• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Micro / fractional plates

GD and IE are often out of stock... (I don't need micro-plates anyway...was just looking around)

IE $24 for 2x1kg plates, $30 for 2x2kg plates
IE $120 for 0.5/1/2/2.5/5kg no stock
GD $60 for 0.25/0.5/0.75/1.0kg no stock

really only need 0.5, 1 and 2kg plates (to make up 1/2/3/4kg lots) maybe 0.25 to go in 0.5 amounts (asuming you have the normal 2.5kg plates already)

30 washers = $45 + 0.25/0.5/1/2kg pairs (plus effort to drill them, and maybe tack weld together)

of course the other option is to just drill/grind cheap 1.25kg and 2.5kg plates for the 1 and 2's :) (at say $2/kg)

To be honest, I don't even know why I bothered getting them. If I were you I would just stick to 2.5kg jumps, so 2x1.25 plates. Any less and you can just add a rep or 2. I only use my 1kg and .25kg plates to make 2.5 total jump LOL.

thats it, I already have 0.5 and 1.25 plates, to the smallest jumps will be either 1 or 1.5kg, depending where it is... thats small enough for me...

just OCD with metric measures :D and always looking for OCD options...

I have seen some industrial washers with an inside dimension of 50mm, really cheap zinc plated ones.

im interested in what exercises you'll use them for shrekko
I can only see value in using these in upper body movements.

I got some, can't remember where now but they have been gathering dust for about two years.
I'll take them off your hands.. :)

I have seen some industrial washers with an inside dimension of 50mm, really cheap zinc plated ones.

im interested in what exercises you'll use them for shrekko
I can only see value in using these in upper body movements.
Mainly OHP and for my dumbells. Can't be adding 2.5kg each side to dumbell curls, side raises etc every time fuarrrrk.

I'll take them off your hands.. :)

Mainly OHP and for my dumbells. Can't be adding 2.5kg each side to dumbell curls, side raises etc every time fuarrrrk.
Pussy.

I have 0.5kg plates for my std dumbbells but I haven't heard of smaller than 1.25kg for oly, just 50mm washers like silverback said. You have oly DBs?

Sometimes I think 0.5kg adjustments are needed for my squats, usually after watching a sad movie.

Have a google, plenty of places that have 0.5kg steel or rubber coated standard or olympic for $2-$5 ea....