• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC LIfting workshops

Bench comp is on Sunday 26th, will still be a workshop on Sat 25th (for the squat).

Yep i guessed a much.... Ill still be sitting on the couch eating cheesburgers that Saturday...

The following weekend you can hand double demerits on the prowler...

Incidently... Where was the conditioning work last weekend????

As in @ the deadlift workshop? No one was game :p

Daniel did some prowler pushes but after 3 runs realised his mistake

Karens' double bodyweight pull:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxzYpI9h9WE]Karen hits double bodyweight - 105kg - YouTube[/ame]

Unfortunately the video of Lees' 150kg cuts out around halfway through, dunno what's up there.

great lifting by both karen and lee.
karne just needs a bit more work on technique as her ass is coming up too early. But still not a bad effort considering she is now in capable coaching hands and should only get better.

In recent news the next session will involve a special appearance by Trent and a talk on what to do when a car trailer comes at you whilst riding your bike. Very informative session, you should not miss. Comes with pics and a live showing.

Technique workshop 25.2.12

What: Squat workshop
When: 25.2.12 @ 11am
Where: PTC Sydney: Unit 2, 41-43 Day St North, Silverwater
Cost: Non-members $20

Workshops limited to EIGHT participants. Please reserve a spot by attending the event and commenting +1.

If you are bringing a friend/s, you may indicate this using +2 etc.

Event page: Technique Workshop: Squat (Saturday) | Facebook

There will not be a Sunday workshop due to the bench competition (all welcome! Entry fee for comp $20, lifting starts at 10am sharp)

It's almost as bad as the one about the conjunctivitis website being a sight for sore eyes.
Lol!
I used to be a runner then one day my coach introduced me to hurdles, I was scared of them at first, but I got over it.:D

Me and a few mates were looking forward to coming back down soon for some training advice :) we were hoping for help with a few different lifts though, already spoke to trent and told me to come down around 1pm so hopefully we will see you this saturday

I'd be keen to come in as well, but I live a fair distance away, so if I could get a hand with a few different lifts on the one day it'd be handy.

I'd also have to take you up on picking me up from Lidcombe station Moons, I'm legally blind.

Me and a few mates were looking forward to coming back down soon for some training advice :) we were hoping for help with a few different lifts though, already spoke to trent and told me to come down around 1pm so hopefully we will see you this saturday

Pistol, Sam and his mates have organised a group session with me independent of the workshop... at the workshops I only go through the advertised lift/s.

I'd be happy to go through a number of lifts with you, but it would have to be either a 1on1 session or a group if you can wrangle some mates into it.

Happy to pick you up in the luxurious Kia Cerato though :D

PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

Pistol, Sam and his mates have organised a group session with me independent of the workshop... at the workshops I only go through the advertised lift/s.

I'd be happy to go through a number of lifts with you, but it would have to be either a 1on1 session or a group if you can wrangle some mates into it.

Happy to pick you up in the luxurious Kia Cerato though :D

PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

Not sure if you heard but we can't make it out this saturday. Our driver has urgent work and he can't make the drive until next weekend :( But next saturday will be fine if thats okay. Sorry about that :(

I'd like to come down from Newcastle to learn power clean and some of the other olympic lifts. When is the next workshop or whatever?

Not sure if you heard but we can't make it out this saturday. Our driver has urgent work and he can't make the drive until next weekend :( But next saturday will be fine if thats okay. Sorry about that :(

All good mate.

I'd like to come down from Newcastle to learn power clean and some of the other olympic lifts. When is the next workshop or whatever?

Next workshop is this Sat, but is the squat.

The following Saturday (3.3.12) will be an Oly lift... considering snatch at the moment. Might limit Oly workshops to 4 people.

If you want some 1on1 Oly work that's available to - pm/email if interested.

Some good squatting today.

Leo, at 68kg, did 90kg for 3 and missed 100kgx1. If he can sort out his depth he will get it easily. Previously had not squatted more than 60kg.

Peter has a lot of homework to do re: mobility to get his position where it needs to be, and spent some quality time on the foam roller under physio orders :p

Gareth and his mate (apologies I've forgotten your name) both tried out low bar. Gareth found it nice and comfortable, just needs to work on his shoulder mobility some. His mate had never squat before, worked up to 60kg x5? I believe. Needs to focus on getting the knees out a bit but fairly solid otherwise.

Mobility work today was fairly illuminating for a lot of the guys haha. Gareth managed to keep his shirt on while flipping tyres, which is an accomplishment in itself :p

Will post up details for next week by Monday. Thanks to those who came out!

Last edited: