• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No carb meals

Matty: yep, the forward thinking way that retains as much LBM as possible. A guy I know is coached by him. He said the other day that "coach upped carbs by 5g and fats by 1g". That is some serious shit but this guy is pretty damn serious BBer.

Big Mick: I agree. Different diets work for different people. I don't know what you mean by "his way". His way is adjustable to the person.

really thats impressive? I thought i saw him say on a video log that he turns away over 70% of the people who ask for coaching! yeah the metabolic damage one is awesome so I know where the 5g carbs and 1g fats comes from.

Also are you going to see Layne when he comes to Aus next month?

What a wank :rolleyes: Seriously I don't care how good anyone is its impossible to be this accurate with your diet, 1 gram of fat could be left stuck to your knife after you cut the steak, there is no way in the world that you can get your fat intake to less than plus/minus 1 gram. and your carbs to within 5 grams. The bloke has just proven himself to be a wank:p

And then what difference would 1 gram make??? I mean you brush your teeth for an extra 10 seconds and that gram is used up.....dick head is all I can say to anyone that prescribes upping fat intake by 1 fucking gram!!!

By body weight Mick....

1 gram per pound or kilo....

really thats impressive? I thought i saw him say on a video log that he turns away over 70% of the people who ask for coaching! yeah the metabolic damage one is awesome so I know where the 5g carbs and 1g fats comes from.

Also are you going to see Layne when he comes to Aus next month?

What is this metabolic damage one?

LOL. Yeah, he's got no idea.

1zi0kNow9V69fQrZo95brSLZUP8K0475.jpeg

423004_3947796537807_478171726_n.jpg

What a wank :rolleyes: Seriously I don't care how good anyone is its impossible to be this accurate with your diet, 1 gram of fat could be left stuck to your knife after you cut the steak, there is no way in the world that you can get your fat intake to less than plus/minus 1 gram. and your carbs to within 5 grams. The bloke has just proven himself to be a wank:p

And then what difference would 1 gram make??? I mean you brush your teeth for an extra 10 seconds and that gram is used up.....dick head is all I can say to anyone that prescribes upping fat intake by 1 fucking gram!!!

watch the youtube clip i just posted up. its interesting

watch the youtube clip i just posted up. its interesting

Watched it, found it painful to listen to, it's all old news and common knowledge rehashed into a boring video.

Sorry he might be a good coach, but he does not impress me much, he has not said anything I have not heard a thousand times before.

The above before and after picks can be found on any infomercial during daytime TV so not really impressive either.

Watched it, found it painful to listen to, it's all old news and common knowledge rehashed into a boring video.

Sorry he might be a good coach, but he does not impress me much, he has not said anything I have not heard a thousand times before.

The above before and after picks can be found on any infomercial during daytime TV so not really impressive either.

stick with atkins diets then. Laynes results speak for themselves.

agreed.

Anyway, the reason I posted that vid in this thread is because of the bit about extremities specifically "some insulin post workout is good, so shitloads must be better" that was one of the weird things I read in CBL book.

At the end of the day, if the overall diet works for the person to maintain an adequate macronutrient ratio for their goals over time then that is a good diet for them. Just some of the science of the CBL seems a bit off to me.

I certainly will be, have gone from the before photo to the middle one in a couple of month, eating as much as I want and till I am full at every meal. Starting to see the outline of my upper abs for the first time in 12 or so years and strength still going up.

No reason to change while it works!

Unless someone can tell me something I have not heard before, and it's backed by science, I say good on you and good luck with it, what ever works for you:rolleyes:

agreed.

Anyway, the reason I posted that vid in this thread is because of the bit about extremities specifically "some insulin post workout is good, so shitloads must be better" that was one of the weird things I read in CBL book.

At the end of the day, if the overall diet works for the person to maintain an adequate macronutrient ratio for their goals over time then that is a good diet for them. Just some of the science of the CBL seems a bit off to me.

yeah i kind of thought similar but figure i'll try it out for 6-8weeks n c how i go with it. if it works it works if it dont i wont try it again

Big Mick: I have no idea what you are arguing about?

and yeah, I'll probably give it a go too. I'm all for self experimentation.

agreed.

I have only recently read CBL and the science in it is the only thing that makes sense, they guy is not just making random rehashed statements (like the video), he has actually studied this and put it all together, rather than just spew random stuff and call it his own. I actually found the video hard to watch as the guy was trying to debunk scientific facts with opinion with no backing at all.

Riiiiight.

So why should one specifically avoid low gi carbs post workout? Scientifically speaking that is.

I have only recently read CBL and the science in it is the only thing that makes sense, they guy is not just making random rehashed statements (like the video), he has actually studied this and put it all together, rather than just spew random stuff and call it his own. I actually found the video hard to watch as the guy was trying to debunk scientific facts with opinion with no backing at all.

Layne has a PHD. he backs up what he says with research. im not following what your saying