• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

I think it was Rippetoe's warmup that I still use today.

50% work weight for 12 reps
50% work weight for 10 reps
70% work weight for 6 reps
90% work weight for 2-3 reps

Then work for 3 sets of 8 at work weight.

But now I'm doing PPP I still use much the same sort of warmup. I start at 50% for 12 and 10 reps then ease up towards work weight for 6 then 3 just shy then go for it at work weight. If its a big weight low rep working set straight off then I skip the 2-3 reps pre-work set.

Cheers,
Mike

Not real practical Mike.

Nick would need to use 135kg as a deadlift warmup for 10 reps.

It may work for novices, but thats too high a start for stronger guys.

Makes sense Markos. It was Rippetoe's "starting strength" warmup so aimed at novices.

I warmed up with 12 reps at 60kg for PPP bench last night and then worked hard to do all my 5 rep worksets for week 2 starting at only 75kg. I'm going to lighten my warmups a bit now so I've still got enough in the tank for the work sets.

And, yes, I shouldn't have been starting at 60kg for 12 reps but felt strong walking in the door. I dropped it back to 40kg (almost 50% of work) and then did another 10 reps before inching back towards 75kg to start.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
On my deadlift 1rm i went
5 @ 70
5 @ 100
3 @ 140
2 @ 170
1 @ 190
1 @ 200
1 @ 205

On a bench 1rm i went
8 @ 50
5 @ 70
2 @ 85
1 @ 95
1 @ 102.5
1 @ 107.5

I prefer more warm up sets with a lesser difference in weights apposed to only a few warm ups with bigger jumps in weight.
I have tried both ways, and failed on less weight with the bigger jumps. Too much of a shock for my body i think.
But thats just me

Markos, next week I will finish my 100kg bench cycle.

I'll still have 3 weeks to go on the squat cycle.

Do I:

Take two weeks off from benching and then get stuck into the next cycle, or wait until I've finished the squat cycle, take two weeks off and start the new cycles simultaneously?

Ben,

My vote's the former. Just take two weeks off from bench before you cycle bench again. You can still do a chest workout doing whatever you want, just a break from PPP.

All three of my cycles are out of whack because I hit my targets early in some and went back to start over on a different cycle. means I'm at week 6 on one PPP whilst on week 1 of another. I doubt they'll ever be in perfect alignment chugging along nicely together.

Cheers,
Mike

I'd start benching again. This depends on how easy you got through your first cycle though.

If it was really hard, take a week of and do a lot of DB benching in the higher rep range. If it was comfortable, get stuck in.

M, are you getting problems with people getting too strong? :p
I haven't deadlifted heavy since states (195kg) and today I got through the PPP workset easy. So I decided to go for a pb @ 210kg. And pulled it easy. So I decided to try and pull 220kg, and pulled it...... Kinda (see log to define kinda lol)
I've only completed week 6. I made my 11week goal in 6, which was +15kg.

Should I stay on 220 and try and get a great pull at the end, or go up to the 230 cycle?
Posted via Mobile Device

Cheers mate :)
I'm not calling that 220 a succsesfull lift though. It was horrid!
I'm still happy with a 210 deadlift :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Good work, I've seen it quite a bit now. Gareth just pulled 200kg, he becomes lifter 52 to do it at PTC.

I'd stick with the 220kg program, it can always be your opener at the Nats.

220 does not mean ultimate lift at the end of 11 weeks.

Training Based on Beltlessness - Page 3 - Starting Strength Forums

I got this sent to me by a guy on ns.com

How f u c k i n g moronic. A Zang Khong powerlifting bar. He is a mental midget. ZK make IWF certified bars. They are for weightlifting. Should I apologize for buying the best equipment for my lifters?

Its the least I could do, seeing how I charge SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for a session. I have clients who are PTs that charge over triple.

Look, if your vagina gets bruised because a kid can outlift you without a belt, your going to attack. I'm used to it. Moronic statements made by uneducated twats.

If you play with cars or lift weights, thats going to be your demographic, moronic twats.

I really dont know what else I can do.

we were first criticized because we lifted without belts. We showed how strong we were, so they said our lifts were gym lifts, not in competitions. So we left our gym and competed. We won 3 of the 4 categories, set 53 National Records, but still they hate. So I sell my programs for a measly $20, when I know guys in the States charge $200 an hour for a phone call, minimum 1 hour.

The guys buying these programs, who have never visited PTC, start smashing PB's. Still not enough. So we'll go to our National Titles followed by the Worlds.

I can guarantee we will still have haters. If they hate because I buy the best equipment, I have no hope.

Bradaust
user_offline.gif

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdirk
PS: I generally Hate Australia, having worked for 2 companies from there: SOLA Optical and Fosters

Useful information - thanks buddy.

Im at about 110kgs Sqaut so thinking about getting a belt aswell, would be interested to know how your progress goes after adding the belt.

Markos the guy is squatting 110kg he knows his shit better shut the garage :eek:

Oh im going to have to join up to the circus!

..wait scratch that its a riptoe dick sucking forum for novices..

Last edited: