• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good ways to deal with depression?

Thanks for your help and suggestions, Ill try some of the stuff you have said.

And joel how you described how you felt that is pretty much exactly how i feel at the moment!

You would be surprised how many ppl feel like that at that age mate...but also at that age not many are willing to talk about it! - I def know I wasnt....nowdays I feel comfortable to talk to mates, family, however...make sure u talk to ppl but also start to focus more....at the end of it I nearly turned it into a positive thing like I feel shit, only way from here is up and I will be more focused and more motivated than anyone else because of everything I have gone through!

You would be surprised how many ppl feel like that at that age mate...but also at that age not many are willing to talk about it! - I def know I wasnt....nowdays I feel comfortable to talk to mates, family, however...make sure u talk to ppl but also start to focus more....at the end of it I nearly turned it into a positive thing like I feel shit, only way from here is up and I will be more focused and more motivated than anyone else because of everything I have gone through!
yeah im trying to think positive, i have been taking pills for a couple of weeks now. They are meant to change the way i think.

yeah im trying to think positive, i have been taking pills for a couple of weeks now. They are meant to change the way i think.

I never took pills....I was given them but a doctor that just gave me them when I said I felt abit down....was about a 10 min appointment...no way I was taking them lol

Pills dont change the way you think... They block the reabsorption of neurotransmitters so they can stick around to do their jobs longer..

What this does is blunten your stress response, as it is likely your body is in constant stress response due to gut inflammation. The increse in pro inflammatory cytokines effects mood and behavior...

What is the duration of treatment and your method to coming off medication? Have you discussed this... Be careful of getting doped up forever without working at finding the cause of the problems.

Buy a Multi vitamin
Buy high strength dha capsules
Buy vitamin d - low vitamin d in itself can cause depression.

I never took pills....I was given them but a doctor that just gave me them when I said I felt abit down....was about a 10 min appointment...no way I was taking them lol
just out of interest, how long were you in depression for?

Pills dont change the way you think... They block the reabsorption of neurotransmitters so they can stick around to do their jobs longer..

What this does is blunten your stress response, as it is likely your body is in constant stress response due to gut inflammation. The increse in pro inflammatory cytokines effects mood and behavior...

What is the duration of treatment and your method to coming off medication? Have you discussed this... Be careful of getting doped up forever without working at finding the cause of the problems.

Buy a Multi vitamin
Buy high strength dha capsules
Buy vitamin d - low vitamin d in itself can cause depression.
ill have a look at that link ina minute, i did have a quick look at it before but i didnt have time to read it all.
the pills i got last for 28 days and i have to go see the doctor just before they run out and he will decide if i get more of them or not

just out of interest, how long were you in depression for?

Mate during that time prob a year...but I dont think things have ever been the same...way better not like I wouldnt say I have depression now...but still was a really dark time in my life that has left a scar.

Mate during that time prob a year...but I dont think things have ever been the same...way better not like I wouldnt say I have depression now...but still was a really dark time in my life that has left a scar.
okay, thank you heaps for your help and as you said earlier i will PM you if i think i need too.

dunno if this will help... sometimes when I feel abit down I listen to it :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSYtQy9EqTA]YouTube - MOTIVATION - "Be Great, Powerful Beyond Measure" - Best Inspirational Video Ever [Original][/ame]

As gay as this sounds - Positive thinking can help you achieve anything!

I love this quote:

Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence.

My mother recently took me to the doctors because she was worried about me. The doctor said that i had depression, he reccomended me a counselor which i seen last Friday. She said that it would be a good idea if i talk to people about it. I sort of feel embarrassed to talk to people about it for obvious reasons so i thought i would put it on here and see if anyone on AUSBB can be a help. Has anybody got any suggestions on what i could do to make me feel better?
Has anyone ever suffered from depression? or suffering from depression at the moment?

If anyone can be of help it would be really appreciated
Thanks

Young man,

EVERYONE here is more than willing to help you. Look at
all the 'replies'. That should show you that all of us here
can & will help you in anyway we can!

I have been there myself.

If you need anything PM me and I'll e-mail you some info.
I've been there myself awhile back.

Thanks
Devante.

Young man,

EVERYONE here is more than willing to help you. Look at
all the 'replies'. That should show you that all of us here
can & will help you in anyway we can!

I have been there myself.

If you need anything PM me and I'll e-mail you some info.
I've been there myself awhile back.

Thanks
Devante.
Thanks Devante, Ill PM you if i think i need to