• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Increase your Squat weights instantly!

Australian Kettlebells is in richmond.

Fadi Great Article.

My Squat went up 10 kilos the first time i wore my squat shoes. And it's more upright now rather than being a ugly good morning when it gets heavy.

Simply great to "hear" you say that Aussie. Thank you.

Fadi.

tossing up about putting down some money on some ironworks or some of the rogues with the 0.5" heel, cant decide. I squat low bar and shoulder width, sometimes wider.

I didnt find an Adidas seller in Australia.

As for sizes order what shoe size you are. I have size 12.5 adistars and take a size 13 regular shoe, my adi's are a half size small, very snug.

People saying 'awww theyre diff sizes to regular shoes' is crap.

Droo, as I posted on ns.com.....in competition, you have to wear shoes, belts are optional, if you choose to wear inferior shoes, you will have inferior performance.

Its also mandatory to wear shoes at a commercial gym, your argument is quite flawed.

I have a load of dreadful squatters at PTC in crosstrainers, you cant stick brains in a statue

I also recall you lean forward quite a bit when you squat, is that correct?

i wasnt going to stop having a dig until i got a reaction :p

i was just taking the piss, i dont feel that strongly on the issue. i dont compete and i dont lift in a commercial gym so that doesnt really matter to me but i have been more interested in olympic lifting lately so when i move my gym to the garage and get some bumper plates ill most likely get some shoes as well.

as for the leaning, im certainly not vertical but i dont think its excessive. this is the most recent squat vid ive uploaded so you tell me.

Which site did you get yours off Bluey and how much did they cost inc postage and any other incidentals?

as for the leaning, im certainly not vertical but i dont think its excessive. this is the most recent squat vid ive uploaded so you tell me.
Squat looks alright, your deadlift scares me a bit, though. Use your arse, not your lower back, gives you more power and less risk to the back. That is, keep a normal curve in your lower back, as you pretty much do for squats. You may want to ignore someone who never deadlifted 180kg x3 -but I am also someone who is very aware of the effects of back injuries.

Squat looks alright, your deadlift scares me a bit, though. Use your arse, not your lower back, gives you more power and less risk to the back. That is, keep a normal curve in your lower back, as you pretty much do for squats. You may want to ignore someone who never deadlifted 180kg x3 -but I am also someone who is very aware of the effects of back injuries.

nah youre right, i keep my journal on another site but you could see in that this was my fifth set of 5x5 starting at 140 and adding 10 each set. so all that plus a set of 20 reps two days before had my lower back pretty tired and i pulled the pin at three due to back rounding.

but we're getting a bit OT...

Droo, its not excessesive but its far from ideal.

You would instantly notice a benefit of wearing Olympic lifting shoes

I was at Australian Kettlebells today picking up prizes for my comp.

Rick showed me a pair of lifting shoes he is bringing in from Asia.

Tell him your from PTC and you'll get them for under $100.

Now there is no reason for anyone to not have a pair, that is dirt cheap

is it just me or do alot of these lifting shoes look like skate shoes? the black suede ones with red inside in particular lol i had a pair of globe skate shoes that looked exactly the same :p

FKN BARGAIN! Everyone buy there!

What brand are they Markos? The only ones on his site are the Zhang Kong brand for $180.00

New, he only has 2 pairs currently, one blue, one red.

He will have them in stock in Feb, I will be getting Nina and Max a pair, Max's are currently one size too big

Spoke to Jarrod from AK this arvo.

They are the do win brand, selling for $130-$140 (didn't tell him I was from PTC ;)).

Reckons they should have them early March.

Will grab a pair when they come in.