• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Force USA Power Rack

For anyone else interested there is a good deal going here - POWER RACK CAGE SQUAT STAND W/ LAT PULL DOWN + 200KG BARBELL WEIGHT SET + GYM | eBay

I just bought one (there are currently 2 left). They guaranteed the latest version of the rack (1210 wide) and will break down the plates as desired. For the money I have not seen a better deal (even secondhand). And freight is cheapest I've seen too (for my location). I offered $50 less than buy it now price and it was accepted straight away (I should have gone lower LOL but it was still a bargain with the pull down unit & 200kg of weight included).

But no bench???????????

I've already got an iron-master adjustable bench so that wasn't an issue for me. I think it is a good deal compared to other offers I've seen over the last 6 months, even if you add $300 for a bench. And IMO this rack is better than the MMPR and the LC2. Also freight is a lot cheaper than GymDirect and Cyberfit (for my location in Brisbane).

I did the math as follows:

1 Package Deal _ Power Rack with high low pulley + ASFID bench + Olympic bar + 145kg Olympic weights $1450
delete the bench -$345
add 55kg weight +$140
upgrade to 1500lbs barbell +$50
add dip attachment +$65
comes to $1360 and freight is over $100 dearer for my location
so about $1460

LC2 Power Rack + 180KG Olympic Weight Set + Flat/Incline bench | | Cyberfit Gym Equipment $1278
delete the bench -$295
add 40kg weight +$100
add pull down unit +$175
comes to $1258 and freight is over $200 dearer for my location
so about $1458

That is a good deal mate, enjoy

I have found things getting quite competitive between the bigger ebay sellers

Cheers - I'm glad to have finally found something suitable after such a long search, and after my recent financial headaches with my car.

I'm really looking forward to working out with this rack. To me it looks like the leader of the pack in this range of the market. It has closer hole spacing, numbered hole spacing, protective plastic coating for the numbering, a massive clearance for the lower rear cross brace member, nylon coating on the J hooks to protect the bar knurling, very rigid bolted joints with the gusset plates, fully adjustable dip handle width, and a multi grip pull-up bar that suits the typical 2400 ceiling height in Australia. Pretty much a perfect design IMO for home use. My only gripe is that they should of added a close-neutral grip on the pull-up bar, but then the band pegs could also be used for that I guess.

I think G&F are going to put a lot of pressure on their competitors this year with this rack design and their far cheaper freight. If they keep running this deal all year they will sell heaps of them.

8 x 15kg Olympic Rubber coated weight plates

pls explain???

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. There is a default set of plates, but you can order the plates however you want. I ordered the weights as 4 x 1.25 kg, 2 x 2.5 kg, 2 x 5 kg, 2 x 10 kg, 8 x 20 kg.

Everything arrived today and I got it all setup in a few hours. One of the pulley wheels is faulty (it's missing one half of the bearing case) so I have contacted G&F and requested a replacement.

the commercial power rack looks great, especially with the width issue addressed... seriously thinking i might get one of these instead of the welded cyberfit i was considering (yes i know i don't lift much weight, i just like solid things) when i buy my place.

Here's some input from me... I just assembled mine... found a great deal on a barely-used F-PC and decided to pull the trigger.

I'm really happy with this rack. It's solid, heavy & feels like it will withstand a beating. I'm glad I went this way rather than spending more & getting a commercial rack. Now that I've seen this rack & put some weight on it, a commercial rack would be overkill for me.

Pros:
Heavy duty
Very adjustable, lots of configuration options
Great chin-up bar
Nicely shaped, HEAVY DUTY barbell hooks
Easy to assemble

Cons:
Not many!
The barbell hooks rattle when you do chins or dips.

the only Con for me and it isn't really a con because all racks at this price point have it is pulling the safety bar in and out of the holes isn't that troublesome, but i can see why the quick release safety bars in the high end racks are cool

Are your racks a bit 'shaky' when doing various non bench exercises eg chin-ups, dips (I have the handles on the inside), cable curls (I have the lat pull down attachment) etc. Even when shaking the cage it does move not a lot but still a fair bit. I've tightened each bolt as hard as I could. Mines not bolted into the ground which I'm thinking may be part of the issue. Is this the norm for this cage?

Yo kg3. My cage does have a small amount of shake. Bolting to the floor helps, but doesn't eliminate it. I don't think it's too much of a concern though. When I used to train at an unmentionable commercial gym (shudder, vomit) even their heaviest power rack would get some movement in it when you rack the bar.

I'm sure you can get sturdier units that don't move around, but I don't think it's vital.

As an interesting point of reference, I was just re-watching a great video of Tommy Suggs coaching the Olympic Press at Mark Rippetoe's facility, and you'd be surprised how much those racks move around.

I don't use it for dips much but use the chins a lot and never had any problems

I actually got hold off 4 extra band pegs so i do use 4 to store standard plates at the back of the rack. This definitely helps stop any possible movement of the rack.

just bought it from gym and fitness ( with the lat pulldown and 200kg weights)
just wondering how much weight the pull down can take? do they use Olympic sized plates?

also are other accessories worth the value

When I used to train at an unmentionable commercial gym (shudder, vomit) even their heaviest power rack would get some movement in it when you rack the bar.

I'm sure you can get sturdier units that don't move around, but I don't think it's vital.

Hammer strength racks are pretty solid, I'm assuming they cost a lot though :)