• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

July Calf Challenge

11/07/2012

5 x 45 kg bb raises.

Feeling really good. No problems finishing out the month. Calves are feeling stronger.

Last edited:
Dear Diary,

KungFooGoo

Seated barbell calf raises:
2 x 20 @ 60
2 x 25 @ 60
1 x F @ 60

Firs time doing seated version as l didnt really think of doing it that way until l saw Aidz a.k.a shrek a.k.a groar do them. They felt harder l guess? Not sure... calf raises generally suck if you do them right and ill probably be sore later tonight / tmo....

Good day shopkeeps

KFG, seated calves work the soleus head of the calf muscle (Knees bent) while any variation with the knee straight works the gastrocnemius. So for all round calf development both variations must be done.

KFG, seated calves work the soleus head of the calf muscle (Knees bent) while any variation with the knee straight works the gastrocnemius. So for all round calf development both variations must be done.

Makes sense.... Will alternate them then.

Also do you mind adding 34cm @ 77kg to the 'before' photo on mine... If not no biggie.

Last edited:
I'm not officially in the challenge but still doing something for them every 2 days with my regular workouts. As I've never really done ANYTHING calf related before that is my own little experiment.

Good for you jz! lol

Does anyone in this challenge find that the first 2 or 3 sets is ok and doable...but once you hit the 4th and 5th set it brings tears to your eyes????? lolol

Largely and for the most part, the calf DOMS are gone, but the dull ache is always there, because we're working the muscle every day... but man those last few sets murder me! Even just the bw calf raises I do on cardio days, same thing...last few sets and my eyes water :(

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You wait for the AFTER shots on my calves! Yeah boi! :p

My calves just dont feel pumped like normal, just get a tonne of warmth and a weird feeling like they are getting worked every day or something..

But these little fillets will grow, even a little bit

Last edited:
Kfgs calves go numb after a few sets... Have to really push the movement otgerwise I do these ****** half reps without meaning to.

Kfg will also measure his stephen hawking calves in 3 days. See where im at...