• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC LIfting workshops

Todays' power clean workshop was only three people but this worked out well. Lee came down from Newcastle so that was pretty awesome.

Saw good progress on the clean, got some great mobility work in with the guys to improve the rack position, and ended the session with some prowler pushing and rope work (always popular).

Will have the squat vid up asap, aiming for this evening - apologies for slacking, there is just a tonne of footage. Hopefully have todays vid up tonight as well.

Thanks for coming guys, hope you had a good time - much easier telling people to push the prowler than actually doing it :p

(Note: Although Lee came close, there was no outbreak of prowler flu today... the guys got through 5 rounds of prowler/rope work pretty well)

Chris

Edit: One other note, next cycle I will rotate the snatch in place of the power clean.

Squat Video:

Squat Workshop 29.1.12 - YouTube

Soo jealous, would love to have been there, and working the next couple of week ends as well:mad:

Hopefully my roster will cycle through by the time squats come around again.....will get there eventually:)

Last edited:
Closest station is lidcombe, although quite a walk.

I could pick you up from the station if you like.

At the moment I'd prefer people to fill Sundays workshop, if possible.

G'day Moons, unfortunately can't make this weekend, be will definately take you up on the offer in the future.

thanks,

Congrats to Lee and Karen for both setting PBs' on the deadlift today.

Lee has limited weight available at home, but today knocked out 150kg.

Karen hit her target of double bodyweight (105kg) and made it look easy.

Great work guys!

In two workshops Karen has added 15kg to her pb... it's almost as if I can coach :D

Vids are available but not taken by me, will upload them as soon as I receive them.

I think its got alot to do with your coaching and $1 cheeseburgers. :p
They have a magic ingredient...

Congrats to Lee and Karen for both setting PBs' on the deadlift today.

Lee has limited weight available at home, but today knocked out 150kg.

Karen hit her target of double bodyweight (105kg) and made it look easy.

Great work guys!

In two workshops Karen has added 15kg to her pb... it's almost as if I can coach :D

Vids are available but not taken by me, will upload them as soon as I receive them.

Great stuff Karen and Lee!! I wanted to see those live for myself...

I had a go at 195 on saturday, failed three times (damn ego). Was not feeling great, slightly hungover, and in need of another 4 hours sleep haha!
But you get that. Then i go and set a PB on dips right after...strange how it all works...

Details for the upcoming workshop:

What: Bench press (touchngo and paused)
When: 18.2.12 @ 11am
Where: PTC Sydney, Unit 2, 41-43 Day St North, Silverwater
Cost: Non-members $20

Workshops limited to EIGHT participants. Please reserve your spot by attending the event and commenting +1. If you are bringing a friend/s, please indicate this by commenting +2 etc.

Should Saturdays' session fill up, a second session can be held on Sunday.

This will be the last bench workshop before the bench comp on the 26th so make use of it!

As always, the more the merrier - feel free to rope friends in ;)

Event page: Bench Workshop 18.2.12 (Saturday) | Facebook

Great stuff Karen and Lee!! I wanted to see those live for myself...

I had a go at 195 on saturday, failed three times (damn ego). Was not feeling great, slightly hungover, and in need of another 4 hours sleep haha!
But you get that. Then i go and set a PB on dips right after...strange how it all works...
Thanks Tim:)

Can't make this week....

And with the bench comp the following weekend the only thing im gunna be doing is eating cheeseburgers...

So that strikes me out for two weekends...