• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
sticky i think my squat would gives yours a go as you dont walk yours out and you wrap your knees..

For the record, I haven't trained in wraps or a mono in 18 months lol.

My last session was 190kg 5x5 - just easing back into training.

Anyway, that's enough off topic crap.

Anyone that is interested in competing, not just lifting against 1 or 2 others, feel free to contact me for more info on GPC Australia - Australia's largest PL fed.

Home

there are a whole lot of strengths and weaknesses within each fed, and we have to make up our own minds about what are the most important reasons. Quite simply, as recent comments suggest, there is no perfect fed.

Reasons: drug testing or no drug testing; number of comps; wraps or no wraps or the option; push-pull option comps; which fed is most transparent and listen to members; which one merely serves interests of those who run it;p how quick comp results are put up; atmosphere, and so on ...

I am joining GPC. I will pay immediately although there are no comps for me for a while.

I know markos and sticky, and they are for all people doing well. And most of the people i talk to about weights on this site are GPC members. They certainly do not rave on about respect based on total; that stuff is silly. They are astute enough to know that all lifters are important, and i am sure their preferred ideas can and will change over time, as we all do.

TBH, despite what I say about this and that does not even that much for me with regard to preferred fed; I merely compete against myself.

paid, sticky you can add my name to members list when you get a chance

Receipt Receipt number

N011850950894

Amount

$80.00

From

Smart Access

06 3408 1021 8950

Chris Lewis fee
From Account Description

To

Global Powerlifting 033-138 Westpac Banking Corporation 486294 Chris Lewis fee

ill wait to see how he goes when he competes.whenever that will be.2030?id be the first to congratulate him btw.
his bench is far better,however his squat and deadlift arent.id beat him i think if i was as heavy bw wise but whether thats enough to trim the lead he would have on bench?plus you arent a PA judge.His lifts are done in the sanctity of his home,its harder to do at a meet.
im at my strongest at around 100 kgs.doesnt suit me to compete there though.105 is a division full of exceptionally strong men.
however its guesswork.he could come out and total big.but he hasnt....yet.

i think you're a bit self obsessed and you over-rate powerlifting. I already compete in other sports. PL really does seem to be full of special people.

Yeah I'd like to return to the stage again after 17 years absence but I'm not interested in posting anything less than an A total. For the last decade my work has taken me on a roller coaster ride around the world that simply has not made it possible to maintain a regular training schedule. The schedule and my anatomical limitations have conspired against me achieving peak limit strength levels.

Training is going well a the moment, so 2030 looks realistic. Don't worry about my videos, I use trick camera angles, the plates are only painted balsa wood and it's a Chinese ACB 5 kilogram hollow bar.

besides, if you had perused my sporadic logs it is evident that I have been putting in a bit of effort in the Olympic lifts to stay explosive. That in itself is an impediment to achieving limit strength. My son started oly lifting last year and that re-acquainted me with real strength athletes.

Despite being paid up PA member, I must say that frankly I'm a bit disillusioned with the whole PL thing as a demonstration of testicular fortitude. Consider that in many gyms there are unheralded weight lifters who do ass to the ground squats with weights that would be given a new world record and cheesy trophy in the new men's 31 - 31.5 year old 85-86kg weight class raw plus wraps plus monolift half squat division.

dude you can train all you like to beat my squats and deadlifts if that keeps you hard. You may even get a 220kg squat one day that breaks parallel. How awesome, have a medallion and then go watch the weightlifting where real strength athletes lift that overhead. Or a 300kg hitched Deadlift. How many 300kg dead lifters can even shoulder a 140kg power clean? Quite a number of local juniors and international women can.

plus spart i saw what you wrote about having a PA membership enabled you to know their inner workings and how its run....umm signing up over the net and having a card sent to u isnt an insight into how things are done..boss.

i reckon its run well and Robert is a good man.lucky we have him..could of been worse..we could of got someone like you.lol.

You haven't been around this scene very long have you?

i think you're a bit self obsessed and you over-rate powerlifting. I already compete in other sports. PL really does seem to be full of special people.

Yeah I'd like to return to the stage again after 17 years absence but I'm not interested in posting anything less than an A total. For the last decade my work has taken me on a roller coaster ride around the world that simply has not made it possible to maintain a regular training schedule. The schedule and my anatomical limitations have conspired against me achieving peak limit strength levels.

Training is going well a the moment, so 2030 looks realistic. Don't worry about my videos, I use trick camera angles, the plates are only painted balsa wood and it's a Chinese ACB 5 kilogram hollow bar.

besides, if you had perused my sporadic logs it is evident that I have been putting in a bit of effort in the Olympic lifts to stay explosive. That in itself is an impediment to achieving limit strength. My son started oly lifting last year and that re-acquainted me with real strength athletes.

Despite being paid up PA member, I must say that frankly I'm a bit disillusioned with the whole PL thing as a demonstration of testicular fortitude. Consider that in many gyms there are unheralded weight lifters who do ass to the ground squats with weights that would be given a new world record and cheesy trophy in the new men's 31 - 31.5 year old 85-86kg weight class raw plus wraps plus monolift half squat division.

dude you can train all you like to beat my squats and deadlifts if that keeps you hard. You may even get a 220kg squat one day that breaks parallel. How awesome, have a medallion and then go watch the weightlifting where real strength athletes lift that overhead. Or a 300kg hitched Deadlift. How many 300kg dead lifters can even shoulder a 140kg power clean? Quite a number of local juniors and international women can.

i just saw a lot of excuses.i wish i had your talent for benching.oh well.thats one less i have to beat.

well there's only 1 weightlifting fed that is also drug tested correct? So you have everyone who wants to do weightlifting in the one federation, competing on a relatively equal playing field.

Are there many old weightlifters? I was under the impression that it's a sport that takes more of a toll on the athlete than powerlifting.

Maybe one day IPF will get Olympic recognition (I really hope so!).