• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

help me diet yodas

That's because your listening to the wrong advice about how to go about it

I hope this doesn't come as a shock Derka, but there is more than just one right advice. Even the same bodybuilder would have to apply different tactics as the years go by since that bodybuilder today is not the same bodybuilder he was the year before. The proof is all around us with bodybuilders who go on stage razor sharp one year and smooth at other times (in the same competition).

If you disagree with what I've written above, then please tell us all here what is the right advice as you understand it Sir, perchance we may all learn something new.

Fadi.

That is not the bodybuilding way Derka and you know it. You go ahead staying at your 10% fat level and there won't be much in the way of added muscles as time goes by. So my advice to you if you're hoping to get huge would be to not remain at such a low fat percentage level.

Fadi.

Quoted from Timmy
"i really want that 6 pack and not a soft definition of a 4 pack!"

And in my reply to Timmy
"Timmy maintaining sub 10% year round is easy and completely fine health wise. I've got a full 6 pack year round and would class myself as under 10% year round and i do it with ease because i know how to."

The guy is trying to lose bodyfat.

My own personal goal i'm already fine with my size i've always gone for the Frank Zane type physique. I have no need to increase my calories and drop down the cardio.

The gentleman wants to lose fat not increase muscle mass

I hope this doesn't come as a shock Derka, but there is more than just one right advice. Even the same bodybuilder would have to apply different tactics as the years go by since that bodybuilder today is not the same bodybuilder he was the year before. The proof is all around us with bodybuilders who go on stage razor sharp one year and smooth at other times (in the same competition).

If you disagree with what I've written above, then please tell us all here what is the right advice as you understand it Sir, perchance we may all learn something new.

Fadi.

Fadi, Jman has stated "I myself some day would like to reach 12%" so the says to me the information he's applying obviously isn't translating into the results that he said, he's after.

My own personal goal i'm already fine with my size i've always gone for the Frank Zane type physique. I have no need to increase my calories and drop down the cardio.
Frank Zane was magic, I wish you all the very best Derka.

Fadi.

Fadi, Jman has stated "I myself some day would like to reach 12%" so the says to me the information he's applying obviously isn't translating into the results that he said, he's after.

without derailing the thread, once again Timmy, u keep on trying champ, best of luck and im sure you will get there :)

on a side note to derka.... i stated that "some day" id like to get there, certainly not while im trying to put on strength and size, i know how to lose weight, and im not applying anything except picking up heavy weights.... assumptions only make u look silly... neglecting ive already told you that my goals are in strength and not super low body fat, well that just seals the deal.... just because its not my current goals or situation doesnt mean i dont know how to do it effectively...

neglecting ive already told you that my goals are in strength and not super low body fat

If that's over 100 odd posts ago i don't have time to scroll through all that as my days are too busy. I took from what you said you wanted to get there but it seamed beyond you, that's all.

I'd just like to know where it is written that cardio must be done to loose fat. I've lost nearly 12kg with zero cardio.

Cardio is catabolic and in my opinion should be avoided in big doses for a natty trying to maintain muscle while losing fat.
I'm cardio free and proud of it.

I'll perform my cardio when bulking and in calorie surplus.

I'd just like to know where it is written that cardio must be done to loose fat. I've lost nearly 12kg with zero cardio.

Cardio is catabolic and in my opinion should be avoided in big doses for a natty trying to maintain muscle while losing fat.

That does make a good point shrek mate, id have to agree also, cardio can be catabolic in certain environments but as you said, if you have enough calories and smart food intake, there is a good chance it wont be catabolic. The main thing for controlling the body weight is diet... cardio is just an impliment for burning more calories, but if you control your consumption there is little to no need for it, other than cardiovascular health. Congrats on the weight loss champ :)

Can we change the word cardio to aerobic exercise please...

I get enough cardio from 200kg deadlifts for reps...

That does make a good point shrek mate, id have to agree also, cardio can be catabolic in certain environments but as you said, if you have enough calories and smart food intake, there is a good chance it wont be catabolic. The main thing for controlling the body weight is diet... cardio is just an impliment for burning more calories, but if you control your consumption there is little to no need for it, other than cardiovascular health. Congrats on the weight loss champ :)
Cheers.. I am working real hard, esp on diet.