• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[LOL] Powerlifting workouts should only be 60-90mins long says a retard...

Jesus fucking christ. Multiple national record holders/world champ say their training takes more than 2 hours generally which is the complete opposite of the OP.The mediocre peons throw up their arms in disgust, how dare they train for such a long period of time they cry. They're obviously wasting their lives/time/energy...Too much estrogen/******ry in this thread.

I like what you just said.

we should have separate sections for strength and powerlifting.

I mean how many people powerlift in Australia, anyway? 1500 people.

How many people train for strength at gyms or other sports without the need to have a big deadlift or a big low bar squat? Many, many, many times more.

Admin, can we have separate sections please? That way there will be no need to upset the sensitivities of those who are more committed to a few big compound lifts.

Last edited:
I don't think we need separate forums. For you guys that think powerlifting training isn't training for strength, give yourselves an uppercut.

All we need is for people to stop talking shit in threads that are PL specific.

I don't think we need separate forums. For you guys that think powerlifting training isn't training for strength, give yourselves an uppercut.

All we need is for people to stop talking shit in threads that are PL specific.

i agree with you but there is also discussion about exercises not Centered around 1rep is all.

yes, but this will help keep sections specific with moderator having clear grounds to ensure relevance.

without any disrespect to powerlifting, its own needs (in terms of time and training) would be much different for other people and sports.

In a strength section, questions concerning application of certain exercises in terms of effect and time may have relevance, but not so in a powerlifting section.

I do concede though, this thread was for powerlifting, a point I sometimes forget from a mere focus on comments.

I know there is an argument we don't have the readership of say TNation, but I don't see much derailing of threads there with very good subject separation.

Once we separate, we should agree to adhere to relevance of forum area, with moderators perfectly right to ensure relevance, albeit I hope we can retain an element of humour within AusBB.

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum

I think this will help boost interest in AusBB, including from powerlifters.

Not gonna happen. We tried, it didn't work. Also I'm buggered if I'm gonna sift through 1000's of existing threads and try to ascertain weather it belongs in strength or PL.
uploadfromtaptalk1401317894619.jpg

For example, if we have a powerlifting thread about a certain training template, I don't see why anyone should come on and merely bag the program with 'why you should do something else". That thread should exist only for questions and experiences of that template.

This will ensue specificity and relevance for those forum members who have questions about a template. in turn, we may be able to attract other powerlifters who have experience in that template.

I think with separation, and guidelines, there can be less hassles.

It doesn't matter where the thread is. [MENTION=5361]El Freako[/MENTION]; will bag a linear program even if it's in the nutrition forum. [emoji12]

Last edited:
ok, but surely members can be wise enough to start a thread on powerlifting in the powerlifting section, and another on general strength training in its section.

Your not listening or reading. There are already 1000's of threads. Who's gonna spend hours to splilt those? Admin and I did it once, not doing it again.

no, I am listening.

All we can do now is be as relevant as possible to thread. I will try and make sure I am as well.

Hate to say this, but shouldn't Powerlifting be a sub forum anyways? Like Crossfit is a sub forum.

I know you guys love to use "high bar" and "deep" to justify being as weak as a kitten from your "decades" of strength training

rofl I am "Weak as a kitten" from 4 hours per week of training. That's a bit rich young fella. My 12 year old son can put almost as much weight overhead as you and he trains for less than 90 minutes. I guess the rest of nattys are just kittens.

no, I am listening.

All we can do now is be as relevant as possible to thread. I will try and make sure I am as well.

This. Everybody just needs to practice a bit more comprehension when reading and replying to threads. Powerlifters need not be applying powerlifting rules to everything and non-powerlifters need to use more specificity when replying to PL threads. Powerlifting and strength training are both the same and different. One more specific, one more generalised, saying that sumo deadlifts are cheating in a Pl thread is just as fucking stupid as saying that you only need to focus on the big 3 in a general strength thread.

[MENTION=5361]El Freako[/MENTION]; not sure if anyone was calling a Sumo Deadlift cheating, just saying that some of them were more of a Squat (or Jefferson Squat) than a Regular Deadlift.