• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
There's nothing new under the sun, this argument has been raging since 50 years ago and when a new generation of lifters come along to them it's all new and so the cycle goes on.

Or people could just read the studies and be done with it.

Or people could just read the studies and be done with it.
Sorry steve but you want to hinge all your knowledge on "studies" which will in fact severely limit your knowledge not expand it because what a study tells you today will be completely different next year.

People who bang on about studies will usually only present the studies that seem to confirm their already confirmed bias, we all do it, it's human nature, which is why I think it's best not to rely on studies., A study is an unfaithful bitch.

Last edited:
I agree, new studies come out that conflict with existing studies, to a point. But until new ones come out, it's all you have to go off. And ignoring them is definitely not the answer. Reading and knowing more can only help.

The physical culture was built on a balanced diet and hard heavy lifting exhibiting great shows of strength.

A young lifter really just needs to read these early books to understand why we now have thousands upon thousands of "studies" telling us how to eat.

Most studies are funded by someone with an agenda.

One just needs to read into the Hoffman/Weider circus

I agree, new studies come out that conflict with existing studies, to a point. But until new ones come out, it's all you have to go off. And ignoring them is definitely not the answer. Reading and knowing more can only help.

Steve if you look at the early lifters you'll see that Studies are nebulous at best.

Even more amazing when you consider that there were only a handful of very strong men compared to now

Yes and perhaps take on board what those that have been tbrough the different study cycles have to say.

I will add that I admire Steve for reading and it brings value.

one thing that kills a forum fast is everyone agreeing with each other on everything

Cut and paste legend. Everyone give him a medal.

For Fuck sake are we really going to deal with this garbage.

Cut and paste legend. Everyone give him a medal.

For Fuck sake are we really going to deal with this garbage.

Are you a religious man Barry, because that's the type of circular self-fulfilling logic they use.

You ask for a study, I provided one.
You don't read it properly, so I highlight the snippet with the studies relating to exactly your point.
People then state "you can't trust studies".
You brush it off as a "cut and paste job".

What else do you want? For me to actually go out, get a diploma in sports nutrition and conduct my own studies? I've given you more than anyone here is remotely giving me. If you still want to plead ignorant, go for it, you're only leaving gains on the table. I'm going to keep following the advice of experts, which has clearly worked for me.

Model airplanes? Knitting?

You know there's nothing wrong with having a hobby, I believe most of us are using bodybuilding as a hobby, we do it for the enjoyment for some it costs a lot of money for others it doesn't cost a cent.

Some like you and steveP fully embrace the whole supplement taking thing, others as might you also enjoy getting all engrossed in the GH aspect, there is nothing wrong with this.

A lot of people have turned hobbies into a living.

We all just need to be a little more tolerant with each other.