• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Honey!!

Bobo

Hey guys decided to stop "lurking" and do some posting figured i'd start off with a question here.

Is honey good for post workout as far as carbs part of the intake. If i remember correctly what you're after is an insulin spike, the only thing i can think of that might be better is sugar but i think it was Fadi who said that sugar might give some people stomach issues, is it the same case with honey or would it be ok.

P.s. no issues personally with any food (as far as i know)

Cheers,

Bobo.

Last edited:
Is honey good for post workout as far as carbs part of the intake.

Bobo.

No: http://www.glycemicindex.com/

The best of them has a GI value of 58, which is 10 levels less than table sugar at 68. So for you Bogdan now that you don't get any gastro/intes problems, you can go for the cheapest of them all; good old plain table sugar if you wish. I mean take your pick...

Glucose
Sucrose (table sugar)
Maltodextrine
WMS
White bread
White potato (mashed)
1kg of carrots (juiced = 500ml) and 50g of very high GI and GL plus all the other goodies.
White rice (not Basmati)
And the list goes on...

Anything above GI 70 is going to have a profound effect on your insulin levels.

Fadi.

Last edited: