• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hahaha well I don't think the hops are in the same format but nice try at persuading us to become raging alcos :p

I am curious which ingredient is responsible for that warm and cosy feeling. Is it anything like that 'brozinga' cocktail of 2mg etiazolam + 30mg codeine?

I knew you would be straight on to this one
Right damn! 1 Elixir of sleep is worth 2.5 squat sessions fuggen.

http://mobile.nutraingredients.com/...-extracts-may-cause-liver-damage-Norway-warns

Green tea extracts may cause liver damage, Norway warns

The Norwegian food safety authority has warned against green tea extract supplements following reports of liver damage.

The authority Mattilsynet said it had received several reports of adverse events associated with green tea supplements, the majority of which concerned liver damage.

Mattilsynet pointed to high levels of the active substance EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate) in the products, which were far above that obtained from just drinking green tea.

There has been mounting evidence for the various health benefits of green tea, focusing on anti-cancer effects and metabolic, cardiovascular and cognitive benefits.

However there have also been concerns over possible toxicity at high concentrated levels.

BCAA's have no benefit during times of calorie restrictions. Alan Aragon

That's not what the study is saying at all. It was testing to see if BCAAs preserved more muscle mass while losing fat. And as the study says, the results are paradoxical. The control group actually lost more fat than those taking BCAAs. So seeing they lost more fat, the ratio of muscle loss was consistent.

So really the take home message is that BCAAs actually prevent fat loss due to the aminos anabolic properties.

BCAA's have no benefit during times of calorie restrictions. Alan Aragon

http://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-016-0128-9

The problem with BCAA supplementation is that anyone who eats their daily fill of protein (most people training with weights would fall into this category) will be getting more that enough BCAA's for their needs.

So why supplement with something that you already have an excess of?? Makes no sense when you take the marketing BS out of it.

That would be like a person eating 1kg of berries and oranges every day supplementing with Vitamin C tablets, a complete waste of time, effort and cash.

If however you been tested and were found to have a BCAA deficiency (pretty unlikely for a person who eats normally ie not a vegan) than supplementation may be of assistance.

I think the people that will benefit the most from BCAAs are vegans or people with a shitty high sugar/carb diet. But if they have a shitty diet, they will probably see little benefit from aminos unless they make major changes to what they eat.

Personally I consume them for 2 reasons, and no I don't need them as I consume between 2x to 2.5x grams of protein per kg of body weight.
1 - They increase your protein macro for essentially no calories. Like I said above, if you have a shitty diet or are bulking/overeat, it will do nothing. If you're on a strict diet, they're an easy way to get proteins in.
2 - They taste good. Knowing I have something nice to drink at the gym, I'm not tempted to drink high calorie juices or soft drink. Yes, you could just substitute this with any sugar free drink. But I think BCAA supps are better value for money and referring back to point 1, you're increasing your protein intake.

BCAAs are not a substitute for protein in your diet. I certainly wouldn't be relying on protein from BCAAs as it's an incomplete protein. It only contains 3 amino acids. Compare to egg whites which are a com plete protein and contain Histidine, Leucine, Methionine, Threonine, Lysine, Isoleucine, Phenylalanine, Tryptophan, Valine, Alanine, Aspartic acid, Glutamic acid, Proline, Tyrosine, Arginine, Cystine, Glycine, Serine.

The main benefit of BCAAs is it's high Leucine and isoleucine content during times of acute physical stress.

BCAAs are not a substitute for protein in your diet. I certainly wouldn't be relying on protein from BCAAs as it's an incomplete protein. It only contains 3 amino acids. Compare to egg whites which are a com plete protein and contain Histidine, Leucine, Methionine, Threonine, Lysine, Isoleucine, Phenylalanine, Tryptophan, Valine, Alanine, Aspartic acid, Glutamic acid, Proline, Tyrosine, Arginine, Cystine, Glycine, Serine.

The main benefit of BCAAs is it's high Leucine and isoleucine content during times of acute physical stress.

!00% agree with this, and I don't think SteveP relies on the BCAA's for protein as he already consumes more than enough. If he has a valid reason to take them then he can, it's his choice, but personally I rather spend my money on something else.

He would rather buy BCAA's as he like the taste, same reason people buy ice cream I guess....

When I was forty I would mix some BCAA in some Gatorade on my workout days, that was when eating was not fun, and I mean not fun in the sense that I couldn't get enough, I was constantly eating, feeding oneself and two young kids as a single parent was not ideal.

That is probably the most valid reason I have seen so far.

I should also add that the BCAAs I use also contain ingredients for endurance (beta alanine, electrolytes), pumps (citrulline, agmatine) and energy (caffeine). If you buy in a large size, it comes out to $1 a serve. Way cheaper than any other sports drink, and also not loaded with sugar.

Pink Lemonade used to be good too. Been on Chain'd Out as a staple for a long time though. Appletini. Not as sweet as Xtend but still up there

Sampled the latest Optimum Nutrition amino energy mojito flavour. Like blueberry lemonade with a hint of mint. Will be my next purchase.