• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

I love sweet potato and potato and eat them both by the Kg on a cut but how exactly do you think sweet potato better than white potato. If its for a cut white potato is even less calories. Both are great.

I didn't know that!

Yeah the difference is minimal in calories though so not really worth worrying about. Only about 40 calories difference with a kg of each a according to calorie king.

Reportetdly the Sweet potato is higher in antioxidants and I believe this is what all the hoo-hah is all about.
Vit A, E and selenium.
But the potato is higher in Vit C.

At the end of the day, for me it comes down to taste, the potato wins.

And although the Potato has no Vit A and the SP is full of it, the body won't be able to process much of unless you add lots of butter.

Reportetdly the Sweet potato is higher in antioxidants and I believe this is what all the hoo-hah is all about.
Vit A, E and selenium.

And although the Potato has no Vit A and the SP is full of it, the body won't be able to process much of unless you add lots of butter.

Bottom line is its just the in thing to say sweet potato is better. They both have their benefits and both are great.

Last edited:
Good old hearty winter meals... Home made curry chicken with veg & brown rice... Luckily there was enough left over for me to snavel some for lunch today :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369010072.549382.jpg

Last edited:
Vit A, E and selenium.

Sweet Potato has other micros too and betacarotene (precursor to vit A) but you don't need LOTS of butter. A little bit of fat (olive oil will do) is enough to help absorb the fat soluble vitamins.

I just had a kg of potato, will I lose all my gains because it wasn't sweet potato?

why would you?? lol i must have missed something in the posts but too lazy to read them.

edit...just looked. ok so my workout has been invalidated due to my consumption of white rice because it's not brown?

:p

Post workout meal
3 peices of chicken + avocado sushi
500ml rice milk + 3 scoops pea protein
200g macadamias
200g frozen berries
1 banana.

Glorious.

Bazza: you need the high GI white potato for da insulinz spikez. Sorry bro.

White potato for bulking. SP for cutting. Derr.

chicken sausages & LOTS of veggies
20130520_203713.jpg

pepper steak pie
20130520_134105.jpg

Bazza: you need the high GI white potato for da insulinz spikez. Sorry bro.

White potato for bulking. SP for cutting. Derr.

chicken sausages & LOTS of veggies

pepper steak pie

where'd you get those chicken snags from? We had some last night too, they were unreal. I think from Woolies?

Post workout meal

250gm Sara Lee Choc Mint Ice Cream
50gm mixed nuts
200gms Cottage Cheese
60gms Wpi
Grain Waves
150gms honey and cinnamon yoghurt

No fckn cooking right there.

I had an icecream cookie and shake for desert post workout I had fish asparagus baby spinach and rice cakes with peanut butter I am starting to feel normal again
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.