors for my success. Maybe when I am stronger and will have my own team of people like the guys at PTC do and I can have all these things done for me in training as well things will change.

They are also really uncomfortable

I get 30kg out of them and a belt (wrapping myself), i see your point, but why not just compete in them and leave them mostly out of your training?

Just my opinion, i just think if they are allowed, why not use them.

No one needs to lift with any help. They choose to. Oni is choosing not to...i see no issue at all.

I get probably 10kg maybe more out of deadlifting with a belt but I never really train with one. Have done 270 without a belt.

I don't like knee wraps either. Not the pain, its not that bad anyway, its more I just can't be stuffed wrapping myself in training.